3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ICOC

Started by David Randolph, May 31, 2007, 04:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

There were some news out for ICOC:

• ICO to Redeem All Outstanding Shares of Preferred Stock
PR Newswire (Wed 4:46pm)

This was already expected, since management talked about it at the latest conference call. Anyway, hopefully it will boost the stock.

I'll keep holding ICOC.

David Randolph

Nice move from ICOC yesterday, I'm glad I've kept one half of it, which I don't expect to sell before the $19 area is hit, which is the optimal selling price given by my valuation model. The current 5.2% size makes me more comfortable holding ICOC.

David Randolph

Resin prices are ticking up again, which bodes well for ICOC's revenues and earnings:

Resin market analysis from the Plastics Exchange

I'll keep holding ICOC.

David Randolph

ICOC opened with a gap down for no particular reason, so it climbed back up, also for no particular reason (other than putting things back where they should be). But, to be really fair, ICOC should be in the $19 area ... that's where I expect it to be six months from now, I'll continue holding ICOC.

David Randolph

ICOC rose 7.8% yesterday and I'm starting to regret having sold half of my position in it. On the other hand I'm glad I kept half.

The "sell half" recommendation is the easiest one, because the analyst always seems at least half right and never wrong. However, I don't think he provides a valuable service giving this type of recommendation ... everybody knows how to take a profit, or a half-profit, but to know if a stock is a buy or a sell, without hesitation ... that I call having a clearly defined strategy and following it.

So, I must say that I'm ashamed of that "sell half" attitude. Even more so because I kind of sold because someone else said "sell" and that had an impact on the market. I'd better be more confident in my own fundamental analysis.

But, I'm glad I've held half ;D and I'll continue holding this half for what's to come.

soxguy





Buy stock for just $4!

No account minimum
No investment minimum
No inactivity fees

www.sharebuilder.com 


Extended Trading - After Hours Stock Quotes 

                                           FlashQuotes InfoQuotes Summary Quote Charts Pre-Market Charts After Hours Charts Revenue / EPS Summary Company Financials - View Competitors - Short Interest Company News Analyst Stock Research Stock Report Real-Time SEC Filings - Holdings/Insider Summary - Institutional Holdings - Insider Form 4 Equity Options Extended Trading Company Research - StockConsultant - Guru Analysis Annual Report ICOC     
   
   

   



 
   ICO, Inc. 

Pre-Market Quotes |  Pre-Market Charts |  After Hours Quotes |  After Hours Charts  Oct. 10, 2007 Market Close: $ 14.95 



   
   After Hours Trade Reporting   
   

After Hours
Last: $ 15.61   After Hours
High: $ 15.95 
After Hours
Volume: 47,071   After Hours
Low: $ 14.7636

After Hours
Time (ET) After Hours
Price After Hours
Share Volume
17:30   $ 15.61  200
17:30   $ 15.60  400
17:30   $ 15.60  100
17:28   $ 15.70  300
17:22   $ 15.74  900
17:22   $ 15.74  100
17:20   $ 15.75  100
17:20   $ 15.75  100
17:20   $ 15.75  100
17:20   $ 15.70  200
17:20   $ 15.62  100
17:20   $ 15.67  100
17:14   $ 15.87  200
17:14   $ 15.87  300
17:14   $ 15.75  400
17:13   $ 15.87  400
17:12   $ 15.88  125
17:12   $ 15.88  1,000
17:12   $ 15.89  100
17:12   $ 15.89  825
17:12   $ 15.89  1,000
17:12   $ 15.89  100
17:12   $ 15.89  100
17:12   $ 15.89  900
17:12   $ 15.89  200
17:12   $ 15.89  100
17:12   $ 15.89  400
17:12   $ 15.89  100
17:12   $ 15.89  900
17:12   $ 15.95  1,000
17:12   $ 15.95  100
17:12   $ 15.95  100
17:12   $ 15.95  725
17:12   $ 15.95  275
17:12   $ 15.95  200
17:12   $ 15.95  100
17:12   $ 15.95  225
17:12   $ 15.87  600
17:12   $ 15.87  400
17:11   $ 15.73  100
17:11   $ 15.73  800
17:11   $ 15.74  100
17:11   $ 15.89  100
17:11   $ 15.89  790
17:10   $ 15.73  100
17:10   $ 15.73  400
17:10   $ 15.73  100
17:10   $ 15.73  400
17:10   $ 15.73  100
17:10   $ 15.73  300



 



1 2 3 Next 
   



Investors may trade in the Pre-Market (8:00-9:30 a.m. ET) and the After Hours Market (4:00-6:30 p.m. ET).
Participation from Market Makers  Up after hours on good volume. No news.

David Randolph

QuoteUp after hours on good volume. No news.

There was an SEC form 13G filed by Bear Sterns, at 4:20 pm, saying it owns 10.6% of ICOC:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/353567/000106259207000164/icoc13g-093007.txt

I wonder if that Upside Stocks sell recommendation had anything to do with this >:D

David Randolph

Quote from: David Randolph on October 10, 2007, 05:52:27 PM
QuoteUp after hours on good volume. No news.

There was an SEC form 13G filed by Bear Stearns, at 4:20 pm, saying it owns 10.6% of ICOC:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/353567/000106259207000164/icoc13g-093007.txt

I wonder if that Upside Stocks sell recommendation had anything to do with this >:D

Bear Stearns didn't just recommend ICOC (like it happened on GIGM), Bear Stearns actually bought a 10.6% stake in the company. ICOC opened high but it couldn't hold on to its gains because of the general market weakness. Anyway, I'm more confident than ever that the stock will reach $19 in the not so distant future.

David Randolph

ICOC keeps getting better, closing at a new seventeen year high yesterday. The all time high was set in July, 1990, at $16.25, so we're just shy of it. I shouldn't have sold half of this holding. But I'll keep this half for the long term ... just wondering what Q3 2007 will bring us in terms of revenues, profits and outlook. I wonder if my estimates aren't too conservative, because it feels like ICOC can be a multi-bagger and it would be a shame to cut profits around $19. Anyway, the stock still closed at $16.15, so I'll probably have some more time to think it over.

I'll keep holding ICOC.

BigSully1

Quote from: BigSully1 on September 27, 2007, 01:45:41 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on September 27, 2007, 10:56:12 AM
Thanks BigSully1. I guess ICOC suffered a double whammy yesterday, I've just received an e-mail with the following explanation for yesterday's fall:

«Before I go on, I want to let you know what happened on September 26, when the stock closed down nearly $3 on 4x the usual volume.  It turns out that someone (hedge funds ??) put out a false report that ICOC was downgraded by a "boutique shop firm" from Buy to Neutral.  Well, that firm (Sidoti) did downgrade ICOC but it was on September 7.  That day, the stock closed at $12 and since that day it got as high as $15.50.   When you look at the chart, you see that this stock has been going almost straight up from $9 during the last couple of months, so in a way, yesterdays "breather" was necessary and gives a much better entry.»

The e-mail also says ICOC is going to the top 10 of IBD top 100 list. We'll see about that.

ICOC is recovering some ground today, up about 5%.

I agree David. I think it has probably already seen the bottom of it's correction and I shouldn't have been so greedy to hope to buy back around $12. The part about the Top of the IBD list is speculation right now, but also very possible. Stocks have to be above $15 and remain there to get on the list. Has to get over the $15 resistance level first., but definitely IBD 100 quality. IBD has/had absolute highest/best top ratings in all four categories for ICOC, although the sector as a whole is not that well rated.

Well it did it. ICOC is now #7 on the IBD 100. Now lets hope it can stay above $15 and stay on the list. Their comments are "33% past $12.18 buy pt of volatile 9 week cup base.

BigSully1

Quote from: BigSully1 on October 15, 2007, 03:39:27 PM
Quote from: BigSully1 on September 27, 2007, 01:45:41 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on September 27, 2007, 10:56:12 AM
Thanks BigSully1. I guess ICOC suffered a double whammy yesterday, I've just received an e-mail with the following explanation for yesterday's fall:

«Before I go on, I want to let you know what happened on September 26, when the stock closed down nearly $3 on 4x the usual volume.  It turns out that someone (hedge funds ??) put out a false report that ICOC was downgraded by a "boutique shop firm" from Buy to Neutral.  Well, that firm (Sidoti) did downgrade ICOC but it was on September 7.  That day, the stock closed at $12 and since that day it got as high as $15.50.   When you look at the chart, you see that this stock has been going almost straight up from $9 during the last couple of months, so in a way, yesterdays "breather" was necessary and gives a much better entry.»

The e-mail also says ICOC is going to the top 10 of IBD top 100 list. We'll see about that.

ICOC is recovering some ground today, up about 5%.

I agree David. I think it has probably already seen the bottom of it's correction and I shouldn't have been so greedy to hope to buy back around $12. The part about the Top of the IBD list is speculation right now, but also very possible. Stocks have to be above $15 and remain there to get on the list. Has to get over the $15 resistance level first., but definitely IBD 100 quality. IBD has/had absolute highest/best top ratings in all four categories for ICOC, although the sector as a whole is not that well rated.

Well it did it. ICOC is now #7 on the IBD 100. Now lets hope it can stay above $15 and stay on the list. Their comments are "33% past $12.18 buy pt of volatile 9 week cup base.

Whoops! sorry. that should be #9 on the list instead of 7.

David Randolph

QuoteWell it did it. ICOC is now #7 on the IBD 100. Now lets hope it can stay above $15 and stay on the list. Their comments are "33% past $12.18 buy pt of volatile 9 week cup base.

QuoteWhoops! sorry. that should be #9 on the list instead of 7.

# 9 out of 100 is very good. I wonder if this IBD issue could be the catalyst to drive ICOC towards the $19 area. I remember what joining IBD did to a medium cap like SYX several months ago. Unfortunately the rise wasn't sustainable, because there wasn't enough fundamental backup, it was a liquidity driven move. If something like that happens in ICOC I'll take profits around $19, which is the optimal selling price given by my valuation model.

So, my plan is simple:

1) If we get to $19 without new fundamental information I'll sell;

2) If there's new fundamental information before $19 is hit I'll adjust my valuation model accordingly and will hold until the new optimal selling price is reached.

David Randolph

The trading plan is set:

QuoteSo, my plan is simple:

1) If we get to $19 without new fundamental information I'll sell;

2) If there's new fundamental information before $19 is hit I'll adjust my valuation model accordingly and will hold until the new optimal selling price is reached.

I'll just follow the plan.

David Randolph

Wow, it has been some time since I last went to www.plasticsexchange.com, but I see now that resin prices had a big jump the last few days. This bodes well for ICOC's 4th quarter results.

I'll continue with my trading plan for ICOC, hopping that the incoming fundamental data will force myself to rise the estimates that I have on the valuation model:

Quote1) If we get to $19 without new fundamental information I'll sell;

2) If there's new fundamental information before $19 is hit I'll adjust my valuation model accordingly and will hold until the new optimal selling price is reached.

David Randolph

The plan is set:

Quote1) If we get to $19 without new fundamental information I'll sell;

2) If there's new fundamental information before $19 is hit I'll adjust my valuation model accordingly and will hold until the new optimal selling price is reached.

Nothing else to do but follow it.