3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GSB

Started by David Randolph, June 18, 2007, 07:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

It's incredible, but GSB came off to touch the $4 support, prior resistance, and the ascending trendline. It represents great value in this area, and I hope that people that are still out take advantage of this golden opportunity.

If GSB keeps respecting that trendline it will be at about $14 a year from now (because the ascending trendline rises 0.03891 per trading day). That's all we need. I'll continue holding GSB through all ups and downs.

Garoh

Quote from: David Randolph on July 27, 2007, 05:10:56 AM
It's incredible, but GSB came off to touch the $4 support, prior resistance, and the ascending trendline. It represents great value in this area, and I hope that people that are still out take advantage of this golden opportunity.

If GSB keeps respecting that trendline it will be at about $14 a year from now (because the ascending trendline rises 0.03891 per trading day). That's all we need. I'll continue holding GSB through all ups and downs.

David I think I was a support for the stock at 4.01   ;D
Got half of my order filled .... I put this order a week ago but I wasn't sure it will reach it 100%
No Pain No Gain

David Randolph

QuoteDavid I think I was a support for the stock at 4.01   Grin
Got half of my order filled .... I put this order a week ago but I wasn't sure it will reach it 100%

Great timing Garoh :)

The stock bounced from support, as it should ... still five months to go before the year closes, more than enough time for GSB to move towards the $8 - $10 range.

David Randolph

GSB's bull trend continues, as expected. I think it won't take long for GSB to be around the $6 level.

pinoleropuro

it was doing so good I wonder what happened?  ???

David Randolph

Quote from: pinoleropuro on July 31, 2007, 04:37:24 PM
it was doing so good I wonder what happened?  ???

The general market turned south when American Home Mortgage (AHM) plummeted 89%, after saying it couldn't fund its loans anymore and was considering liquidating its assets:

Rally spoiled by subprime, oil

This has nothing to do with GSB or its business, but some people had some profits to take ... and then the stock got a bit of bearish momentum. You know, it's a short term game.

Longer term I believe GSB, being in the Wide Area File Sharing (WAFS) market, can only go up.

David Randolph

GSB was able to hold the ascending trendline on close, even though just barely. I expect the medium term bull trend to continue, but Ill hold GSB whatever happens to the chart, because I trust the fundamentals of the company.

David Randolph

GSB rose a bit yesterday, still above the ascending trendline, as it should be. It's interesting to note that the company is displaying its WAFS services on its website now:

http://www.cuteftp.com/

"Reduce bandwidth used up to 95% between branch offices" seems like a nice slogan.

I just love GSB, this is one of those that I'll keep for good.

Terliso

Quote from: David Randolph on August 03, 2007, 06:28:07 AM
I just love GSB, this is one of those that I'll keep for good.

So do I,  ;D .... GSB touched the trendline and bouncing from it.

David Randolph

QuoteSo do I,  ;D .... GSB touched the trendline and bouncing from it.

Yeah, but yesterday the stock closed slightly below the ascending trendline. However, whatever technical or short term fundamental developments GSB may have, it is a stock that I'm prepared to hold through all ups and downs, as a long term investment.

eggman11

GSB is going to report earnings on Monday Aug 13 ater the close followed by a conference call.
Hopefully, it will positive enough to get us above 5 and beyond.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070807/20070807005383.html?.v=1

David Randolph

Quote from: eggman11 on August 07, 2007, 11:30:32 AM
GSB is going to report earnings on Monday Aug 13 ater the close followed by a conference call.
Hopefully, it will positive enough to get us above 5 and beyond.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070807/20070807005383.html?.v=1

Hi eggman11, nice to see you :)

I have the same expectation as you do. No doubt there will be very good news out on Monday (the company already gave very strong guidance due to a DoD deal), we'll just have to see how the market reacts to the news.

I will also be interested in knowing more about the future at the conference call, specifically about how the WAFS business is doing and its prospects and if we can expect more big deals with the DoD or other governmental institutions.

Almost no volume yesterday. I'll keep holding GSB.

lancefur

Quote from: David Randolph on August 08, 2007, 08:20:52 AM
Quote from: eggman11 on August 07, 2007, 11:30:32 AM
GSB is going to report earnings on Monday Aug 13 ater the close followed by a conference call.
Hopefully, it will positive enough to get us above 5 and beyond.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070807/20070807005383.html?.v=1

Hi eggman11, nice to see you :)

I have the same expectation as you do. No doubt there will be very good news out on Monday (the company already gave very strong guidance due to a DoD deal), we'll just have to see how the market reacts to the news.

I will also be interested in knowing more about the future at the conference call, specifically about how the WAFS business is doing and its prospects and if we can expect more big deals with the DoD or other governmental institutions.

Almost no volume yesterday. I'll keep holding GSB.

Is it common for this stock to have days of no volume? And in general terms, does that indicate anything about the quality of the stock? Just curious. Thanks!
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

Terliso

#88
Quote from: David Randolph on August 07, 2007, 05:09:20 AM
QuoteSo do I,  ;D .... GSB touched the trendline and bouncing from it.

Yeah, but yesterday the stock closed slightly below the ascending trendline. However, whatever technical or short term fundamental developments GSB may have, it is a stock that I'm prepared to hold through all ups and downs, as a long term investment.

My trendline is still intact... ;)
I adjusted my trendline a little bit, omitted the long wicked candle from last May.

David Randolph

QuoteMy trendline is still intact...  ;)
I adjusted my trendline a little bit, omitted the long wicked candle from last May.

Good idea, adding some flexibility to the chart. I'll do the same with my chart.

On a fundamental note, I wonder if next Monday news will be enough for GSB to breakout above the $5.25 horizontal resistance level. That sure would be nice, for the stock to accomplish the closing of 2007 in the $8 - $10 range.

I'll adjust my fundamental estimates when we get the results ... I'm just a bit afraid that the market won't be paying 35.84 times EPS if there's a bearish environment. Well, it is paying 70 times 2007 estimated EPS for RVBD, which is a GSB much larger competitor, so ... it's possible (curiously enough RVBD held quite well in the market dip).

I'll continue holding GSB.