3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GSB

Started by David Randolph, June 18, 2007, 07:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokyopua

Looks like a bit of "sell the news" here today, but the stock should recover soon enough, those were great earnings  ;D
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on August 13, 2007, 05:13:11 PM
Looks like a bit of "sell the news" here today, but the stock should recover soon enough, those were great earnings  ;D

Yep, on Friday we've had "buy the rumor" and today "sell the news". Longer term the stock goes higher on improving fundamentals. Full update with conference call highlights tomorrow before the open.

capricho

Hi David,

Since cashing out my portfolio on February 26-27 I've decided to jump back in after the recent downturn. I'm convinced that a few of your picks such as GIGM, NVTL, JAKK, SWIR, and GSB will show nice returns for the patient investor. Hanging out in cashland hasn't been so bad but now I'm bored and need some excitement back in my portfolio. I'm sure, either way, I'll get what I wish for.

Capricho

David Randolph

Quote from: capricho on August 13, 2007, 10:43:54 PM
Hi David,

Since cashing out my portfolio on February 26-27 I've decided to jump back in after the recent downturn. I'm convinced that a few of your picks such as GIGM, NVTL, JAKK, SWIR, and GSB will show nice returns for the patient investor. Hanging out in cashland hasn't been so bad but now I'm bored and need some excitement back in my portfolio. I'm sure, either way, I'll get what I wish for.

Capricho

That looks like a nice timing Capricho, congrats on your patience and ability to stay in cash for more or less prolonged periods of time.

There's some problem with the conference call replay or with my computer and I can't hear it at this moment. I'll try again later in the session.

Overall 2nd quarter revenue and EPS came in even higher than the guidance the company provided in June 1st and everything is on track with my long term fundamental forecasts.

The market action is explained by a "buy the rumor, sell the news" classic phenomenon, but I think the stock fell to the "too cheap" territory again. Technically the trend remains bullish.

I'll continue holding GSB for the long term.

Stocky2000

#109
4.75 should be the bottom


was not the bottom whats wrong we test 4.25

Stocky2000

what an ugly sell-off who is selling ? Panic?

la-onda

sell the news as its finest  :-\ :-\

GSB: Volume Spike; 21% > 20-adsv, Stock -10.57%
Tuesday , August 14, 2007 11:50ET

This is the 2nd VOLUME alert for GSB in the past 7 calendar days.

Trading for GlobalSCAPE, Inc (AMEX: GSB) has been heavier than usual in today's session. By 11:50 ET, the stock had already traded 107,300 shares via 96 trades. The cumulative volume is 21.24% above its 20-day average of 88,505. Normally the stock experiences around 103 individual trades per session.

So far, today's volume surge has caused a net decline in GSB's stock price. At the time of this alert, the stock was trading at $4.355, down $-0.515 (-10.57%).

One year ago, the Company's shares closed at $2.850. The price has gained more than 52 percent since then.

Over the last 10 trading session GSB has traded in a range between $4.050 and $5.900 and is currently trading 26.19% below its 52-week high of $5.900 set on August 13,2007 and 104.46% above its 52-week low of $2.130 from May 15,2007.

In the previous 3 sessions, GSB trading has displayed a mixed trend. Closing results have been as follows:

August 13, 2007 --- closed at $4.870 down $0.430 (-8.11%) on 280,600 shares
August 10, 2007 --- closed at $5.300 up $0.600 (+12.77%) on 103,900 shares
August 09, 2007 --- closed at $4.700 down $0.050 (-1.05%) on 9,700 shares

The Company last released news on August 13, 2007 (yesterday):

"GlobalSCAPE Sets New Records For Q2 2007"

terainvestment

It seems just a profit taking after earnings.
Stock markets are on a roller coaster in these weeks and small caps are suffering more than others.


pinoleropuro


jimsaav


Garoh

It broke a very important trend ... I don't know why this bad sell off for a company with good news  :-\
No Pain No Gain

tokyopua

I bought some more at $4.15 with a limit order that got filled at the end of trading.  Yes, it broke a trend line, but today was a bad day in the overall market.  GSB is at a support line that has about 7 points since mid June, and is near the 50dma. 
Chance favors the prepared mind

Garoh

Quote from: tokyopua on August 14, 2007, 04:16:41 PM
I bought some more at $4.15 with a limit order that got filled at the end of trading.  Yes, it broke a trend line, but today was a bad day in the overall market.  GSB is at a support line that has about 7 points since mid June, and is near the 50dma. 

$4 is a support and it should not break it  ;D
No Pain No Gain

David Randolph

I heard the conference call and I see no reason for the sell off, other than "sell the news" activity and the general market bearishness.

There were some issues around Avail's integration which didn't go as well as expected due to different programming codes, but everything is being solved now and they expect Avail to be where they expected shortly.

The CEO maintained his $20 M revenue guidance for 2007. It can be more if there's another big order from the Army or any other governmental institution of if the partnership with Synteras produces any deal (Synteras is a $1 B private company).

Technically the stock broke down below our ascending trendline, but it just touched the $4 support area again and the 50 days SMA support.

Fundamentally I expect very strong growth, improving profitability and see the stock as undervalued. I see the core business as independent from the general economic activity in terms of GDP growth or private consumption.

I think the company will use the current sell off to buy back some shares, since they still have plenty of room in their stock repurchase plan.

I'll continue holding GSB for the long term.

tokyopua

Any close above about $4.03 makes today a hammer reversal candle, I am expecting to see that, probably closes above its 50sma at around $4.10.
Chance favors the prepared mind