3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - PerfectSage

#1
amkr closed at $12.87 up $4.5k on this. I still think I can sell this above $15 ::)
#2
Stock Picking / Re: sanm earnings play
May 05, 2006, 12:08:49 AM
still have sanm. closed at $5.69 today. Up $27k on it so far ;)

Will sell above $6 into brand new 52 week highs soon.

#3
Was in at the open at $12.35 Looking at the old highs, I get a $15ish price target.

Amkor Reports Record First Quarter Sales



CHANDLER, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 26, 2006--Amkor Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMKR) reported record first quarter 2006 sales of $645 million, up 55% from the first quarter of 2005 and up slightly from the fourth quarter of 2005. Amkor's first quarter 2006 net income was $36 million, or $0.20 per diluted share. For the first quarter of 2005 Amkor's net loss was $119 million, or ($0.68) per share, and included a provision for legal settlements of $50 million, or ($0.28) per share.

"I am pleased with our results this quarter and believe that the firm business conditions in Q1 have created a platform for Amkor to achieve measured, profitable growth in 2006," said James Kim, Amkor's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We expect that tight supply throughout the semiconductor industry, coupled with what we see as more disciplined behavior toward capacity expansion, will restrain upside production and dampen the amplitude of industry cyclicality. We believe a less volatile business environment will better enable Amkor to enrich our product mix, improve asset productivity, and increase profitability and cash flow."

"During the first quarter we saw seasonally robust demand across a broad range of end markets, with upsides for advanced packages, such as MicroLeadFrame(R), System-in-Package and 3D packages for wireless communications and consumer applications," said Kim. "Our strategic alliance with IBM continues to develop very well."

"In February we announced a strategic expansion of our electroplated wafer bumping operations in collaboration with Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing and other customers who operate in Singapore," said Kim. "This initiative recognizes the increased adoption of flip chip packaging and the leadership position in wafer bumping technology we have gained through our Unitive subsidiary. In conjunction with our existing test operations in Singapore, Amkor will provide turnkey wafer bump and wafer probe services for leading edge applications on 300mm wafers at advanced process nodes. We believe there is strong market demand for our advanced bump and probe capabilities, and expect our wafer bumping production build-out to be largely supported by long-term supply agreements."

"First quarter sales of $645 million and gross margin of 24% exceeded our guidance as customer demand remained firm during what is typically a seasonally slow period," said Ken Joyce, Amkor's Chief Financial Officer. "We are benefiting from a focused effort on optimizing our asset allocation, improving labor and asset productivity, disciplined capacity expansion and enriching our product mix."

"First quarter gross profit includes a $4 million impairment charge primarily related to our decision to close down a camera module production line in Korea, where we have not achieved targeted returns and associated cash flows," said Joyce.

"First quarter SG&A expenses were higher than previously planned, principally attributable to greater than anticipated professional fees and increased IT-related expenses," said Joyce. "In light of stronger business conditions, we have decided to invest a portion of our increased earnings to enhance our worldwide IT systems capabilities. We are moving forward with a broad-based ERP implementation designed to ensure that Amkor has the systems infrastructure necessary to accommodate planned growth while managing an increasingly complex supply chain."

#4
I don't use the asi. Never ever bothered with it actually. I think the ppo is the best momentum indicator cuz it's relative so you can compare momentum between stocks. It's also like the macd ie easy to read unlike the adx.

I like to scan for ppo line crosses it's signal line above 5 and ppo line crosses 6,7,8,9 & 10

The ppo of the best momo stocks will get to 10 in a hurry and keep on going to 20 or 30.

Get rich quick ;)
#5
Stock Picking / Re: CTLM - Centillium Communications
April 26, 2006, 07:10:02 PM
trading at $3.95 in afterhours trading. Ouch.

Hope you sold today.  If not :( for you.

Been on the receiving end of dissapointing earnings announcements to hate holding stuff through earnings.
#6
Stock Groups / Re: Stock Group Lists Input
April 26, 2006, 01:06:33 PM
xsnx is an alternative energy play.

http://www.xsunx.com/
#7
Stock Picking / Re: sanm p&f chart breakout day too
April 26, 2006, 12:12:36 PM
sanm just broke $5 so today is point&figure chart breakout day too with bullish price objective of $7.75 :) 

I always take those with a grain of salt ;)
#8
Stock Picking / sanm earnings play
April 26, 2006, 11:42:39 AM
I bought at the open at $4.69  ;D I think the earnings are good enough to break the $6.02 high from last year and to start hitting 52 week highs.

Sanmina Holdings 2Q Losses Narrowed; Revenue Falls 7.5%

Dow Jones Newswires

Sanmina-SCI Corp. (SANM) after the closing bell Tuesday reported a fiscal second-quarter net loss of $103.4 million, or 20 cents a share, sharply narrower than the loss of $1.06 billion, or $1.99 a share, in the year-ago period.

Excluding certain items, earnings for the second quarter ended April 1 came in at $30.5 million, or 6 cents a share, up slightly from $29.3 million, or 6 cents a share, last year.

Revenue for the San Jose, Calif.-based electronics manufacturing company fell 7.5% to $2.67 billion from $2.89 billion last year.

Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had forecast earnings of 6 cents a share on revenue of $2.66 billion.

The company forecast fiscal third-quarter earnings of 8 cents to 10 cents a share, excluding items, on revenue of $2.7 billion to $2.8 billion. Analysts are looking for a per-share profit of 7 cents on revenue of $2.76 billion.

Shares of Sanmina-SCI were up 8.2% in after-hours trading Tuesday.

#9
GTA Requests / Re: G-TA: Wednesday 04/05/2006
April 05, 2006, 11:40:01 AM
Hi G

Was playing with the stockcharts.com scan engine and came up with a scan for stocks that are hitting brand new 52 week highs after a long time and found:

rnwk and dcel  

Whadda think? tia

 
#10
GTA Requests / Re: G-TA: Monday 04/03/2006
April 03, 2006, 12:08:33 PM
Hi G

Sold BDCO at the open ;D What's a good reentry point?

LVLT: Is $4.50-75 a good reentry point now that it's slipped below $5?

I'm thinking of buying IPII  2005 eps $1.34 & Q4 eps $0.28. Love the chart, but hate the home building sector.
#11
GTA Requests / Re: G-TA: Tuesday 3/28/2006
March 28, 2006, 11:38:56 AM
Hi G   I sold lvlt at the open at $5.10

LVLT: Level 3 Comm Guides Higher for Q1 & 2006 this morning. Now we now why it was having those nice candlestick days. ;)

I'm hoping to get back in at a lower price. I think the January/2004 $7.40 high +/- 50 cents is a good price target for this run.


#12
GTA Requests / Re: G-TA: Monday 3/27/2006
March 27, 2006, 11:17:25 AM
Hi G

what do you think of lvlt and xoma. I own lvlt and am thinking of buying xoma.
#13
Stock Picking / SWIR
September 21, 2005, 05:26:50 PM
Should get up to US$13 / CDN$17.50 pretty fast.  :)
#14
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: The man convinced me: SYNC
September 21, 2005, 02:24:35 PM
If  ABLE is a false breakout... ...well it sucked me in.  ??? I look at the volume pattern and I don't think it's a false breakout.  ???

I think oil is due for a trip and a bounce off it's 200 dma again. I don't think oil is a bubble and long term bullish on oil. In the expansion phase of every economic cycle there's a bubble sector in the economy that sucks in too much capital and then that sector goes bust causing a recession. This time arround it's real estate. Last time it was tech stocks. When ever I look at long term charts of the late 90's, I think: "What a crappy bullmarket I get to work with." LOL

Why do I overtrade? That's a good question Dave.
I started trading in the summer of 2003 and I was smart enough to know that I had an easy learning environment for a newbie and the overtrading habit started because I wanted to make as much money as possible before the trend changed. I keep overtrading because I've never really learned how to trade properly. I've just focused my attention on learning how to identify good opportunites based on breakouts or potential breakouts.

The first thing I did when I found 3SOF was check your buy recommendations. I knew you were good Dave because I saw a lot of stocks that I had overtraded or wish I had overtraded. LOL

Good luck on SYNC Dave.

#15
Previous 3SOF Picks / Re: Chinese are all around: AOB
September 16, 2005, 01:13:27 PM
[applaud] basonista. The only thing I can add to your analysis of AOB is that it should bounce off the 10 dma ($4.71 today) and/or the Sept 6th high of $4.57