3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ares

#510
Quote from: Ares on May 07, 2008, 07:02:55 AM
TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 33.83, out at 35.32 (first profit on TD)  :)

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, open
#4 at 89.70, open

TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 34.56, open (new)

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, open
#4 at 89.70, out at 98.49 (too early - because it went as high as 100.59  :o ).

At least, I got out at a profit. :) (profit #2 for TD so far  ;) )

It's also nice to see my TNOG (which I bought at 0.0022) go as high as 0.004 yesterday.

I remember sending out an alert at the stockbox yesterday when price traded above 0.003 (but didn't know it was gonna reach as high as 0.004).

Is this TNOG's up and away stage? (stage 3)

Stage 4 nearby? (take profits)

I'm at a dillema - take profits using STEPS/G-Pattern exit or hold longer for the 3 magic line set-up? hmmm. :-\

p.s. 50sma so close on crossing the 200sma for a golden cross.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Too bad, I had to place my order ahead of time (coz I had to go to work). It would have been a perfect hit for both at SKF's ltl and UYG's rtl on the hourly chart.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#512
This was my entry earlier:

[Thu 09:57] <Ares> Jegejig: recent orders placed: sell SKF 104.99 and buy UYG at 31.36

After hours high for SKF was 104.96 and UYG's low was 31.50. (Pretty close but not good enough - coz my orders expired).

Still refining my entries and exits and this comes to mind:

" If at first you don't succeed - TRY, TRY again"  ;D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melf,

The WolfeWave on UYG that we've been looking at looks like it got made. :)

ps. there was someone with your ID that visited our chat room in Pal Talk: "Trading with Skater and Angie" today.

I was happy to see "Melf Elf" present but had my doubts (may be an impostor).

I greeted "you" at the main chat and IM'd "you" but did not get any answer.

If you just wanted to observe and not say anything, that's ok.

I just wished I had confirmation that it was really you.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#513
My recent attempt to color code a chart:

Red     = up and down channel lines
Grey    = volatility expansion
Yellow = sideways
Green  = support and resistance (where the swing high and swing low meets)
Blue     = Wolfe Wave
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#514
UYG Daily Chart:

RSI2 oversold territory
Price below 200sma
Broke uptrend line (may fan out to a less steeper angle of attack?)
Went below the descending trendline
Closed above the 50sma
Closed as a hammer on its third lower low day
Price near support (4 circles).
30.53 is the -1.618 of the most recent daily candle
27.51 is the -3.618 of the most recent daily candle
Volume lower as price went lower = a bullish sign
MACD crossed down (but still above the zero line)
MACD divergence
Slow stochastics (not below 20).

50% retracement at 30.57 (which would produce a less steeper angle of attack)
61.8% retracement at 29.06 (would still be considered an uptrend - which is an even less steeper angle of attack) (Slow stochastics may be oversold by the time it reaches this area - if it goes there).

30.57(0.50 of swing), and 30.53 (-1.618 of the most recent candle) are just above the 4 circles (support area).


29.06 (0.618 of swing), and 29.02 (-2.618 of the most recent candle) are pretty close numbers too.

27.51 (-3.618 of the most recent candle) is near the 27.22 swing. Possible right shoulder of the inverse head and shoulder pattern?

The daily pivot at 32.12 is pretty close to the 0.382 of the swing too at 32.14

These are my most recent notes on UYG.

If there's something else you see that I don't see, please let me know.

The more eyes, the better.  ;)


Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Watchlist for next week:
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 34.56, open
#6 at 32.10, opened on Friday (May 9, 2008)

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, open

Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#517
Quote from: Ares on May 12, 2008, 09:04:47 AM
TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 34.56, open
#6 at 32.10, opened on Friday (May 9, 2008)

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, open



Recent orders:

Sell UYG at 34.49, open
Buy UYG at 32.05, filled
Sell UYG at 33.49, open
Buy UYG at 30.58, open

Sell SKF at 105.49, open


Attached is a chart of SKF/UYG from earlier today:
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 34.56, open
#6 at 32.10, open
#7 at 32.05, open

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, open


-------------------------------------------------------
Recent orders:

Sell SFK at 105.49

Sell UYG at 33.49
Sell UYG at 34.49
Buy UYG at 31.24
Buy UYG at 30.58

SKF/UYG making it longer for me to do rapid in and outs.

I wonder how long before  price gets "pinched"  ;)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Sold half of my TNOG yesterday at 0.006, from 0.0022 because the RSI2 and Slow Stochastics looked overbought.

My original target was 0.008 (weekly 200sma).

I feel that I should have held it longer. Oh well, decision was made.

I'm looking to get in on a pull back depending on how volume looks.

NIce golden cross on the daily so far with volume piling up.  ;)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

I'm planning to set aside $500 for "The Pincher Movement Strategy".

This idea came to mind when I thought of a movie I saw a while ago (when I was still a kid)how the Roman army surrounded their enemies and slowly "pinched" them (where the enemy can't escape in any direction).

This is the same idea that I would like to apply on price. :)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#521
Quote from: Ares on May 16, 2008, 09:15:28 AM
I'm planning to set aside $500 for "The Pincher Movement Strategy".

This idea came to mind when I thought of a movie I saw a while ago (when I was still a kid)how the Roman army surrounded their enemies and slowly "pinched" them (where the enemy can't escape in any direction).

This is the same idea that I would like to apply on price. :)

I would like to use TNOG for this project.

Reason:

Affordable
A low budget experiment
Recent G Pattern potential (noted earlier in the journal)
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8896.msg115093#msg115093
3 magic lines on the daily (not a T3ML though since it doesn't meet the weekly criteria - yet) :)
Recent Golden Cross
Volume at least 5 million (which went up while the price went up and currently down on pullback).

Notes:

Looks like TNOG behaving as anticipated so far.
Pulled back right at 0.008 (see reply #521).

Chart#1 (TNOGMay16d)

RSI2 hasn't gone below 30 yet
61.8% near 0.004 (where I recently placed 25,000 shares GTC)
angle of attack not quite steep yet (blue line).
Golden Cross (50 crossed 200 upwards)
Volume piling up (over 5 million = good liquidity).
Volume up while price up and down while price down
MACD bullish cross (still have a nice separation).

Chart #2 (TNOGMay16d8ema)

Price seems to have bounced at the 8ema
Captures/includes the slow stochastics ( which is in the overbought territory).


Chart #3 (TNOGMay16w)

Shows the weekly 200sma (which price recently used as resistance).
8 ema at 0.0033 (which gives me hope that my 0.004 bid may get a fill).
MACD near the zero line
MACD divergence
Slow stochastics (around the overbought territory)

Recent activity:

Bought 40,000 shares at 0.0022
Sold half (20,000 shares at 0.006)
Placed a GTC bid for 25,000 shares at 0.004 (which is equal to $100)

The Plan:

Set aside $500 for this project

Buy 50% (currently 0.004) of the recent daily swing (which is at 0.008)

Scenario #1

If the 25,000 GTC bid at 0.004 is filled, "pinch" price by placing a GTC sell order at 0.008
AND placing a GTC bid for 50,000 shares at 0.002 (which is 50% of the most recent fill).
Note that the number of shares was also increased to alot around $100 (from the $500 that was set aside for this project).

If price goes down and the 50,000 GTC bid at 0.002 gets filled, place a sell at 0.004 AND place a GTC bid for 100,000 shares at 0.001 to "pinch" the price.

Scenario #2

If the price goes up and the 0.004 bid doesn't get a fill, trail the new swing high with a 50% bid. (If the new swing high is 0.01, the bid will be at 0.005).

Additional thoughts:

Variation: If using more than $500 for the project.

To sell half (and enjoy short term gratification :) ), while letting the other half run.  ;)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Went long UYG at 31.51.
Recently sold my SKF at 105.49, from 98.41 :)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

steelman_43

i see uyg in a right angle triangle it may fall back to test the lower ban of 30 then breaking the 36 resistance running to next resistance at 42

Ares

TD update:

UYG
#1 at 29.11, open
#2 at 30.55, open
#3 at 33.45, open
#4 at 36.25, open
#5 at 34.56, open
#6 at 32.10, open
#7 at 32.05, open
#8 at 31.51, open

SKF
#1 at 116.05, open
#2 at 105.46, open
#3 at 98.41, Sold at 105.49 (profit #3  :) )
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.