3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

TASR

Started by jeff46902, August 12, 2005, 08:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff46902

There is news out that a lawsuit against Taser has been dismissed.  Stock is near 52-week low.  Yahoo reports 31% of float is short.  Do you think this would be a good time to buy TASR?

nikao

looks like a great pick... 8% up in premarket already...

applaud :)

jeff46902

I placed an order about a minute after market open when the ask was $9.05.  It got filled a couple minutes later at $9.28, now it's back down to 9.05.  So I'm down 2% on it right off the bat.  Any reason why it did that? 

Do you think it will come back up to the mid 9's short-term?

REALDEALS21


jeff46902

I used a market order.  Probably should have used a limit order -- it would have definitely gotten filled at 9.05 or so.  Stock has been trading in that range (+/- 5 cents) for most of the day so far.  I normally don't have this much trouble getting the stock at the ask price as soon as I place the order. 

I guess this is why it is good to wait about 10 minutes before buying any stock.

lojze


Melf Elf

Quote from: lojze on August 12, 2005, 11:01:38 AM
Never, ever use market orders.
Never.

I understand the sentiment behind your "never."  You've probably gotten some horrible fills on market orders, like the rest of us have.  But, there are situations in which you should use a market order.

One good example was the sale of ALTI that I posted in that folder this morning.  The stock was indicated to open at the top of the Symmetrical Triangle, and if it did open there, I wanted to take my profit and get out.  I suspected a "gap to crap."

By the time ALTI opened, the indication had dropped a little to BID 3.31...ASK 3.32.  The trendline is at 3.35.  I thought about waiting for it to open and then trying to sell it closer to the trendline at 3.35, but decided that it likely would drop real fast if I was right about the "gap to crap" open.   I had 5,000 shares, and I didn't want to fool around trying to guess what limit price to enter.  If I had put a 3.35 limit for example, often they won't fill it, and you sit and watch the stock tank, and watch your profit slip away. 

I've had that happen MANY times.  They keep dropping the BID...ASK below your limit price, or if you're trying to buy, they keep raising the BID....ASK above your limit price. 

With ALTI, there were relatively few fills higher than my 3.30 fill.   ALTI made its high for the day in the first five minutes of trading.  It's now trading at 3.11, where I originally bought it.   If I had entered a limit order that didn't get filled because the stock dropped so fast, I would have lost all of my profit, even though I "got it right" about the "gap to crap."   Believe me,  I'd be very frustrated that I had entered a limit order.

In a situation like ALTI this morning, don't hesitate to SELL AT MARKET.

Here's the "gap to crap" in ALTI:

http://ts-lc.sc8.finance.lycos.com/1123874431937?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=NASDAQ:ALTI&Interval=5&Permission=1000&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=&Param1=&Param2=&Param3=&FontSize=10&LocaleID=0x0409


edogwv

Noticed TASR hit a new 52 week low today.... Currently trading at 6.52 down 10 Percent thanks to SEC launching a formal probe -

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050927/taser_sec.html?.v=4

Any of you technical guys see a bottom on this one?

Thanks for any input -

PS - This is my first post so Take it easy on me if this one doesn't look super -

edogwv

Grabbed some at $6.03 (woops) see it bounced off 5.80 already ....

Falling knife or good time to jump in ??


shootingstar

I have been watching TASR but I think it might be a falling knife in the short term because of the SEC probe but in the long term it will be a good investment. IMO.

Waschbaer

An alternative to buying stocks that are going down is to buy the ones that are going up. I know it sounds strange, but a good number of traders feel it makes sense  -- as far as I can tell from what I've read. 

Geez, given the choice I'd probably pick a stock that's already going up, but if somebody tells me that s/he makes money buying stocks that are going down, who am I to doubt it, ya know?

edogwv

Seems to be trying to make a run.... Not sure if all the selling is over yet though -

Last was at $6.13 -


akam

TASR at the lower edge of uptrend channel.

maybe right place for a quickie.

akam

nice 20% gain.nearing the upper edge of trend channel.

keeping eye on it for possible breakout.

hehe3

IT MAY BE A GOOD TIME TO GET INTO TASR THINGS LOOKING UP THEY JUST HAD ONE OF THEIR BEST QUARTERS AND WON THE LAPD CASE.