3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

EliteG Infinite Compound Project

Started by eliteG, July 09, 2005, 04:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishTrader

it annoys the hell out of me as my silly scottish trading platform doesn't let me trade on lots of stocks, esp. OTC stocks.  Only by some miracle did it let me get into HYRF back when it was .20  :-[

So I can't trade XDSL, but here's what I think.  Looking at the chart, for now I think XDSL is done for the day.  It topped out at resistance at .32, and may hang out just below or pull back a bit more before EOD.  With 4x volume today, and with the RSI breaking 70, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pullback tomorrow too.  I've jumped into too many stocks with great moves lately, only for them to pull back the next day.  You're the king of day trading though, and I think its your call.  With that kind of gain, I wouldn't be confident holding it overnight.  It could gap up again in the morning, but the best it'll reach is next resistance at .34.  I think its better to take profits.

Just my thoughts ;)

eliteG

i think thats a great analysis scottish, thx  ;)

I think this is where the gap could occurr, straight over .34.  The insider buying/purchases at higher levels may make traders more confident,  I am willing to stick with this in case it does pick up steam.  I kinda like what I see on the lvl2(the tape) and I really wanted to play a battery play  :D


ScottishTrader

then go for it and good luck to you, just keep it cool 8)

have you been doing any daytrading on HYRF??  or just holding long?  As I said, while I'm long there are definitely gains to be made, but as you are a much more experienced day trader, how dangerous do you think a sell at open, buy at low plan is (provided the bulk of your holding is still long?).

Also, once a stock like HYRF has broken into wide open all time high territory, how do you calculate resistance levels to the upside?  Are there ways more reliable than just guesswork?  could you use inversed fibonnaci levels?

KCScott

HYRF is looking like a G spot?

Bidding $1.05 for 5,000 at 3:32 PM
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

eliteG

Quote from: ScottishTrader on October 05, 2005, 03:27:05 PM
then go for it and good luck to you, just keep it cool 8)

have you been doing any daytrading on HYRF??  or just holding long?  As I said, while I'm long there are definitely gains to be made, but as you are a much more experienced day trader, how dangerous do you think a sell at open, buy at low plan is (provided the bulk of your holding is still long?).

I haven't been daytrading HYRF so I cant really answer that but I would not let this one run without me  ;)

Quote
Also, once a stock like HYRF has broken into wide open all time high territory, how do you calculate resistance levels to the upside?  Are there ways more reliable than just guesswork?  could you use inversed fibonnaci levels?

targets on bluesky breakouts

psych resistance:
-numbers: whole numbers and 50 cent intervals
-% gain

Inverese Fib:
a great established trade method.  Where your target would be 38.2% more of the current trend.. if that makes sense

trend lines:
sometimes you can extrapolate some tops of candles out for a target.. or even a lower trend higher.

If you have a chart and dont understand any of these methods I'd be happy to give an example.




ScottishTrader

Ok, in that case, my estimates would be:

for the 38.2 % inverse fib to be 1.07-.71 = .35, which would corespond to resistance at 1.41 - pretty high ;D

50% would com in at 1.62. - even better ;D ;D

Finally, if the asccending trendline drawn here is good, then we should have an ascending triangle breakout too - technical target of 1.83.  Now that would be nice  :)  and as many others (David included) might agree, we can do BETTER!

But I still might take a portion out to day trade HYRF, e.g. today it would have been nice to have sold at around 1.15, after initial peaks (gotta make sure its not gonna keep ripping) and buy back in at 1.06, where it was sitting this afternoon, for an 8.5% return, and all shares in end of day.

I'm not saying it will always work out that way, but I might keep a closer eye on downward movements at the open.  And if it blows my sell point out of the water, I can put this money (all profit now) somewhere else or hold it for the next swing ;)

Believe me, I'll probably screw it up and lose out, but it helps being so much up on HYRF, that you can afford to play a little, and having watched it so carefully over the last month, maybe I've gained a bit of an idea of what it is likely to do....

oicpecnoc

Hey g,


a week or two ago i mentioned avln, still having my original 3sof stake, and that it was headed for a third attempt at 18.5.  It broke through today.  Any thoughts?

You jumped on the amep train, but you passed on the eyii and the avln.

I'll give you one more to chew on.  Bivn has European rights for the first childrens Leukemia drug developed in a decade.  Already approved in the USA.  Find the last drug to be approved by the US fda not to make it Europe, and I'll send you a coke.  It aint a double "play", but it is a strong possibility for a quick 20% gainer if you get in before the Euro announcement.  Its in the high 7's now.  Target: short term 9.50-$10 after announcement of approval.

Euro approval ANY day now, as well as possible genz/partner buyout, and good news on a hepatitus phase 2 drug study called virostat.  I have been holding since USA approval, "holding the bag" that is, but with Euro approval I'll get back to even. 

oic

akclide

hey G man,
             Found 2 more that look good,tell me what do you think.
EAG, SNRN

eliteG

Quote from: oicpecnoc on October 06, 2005, 12:21:13 AM
Hey g,


a week or two ago i mentioned avln, still having my original 3sof stake, and that it was headed for a third attempt at 18.5. It broke through today. Any thoughts?

You jumped on the amep train, but you passed on the eyii and the avln.

I'll give you one more to chew on. Bivn has European rights for the first childrens Leukemia drug developed in a decade. Already approved in the USA. Find the last drug to be approved by the US fda not to make it Europe, and I'll send you a coke. It aint a double "play", but it is a strong possibility for a quick 20% gainer if you get in before the Euro announcement. Its in the high 7's now. Target: short term 9.50-$10 after announcement of approval.

Euro approval ANY day now, as well as possible genz/partner buyout, and good news on a hepatitus phase 2 drug study called virostat. I have been holding since USA approval, "holding the bag" that is, but with Euro approval I'll get back to even.

oic

thx oic I will look into BIVN and AVLN

Quote from: akclide on October 06, 2005, 12:23:09 AM
hey G man,
Found 2 more that look good,tell me what do you think.
EAG, SNRN

not sure about EAG but SNRN looks like it may want to make a run  ;) I'll keep an eye out.


Otherwise..

Both HYRF and XDSL are being pressured but I still like both and I believe they can turn around todays action  :) lets see what happens

rickjust

hi elite g,
just learning about bollinger bands.
what kind of frame do you use for day trading? 20-2 ,10-2 ?
quote traker is auto set on 10-2
love somew help with this.
thanks
maxi

catrader

efsf might be ready to run or running already.

eliteG


shaker340

EliteG,
   How high do you think MBAH will go ???

Thanks,
Stephen

somebody041

Should go pretty high since it broke .043!

eliteG

Quote from: shaker340 on October 07, 2005, 09:53:56 AM
EliteG,
How high do you think MBAH will go ???

Thanks,
Stephen

MBAH recently broke a serious downtrend.. I would say maybe .08 is in reach and after some more consolidation perhaps more.  ;)