3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

RDCM

Started by David Randolph, November 01, 2005, 04:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: Amarens on November 16, 2005, 05:11:06 AM
Quote from: David Randolph on November 15, 2005, 08:27:27 AM

Technically the stock came down to test prior $2.82 resistance level, now support. I see no reason to sell at support, if it weren't for those strict money management rules I would even think on adding to my winning position.

Since I can't add, I'll just hold.


I don't think David sold. He didn't say he was going to sell at or just below support. Otherwise he would have said so!

I also did not sell. Still think it was profit taking. Yesterday was a very bad day for the 3SOF portfolio, all of them  :'( .Only PD, TII, DRDF and TSM went up a little. I see no other reason than profit taking. On non of them the fundamentals changed as far as I can see. Today the sun should shine again  ::).

Amarens

Amarens is right, of course I didn't sell, I only sell when I previously say I will !

I can identify support and resistance areas, but if the final word sent on the newsletter is «HOLD», it means I will «HOLD» whatever happens. If I were to sell I would have said: «HOLD, unless the stock is set to close below support at $2.82».

Not considering the short term noise and fluctuations, we have higher highs and higher lows on the big picture. I see no reason for this to change, at all. So I expect a high above $3.44 before the year's end for RDCM.

Therefore, I'll continue holding.

puenthouse

I understand you said hold, but that was when it was above the support.  I guess there is a grey line.
I appoligize to anyone that followed me out on this.  However I think i even thru viniger on my wound.  SO THERE I WAS:
I did not have a good feeling not knowing what david was going to do? and the fact that it broke support level of 2.82 and then davids comment on wanting to buy more.
So I put a sell limit at 2.70  if it went down, i assumed it would continue.  If it went up, well i would still have my shares.  WELL WOULD YOU KNOW IT WENT TO 2.70 SOLD; THEN WENT INTO THE 80's. 
Once again i appoligoize if anyone thinks i misled them.  I hope this goes to 3.42, but it can do it with out me.
Learning from every trade.

David Randolph

#32
No problem puenthouse  :) Tell me, do you receive the daily newsletter? There I provide the concise instruction. If I write «HOLD», it means I will hold whatever the circumstances. If I write «HOLD, unless support X is broken», it means I will sell only if the stock is set to break support on close. So no "grey area", I hope this is clear.

I can identify technical support levels but that doesn't mean I will sell if the stock breaks them.

Trading Plan for RDCM: Take profits at the upper end of the ascending channel, at about $4 a share. As downside protection, I will sell if the stock closes below the green ascending trendline, which for today stands at $2.38.

David Randolph

Nice 10% jump from RDCM yesterday. There were no news out, I'll just keep the plan:

QuoteTake profits at the upper end of the ascending channel, above $4 a share. As downside protection, I will sell if the stock closes below the green ascending trendline, which for today stands at $2.40.

voova99

RDCM 50-day average is going to break 200-day avg.
If it will take place we are in very bull trend, isn't it?!

Here is an article about networking equipment:

http://www.telecommagazine.com/Americas/Article.asp?Id=AR_427

Best,
Vova

David Randolph

Thanks for that article voova99, quite bullish for RDCM too  :)

I plotted the 50 day (yellow) and the 200 day (grey) moving averages on the chart, and there was no crossover yet, but it looks like it's coming.

The fundamentals for this company are attractive and improving, I see no reason for the stock not to go to the upper end of its ascending channel.

I'll continue with my trading plan:

QuoteTake profits at the upper end of the ascending channel, above $4 a share. As downside protection, I will sell if the stock closes below the green ascending trendline, which for today stands at $2.43.

David Randolph

Volume yesterday was extremely low on RDCM, just 57,000 shares traded  :P

I think fundamentals and technicals will take this stock to the upper end of its long term ascending channel, we'll see about that. As protection I use the green ascending trendline on the first chart below. For today that trendline stands at $2.45.

So, the trading plan is to sell above $4 OR IF the stock is set to close below $2.45.

David Randolph

You know what? I feel kind of bearish on small caps, as you can read here: Current General Market Overview

RDCM failed to breakout and I fear my 14% open profit will be wipe out in just 2 or 3 days. Investors are bidding up medium and large caps and they're letting most small caps drift.

More important than having plans is the flexibility to adapt to ever changing conditions (although I never change them intraday).

So I will sell RDCM around today's open.

defenderyou

Well just thought I would point out that the breakout finally happened today with RDCM closing at 3.28. I sold half my shares (trading) near here as I expect a little consolidation in t he low 3s; but still having a lot of shares I think there may be something brewing behind this 15% move today.

David, if you are reading this you may want to take a look. Also, consider SILCF which is part of the RDCM family. I was turned onto it today and am studying its potential.

Still hold KLIC by the way and expect that if 8.10 holds this will get back up to high 8s by next week.

Still hold TRAD as well ubt it has brought me pain recently

I also think ELN in the lows 10s is great buy - expect over $11 within two weeks.

Good luck

Gu$tavo

I'm back whit this(bought yesterday), I see $5 on the upside...

beroznikmal

#40
I Believe we have a new 52 week high....  ;D

1) Any comments on what might be a good sell point?
2) Would this be a good point to buy more since a confirm breakout occured?
3) Can anyone give a quicky on the fundamental since the next cc is on the 2nd of Feb?
Thanks....
Beroz >:D
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

beroznikmal

Is anyone still holding on to RDCM? it made a 11.92 % run today to close at $4.79. Temp. resistance at $4.84 and the next would b $7.00. I bought this stock back at $2.33 when our Guru Randolph bought it for the 3SOF portfolio, never sold it since. So i guess this is my first 100% gains stock. I plan to continue to hold this. Can anyone share their insights regarding this stock.

Thanks
Beroz
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

m2machine

RDCM has had its share of bad news lately with the most recent one being last week's warning. However, less than a month before the announcement DRCM's Chairman bought 263,000 shares in the open market paying an average $1.41/share. This to me means only one thing.....that the biggest insider and the largest shareholder expected significant long-term upside from his $1.41 price.

RDCM has a very small float and a strong balance sheet featuring about 60c/share and ZERO debt. RDCM's technology is excellent. They just need to do a little housekeeping, and with that they should rise again to a multiple of today's price.

Here is the chairman's announcement:



Zohar Zisapel, RADCOM's Chairman and Largest Shareholder, Expands Shareholding Through Acquisitions on the Open Market


Tuesday May 29, 6:01 am ET

TEL-AVIV, Israel, May 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RADCOM Ltd. (RADCOM) (NASDAQ and TASE: RDCM) today announced that Mr. Zohar Zisapel, its Chairman and largest shareholder, has informed the Board of Directors of the Company that he has acquired 263,300 RADCOM shares during the current month through purchases on the open market. As a result, Mr. Zisapel now holds 3,626,342 RADCOM shares, representing 22.2 % of the Company's issued share capital.

Do your DD on this one

alexxxtreme

RDCM is poised to bounce back up. There has been a lot of accumulation in the 75c area for the last few weeks.

Some of you might not know but there has been significant insider buying in the $1.5 area in recent months.

Zohar Zisapel, RADCOM'S Chairman and Largest Shareholder, Expands Shareholding through Acquisitions on the Open Market   –  May 29 2007

TEL-AVIV, Israel - RADCOM Ltd. (RADCOM) (NASDAQ and TASE: RDCM) today announced that Mr. Zohar Zisapel, its Chairman and largest shareholder, has informed the Board of Directors of the Company that he has acquired 263,300 RADCOM shares during the current month through purchases on the open market. As a result, Mr. Zisapel now holds 3,626,342 RADCOM shares, representing 22.2 % of the Company's issued share capital.

Please note: neither Mr. Zisapel nor the Company is legally obligated to disclose this information, and neither assumes any obligation beyond the requirements of the law to update such information in the future.

RADCOM develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative network test and service monitoring solutions for communications service providers and equipment vendors.  The Company specializes in Next Generation Cellular as well as Voice, Data and Video over IP networks. Its solutions are used in the development and installation of network equipment and in the maintenance of operational networks.  The Company's products facilitate fault management, network service performance monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting and pre-mediation. RADCOM's shares are listed on both the Nasdaq Global Market and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange under the symbol RDCM.  For more information, please visit www.RADCOM.com.