3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Gambler's Mirror trades

Started by gambler2075, February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gambler2075

Still holding sva in my deathgrip. Seems to be fighting through 4.05 resistance, especially on a day like this. With the bird flu conference next week and the fact that I am certain we will get some BF news over the weekend, I'm fairly confident (lol famous last words)

g



gambler2075

bot a little navr at 3.74... I think this found support and should move over 4 shortly.

g

gambler2075

sold 4.4k navr at 3.89... + 600
may move higher but I will take it.

now holding 3.5k nyny at 4.82 for a REAL gamble... gotta live up to my name.

g
p.s. SVA is killing me. of all the BF stocks I COULD have picked... gnbt, nvax, bcrx... SSHHHEESH.

gambler2075

current position:

still long 500 sva from 4.00 (oops)

last sold 4k sva at 4.00 (hehe) (-320)

bot 4.4k navr at 3.74, sold 3.89 (+600)

bot 3.5k nyny 4.82, sold 4.75 (-250)

decided to rent some rheo for 2-3 days (bot 4.7k @ 3.55)

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1609752977&tid=rheo&sid=1609752977&mid=9278

g

gambler2075

Thought that the rheo move was going to be bigger... then I realized that the information that came out today was something everybody knew... that the update would be coming out, and that it would come fairly soon. I was actually expecting the PR any minute now (today/tomorrow) and now that I know it is going to be a week, I refuse to hold for that long.

Sold into the strength 4.7k at 3.74 (a teeny bit early for today), for + 900.

bot sva at 3.51 (also a teeny bit early) for 5k, because I think this is oversold (was 4.4 like 1 week ago) and gosh darnit, I will go down with the sva ship here... c'mon. Bird flu. Trials phase I... update is coming... imho, oversold over the past 2 days.

May get out +500 here. We will see.

g

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if rheo runs to 4+, but oh well.

gambler2075

I admit that sva scared the crap outta me this morning at 3.27... missed calling the bottom by 1 day... and missed holding rheo for just one more day. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

OTOH, sva came back nicely and I believe this should hit 4 tomorrow. This bird flu stock imho is one of the best out there, and has been ridiculously pounded over the past 2 weeks when all the others were going up. Total bs, imho... now I believe it is back on its way towards it's true value, which should be easily over 5.

glta
g

gambler2075

Ack. the bastards...

sold 5k at 3.70, + 900, and sold the other 500 at 3.86 (-100)

g

gambler2075

Bought all in on miva at 4.17...

some of the guys on the board I follow are also in it to the tune of ~50k shares...

looking for a quick o/s bounce.

gl
g

gambler2075

Dang... the heavy hitter on my board has loaded up with 200k shares of lu at 2.85-ish... among his other holdings (dvw as well... and some others)

g

gambler2075

I'm thinking he might hold for just a few days longer after selling his vtss and mrvc (and jdsu) waay too cheap.. ;)
g

gambler2075

Looking at miva it seems to me like they are trying to keep a lid on it for some reason... the buying interest was quickly squelched in a couple of minutes... If this was going to fall, they would let it fall under it's own weight. The fact that they have to keep it down imho means something good is going to happen.

we will see.
g

gambler2075

ooh... this one is going to be interesting... they shorted rimm... one person short 1000 shares at 84.5 (probably 20% of his port? just guessing) and another shorting 800 shares at 85.6 (definitely <10% of his port)

have a good w/e, all

g

gambler2075

Hmm.. this is probably how they get to have such huge portfolios...

rimm is taking a pounding this morning, relatively. 81.3 last I checked...

they sold 135k of lu at 2.87-89... I guess he wanted to lighten the load.

pounding the table on insm at 2.15 a bit ago.

g

gambler2075

Quote from: gambler2075 on March 03, 2006, 01:35:48 PM
Dang... the heavy hitter on my board has loaded up with 200k shares of lu at 2.85-ish... among his other holdings (dvw as well... and some others)

g

dvw ain't looking bad either... these guys are pretty darn good, imo.

g

gambler2075

they covered half of rimm at 81.1... still approx 1k short.

dvw ain't looking bad either.

or lu

or insm bought at 2.15

or miva (some nice block trades going through)

g