3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

HKN

Started by saffeysite1, July 01, 2005, 12:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrangler

Sold @.76 for a small profit. Decided to sell because MACD is beginning to show a Bullish reversal heading into bearish downward trend. May be short pull back but when Black MACD line turns heading back down towards the MA blue line that is my sell signal. I will keep this stock on my watchlist. If it shows signs of a short reversal and head back up I might buy again.
Goodluck to any holding :)
wrangler

gambler2075

I'm liking this alot... got this one from another board...
to paraphrase... when oil recovers, this will bust 0.80...
stock actually moved UP  this past week while the oil sector tanked 10%...

in for 20k at 0.80.

glta

g

gambler2075

#47
Just wanted to add that this one is obviously not a short-term play... (i.e. one day moves like cesv was both times)...

probably going to hold for 1$+ and this is for a 1-3 week time frame.

FA:

Old but useful article:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1015/p01s03-usec.html

iran and oil prices:
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060116-100037-5641r.htm

second iran/oil article:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/BUSINESS/02/05/oil.price.asia.reut/index.html

Essentially what I (and anyone who buys this stock) is betting, is that Iran is not going to quickly agree to US demands, and this will be a long, protracted process... There will probably be bluffing on both the US and Iranian side, and although this will probably end with the US getting its way, I believe that this uncertainty will cause oil prices to rise... and thus more people will buy hec and other related companies. Unfortunately, this puts me in the ethically uncomfortable position of sort of wishing that things escalate between Iran and the US, which bothers me.

In addition to the Iran issue, the weather in the US has been unseasonably warm, and that has hosed oil prices... a return to colder weather also would help here.

Finally, hec imho is fundamentally sound, just like egy... the trading board I belong to called egy at 5.00 when it broke out, and they called hec at 0.60-0.61  and rode it to 0.83... now they are looking at hec again. The behavior of pps imho is quite bullish, with it repeatedly bumping up against ~0.80. P/E is also around 5. Disclosure: For right now, the "lead trader" in our group only has a starter position of 20k shares, but he is adding as it goes up (he had 200k shares of hec at 0.60 last time...)

This isn't going to go to 1$ tomorrow... so if you want a quick buck then look elsewhere... However, if things continue to get worse with the Iran/nuclear situation, imho that will drive up oil prices on the fear that Iran will use oil as leverage against the US, and the oil stocks like hec, and egy will go up.

GLTA

gambler2075

#48
Looking good today, imho. Seems like the floor is moving up... from 75c to 78c... there is a large amount of overhanging supply at 80, however... oil prices also stopped falling, imho. If Iran says some fightin' words soon, this will cause oil prices to spike, and hec to bust through 80.

next couple of days are key... if 80cents breaks, imho this is off to the races. if not, probably will fall back to 75.

safest play may be to add on break of 80c, imho...maybe 81-82 c...

I'm still holding here b/c I think that break is very likely.

Also wanted to add that hec is CRAZY bullish compared to the Independent Oil/Gas index...

Take a look at the past 5 days for that index:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EYHOh705&t=5d

Take a look at Hec for the past 5 days:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HEC&t=5d

imho hec is extremely strong, considering what the other stocks in its index are doing... very bullish.


glta

g

slomo007

I'm wondering if HEC is in play again.  It appears to have bottomed, but obviously we need confirmation of that with some increased volume (and price).  It stopped almost perfectly at the 200 day MA though.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this chart? 


gambler2075

Blast from the past... long since took my advice and sold the 20k at 0.78, when the breakout failed to happen.

so far nobody on our board is buying...yet. They were right on riding hec from 0.60 to 0.83 a month or 2 ago, so I am waiting for the leader to make the call...

g

setravis

HEC is looking good Terlisa ! I think it is a Buy..... ;D
I post it here so as to give the HEC thread an update.Chart looks good
Close above the 50-dma

Volume: 4,288,800
Avg Vol (3m): 1,849,300

Technicals
Close Above the 50-day EMA
Most Actives
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
6.29%above 13-day EMA
4.49%above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 77 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $98.79 
P/E Ratio: NA 
PEG Ratio: N/A 
Next Earnings: N/A
Last Analyst Rating: Neutral

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

wrangler

Thanks for the update setravis
It looks like a good play again. I'll probably look to getting in if I sell something. Everything on chart looks bullish.
Goodluck to all holding :)
wrangler

Terliso

Thanks Setravis for the quick reply....

Interesting.. HEC got higher volume today... It might be preparing again for another rally... let's see what's cookin'... ;)

Liquid Stick

HEC chart created on or before 3/26/06

In the world, of gifts from god, I succumbed to mediocrite and settled for engineer.  When here is where I belong.

Terliso

#55
HEC, HEC... what the HEC? ;)

I dig another chart for HEC @ the Solid Line so i can easily spot where the resistance are & it looks good... HEC needs to stay in the Price Channel to stay bullish & it needs to break the 0.80 resistance first & if that happens this thing will go above a dollar ;)

Melf Elf

I can't remember in what folder I posted this chart on March 5, but at that time, after making the $0.98 target exactly, the chart had 3 technical defects that I didn't like:

1. After breaking out of another "W"-bottom on January 13, 2006 HEC double topped at $0.85-$0.86, and had closed back below the middle of the second "W" bottom ($0.74).  That "should have been" support.  It wasn't.

2. The middle of the first "W"-bottom, $0.68, also "should have been" support.  It wasn't.

3. The gap fill of $0.66 on February 26 was fine.  HEC closed inside the channel (green) that day, right at $0.68 support.  Fine.

But, the next day, February 27, HEC closed below both $0.68 and channel support, and closed again below channel support on March 3, before my weekend post.  Not fine.  HEC looked headed lower.

HEC printed lows of $0.61 on March 8, 9 and 10, but closed above its 200DMA all three days, and has been acting much better since.

It looks like you guys have something here (see next chart).

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on April 11, 2006, 05:08:53 AM
2. The middle of the first "W"-bottom, $0.68, also "should have been" support. It wasn't.

Coming off the lows at $0.61, what "should have been" support at $0.68 became first resistance. 

$0.68 was the high on both March 16 and March 17.

HEC took that out on March 29 and got close to the top of the channel (green), then fell back to close at $0.66, which was the gap from January 6 (horizontal red line).

Yesterday, HEC closed above the top of the channel (green) by about a penny, on very good volume.  The high was $0.72; the close was $0.71.

Quote
1. After breaking out of another "W"-bottom on January 13, 2006 HEC double topped at $0.85-$0.86, and had closed back below the middle of the second "W" bottom ($0.74).  That "should have been" support.  It wasn't.

$0.74 is the next order of business.  That was the "W"-bottom pivot that got taken out on January 13, putting a target of $0.93 IN PLAY, which has been ON HOLD since HEC closed back below it.

As a result of that, $0.93 has been a "lost target," so to speak, but it will be back IN PLAY if HEC can close back above $0.74.

The $0.84-$0.85 Double Top is resistance along the way, but a rally from yesterday's close of $0.71 to, say only $0.84 still is a nice trade.  18% gain. 

I'd expect better than that, though, with yesterday's nice volume.

Good luck with this one, guys!



Melf Elf

#58
One last thing...the 13/21 RSIs have had a "Double Bounce" out of synchronicity (the readings were nearly identical).  The second signal came on April 6, so the "buy pivot" was $0.68, a penny above the April 5 high of $0.67.

Quote
Coming off the lows at $0.61, what "should have been" support at $0.68 became first resistance

I especially like the fact that $0.68 resistance has turned into a buy pivot.

EDIT: Okay, one last...last thing... :D

MACD crossed above its zero line yesterday:  +0.000417.  It's only by a hair, but this is looking good for you guys.  Good luck if you have it, or play it.

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on April 11, 2006, 05:29:14 AM
$0.74 is the next order of business.  That was the "W"-bottom pivot that got taken out on January 13, putting a target of $0.93 IN PLAY, which has been ON HOLD since HEC closed back below it.

As a result of that, $0.93 has been a "lost target," so to speak, but it will be back IN PLAY if HEC can close back above $0.74.

HEC just printed $0.75.  It's back to BID $0.73...ASK $0.74, but that's a good sign that HEC is attacking next resistance this morning.