3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ARTX

Started by eliteG, April 19, 2006, 02:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukiii

Why is Arotech seeking stockholder approval for the third proposal?

A.   Our board of directors believes that we should implement a reverse stock split to reduce the number of issued and outstanding shares, which are a result, in part, of the Company's past acquisitions and financings. In addition, our board of directors believes that a reverse stock split will facilitate the continued listing of our common stock on the Nasdaq National Market and may enhance the desirability and marketability of our common stock to the financial community and the investing public.

Our common stock is quoted on the Nasdaq Stock Market. To be quoted on the Nasdaq Stock Market, among other things, a company's common stock must maintain a minimum bid price of $1.00 per share. On September 27, 2005, the Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. notified us that our stock had traded for more than 30 consecutive trading days below the $1.00 minimum bid price, and that we had 180 days following our receipt of this notice from the Nasdaq Stock Market to trade above $1.00 for ten (10) consecutive trading days, or we would face delisting from the Nasdaq Stock Market. The bid price of our stock remained below $1.00 during this entire 180-day period, and accordingly, o n March 27, 2006, we received notification from the Nasdaq National Market that we were not in compliance with this minimum bid price rule and that we would be delisted. We have appealed this decision, and the Nasdaq Stock Market stayed our delisting pending our appeal. If our appeal is not successful, we will submit an application to list our stock with the Nasdaq Capital Market. The Nasdaq Capital Market has the same $1.00 minimum bid price rule as the Nasdaq National Market; however, under the rules of the Nasdaq Capital Market we have an additional 180 days, or until September 23, 2006, in order to regain compliance with the $1.00 minimum bid price rule. If we do not regain compliance, and our common stock is delisted from the Nasdaq Stock Market, trading in our common stock, if any, would have to be conducted on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the over-the-counter (or "pink sheet") market. This would likely significantly decrease the liquidity of our common stock. We believe that by reducing the number of shares of our common stock outstanding through a reverse stock split, the bid price of our stock may increase proportionally and we may be able to meet the Nasdaq's minimum bid price requirement, although there is no assurance that this will occur.

Additionally, if we effect the reverse stock split, our board of directors believes that the resulting reduction in the number of our outstanding shares of our common stock will better reflect the current market environment, will be more consistent with comparable companies and may encourage greater interest in our common stock by the investment community. Our board of directors believes that the current market price of our common stock may impair its acceptability to institutional investors, professional investors and other members of the investing public. Many institutional investors have policies prohibiting them from holding lower-priced stocks in their own portfolios, which reduces the number of potential buyers of our common stock. In addition, analysts at many leading brokerage firms are reluctant to recommend lower-priced stocks to their clients or monitor the activity of lower-priced stocks. A variety of brokerage house policies and practices also tend to discourage individual brokers within those firms from dealing in lower-priced stocks. Some of those policies and practices pertain to the payment of brokers' commissions and to time-consuming procedures that make the handling of lower-priced stocks financially unattractive to brokers. Our board of directors believes that if the reverse stock split raises the trading price of our common stock, our common stock may be more attractive to the investment community, which may increase the liquidity of our common stock.

eliteG

yukiii - thk you for this info but as stated in the original analysis we are full aware of this issue.  It is this exact controversy that we are trying to take advantage of with a nice technical pattern.  Please post a link next time to such information.  ;)

Leaira

I still haven't gotten into this stock yet.  Is it still a good time to buy this?  The technicals seem to show a little weakness now.

Leaira

eliteG

Quote from: Leaira on April 25, 2006, 11:27:19 PM
I still haven't gotten into this stock yet.  Is it still a good time to buy this?  The technicals seem to show a little weakness now.

Leaira

I agree Leaira  :).. technicals do show weakness here.  We had volume backing our buy a few days back.  If this picks up tomorrow with volume then I would say its a go.  We have a tight stop @ .39.

bigdogs99999

Not much price movement, but at 2 pm some jaw dropping volume today:
Volume: 17,631,140
Avg Vol (3m): 3,574,740
Any theories???
"Men make counterfeit money; in many more cases, money makes counterfeit men."

Leaira

I would say this one is more bearish than bullish.  Volume has been increasing to the downside.  ADX is very weak (barely above 10), so it's no longer a trending stock.  But like you said, there was a lot of volume and not much movement. 

Leaira

eliteG

Quote from: Leaira on May 03, 2006, 04:50:04 PM
I would say this one is more bearish than bullish.  Volume has been increasing to the downside.  ADX is very weak (barely above 10), so it's no longer a trending stock.  But like you said, there was a lot of volume and not much movement. 

Leaira

Volume increase on a downward price move is a sign of support Leaira  ;)..  This is exactly what we are counting on in ARTX to help launch it.  Low ADX can also be looked on as plenty of money on the side ready to move in.  ;)

We have a tight stop on ARTX.. and now this nice increase in volume perhaps it can make its move.  ;)

Terliso

Quote from: Leaira on May 03, 2006, 04:50:04 PM
I would say this one is more bearish than bullish.  Volume has been increasing to the downside.  ADX is very weak (barely above 10), so it's no longer a trending stock.  But like you said, there was a lot of volume and not much movement. 

Leaira

I agree... this one is really bearish...price not even above 50(SMA) weekly chart

For Safer play ..I always pick a stock that closes above 50(SMA) before triggering my trade (WEEKLY CHART)

Terliso

Force Index is a bloody one indicating a downtrend will likely to continue...

Terliso

Quote from: Terliso on May 08, 2006, 12:33:53 AM
Quote from: Leaira on May 03, 2006, 04:50:04 PM
I would say this one is more bearish than bullish.  Volume has been increasing to the downside.  ADX is very weak (barely above 10), so it's no longer a trending stock.  But like you said, there was a lot of volume and not much movement. 

Leaira

I agree... this one is really bearish...price not even above 50(SMA) weekly chart

For Safer play ..I always pick a stock that closes above 50(SMA) before triggering my trade (WEEKLY CHART)

If u look all the charts one by one in 3SOF best picks... price is always above 50(SMA) when they bought it GV,GIGM,BRVO,VPHM,AOB ... many more ;)

Maestro

Quote from: Terlisa on May 08, 2006, 12:51:43 AM
Quote from: Terliso on May 08, 2006, 12:33:53 AM
For Safer play ..I always pick a stock that closes above 50(SMA) before triggering my trade (WEEKLY CHART)

If u look all the charts one by one in 3SOF best picks... price is always above 50(SMA) when they bought it...

Learning slowly to read charts, I looked at the MA(50) of the last 10 closed trades in the 3SOF portfolio, on a DAILY chart (which appears to be the 3SOF team's way of charting), and all those stocks closed above MA(50) on the day before purchase. I excluded EZM because it was not traded long enough to have an MA(50)

Of the 12 currently open trades, on a daily chart all stocks except ARTX closed above MA(50) on the day before purchase.

Looking at the MA(50) of the above-mentioned 3SOF picks on a WEEKLY chart (Terlisos's way) I see that all except ARTX also closed above MA(50) on the Friday before purchase. In other words, applying the additional weekly-chart MA(50) analysis to the 3SOF picks one would not have bought EZM (44.37% profit) and ARTX (still open, at last close down 4.97%, if it stops out at $0.39 a loss of 13.81%)

Terliso

#26
I think this is going to be a buyback play for 3SOF just like what happened to CHID ....3SOF bought CHID below 50(SMA) then they sold it then bought back above 50(SMA) WEEKLY CHART...that was a good move. ;)


eliteG

update ARTX:

ARTX put in an extremely low volume day today so we are on watch for an expansion move.. either way.  We are going to move our stop on ARTX up to .41.. this is extremely tight but no need to mess around anymore.. ARTX produces or its gone.  ;).. We'll also put a target sell above .50 if we do get a spike.


------
Position: bought ARTX @ 0.4525 on 4/19/2006
Order: Hold
Exit: stop @ 0.4100
Target:  sell above .5000
------

bigdogs99999

Quote from: Terliso on May 08, 2006, 11:44:43 AM
I think this is going to be a buyback play for 3SOF just like what happened to CHID ....3SOF bought CHID below 50(SMA) then they sold it then bought back above 50(SMA) WEEKLY CHART...that was a good move. ;)


Lol.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  I held CHID after the sale by 3SOF and will hold ARTX the same way.  There is a fundamental lack of patience on these less than $1 stocks that does not work - they have wider swings.  Stock charts are simply a pictorial representation of statistics, and the old saying of lies, damned lies, and statistics holds true.  Happy to be in CHID at 38 cents.  I am guessing I will get to say the same on this one in the not too distant future.
"Men make counterfeit money; in many more cases, money makes counterfeit men."

Terliso

#29
Quote from: bigdogs99999 on May 09, 2006, 09:08:59 AM
Quote from: Terliso on May 08, 2006, 11:44:43 AM
I think this is going to be a buyback play for 3SOF just like what happened to CHID ....3SOF bought CHID below 50(SMA) then they sold it then bought back above 50(SMA) WEEKLY CHART...that was a good move. ;)


Lol.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  I held CHID after the sale by 3SOF and will hold ARTX the same way.  There is a fundamental lack of patience on these less than $1 stocks that does not work - they have wider swings.  Stock charts are simply a pictorial representation of statistics, and the old saying of lies, damned lies, and statistics holds true.  Happy to be in CHID at 38 cents.  I am guessing I will get to say the same on this one in the not too distant future.


Bigdogs, CHID & ARTX are different..
CHID is trading in OTCBB exchange & ARTX is trading in Nasdaq, if ARTX don't get the price above a dollar soon the company will either do reverse split or get delisted from NasdaqSC & will end up to these exchage if the company will get delisted (Pinksheet or OTCBB).

I've traded numbers of stock from Nasdaq that get delisted, recently was INSG now it's INSGY.PK
I bought that stock @ 0.34 but i'm quick enough to cut my loss @ 0.32 now it's trading in pink @ 0.16 :D ;D

Here is the thread if you are interested: http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4820.0

As far as I know 3SOF already got stopped out @ 0.41