3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

IEAM

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2006, 03:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg


Hello bmarc4211,

I dont understand whats the issue on PTSCE ? the instructions were «PTSCE.OB - (half position) HOLD (suggested stop price near $0.90)», the other half was already sold last week at $1.10.
The stock reached a low of 0.89 yesterday morning, and I sold the 3SOF position few hours later while the stock was trading .93/.94 with low volume.

About IEAM, tonight we'll post an update about it.






Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Update:
IEAM has been trading with very low volume, showing no special technical signs for the past weeks. The $6.50 area is working as a support and bottom of IEAMs current price range, the company is late on its fillings but the stock is somehow holding with not much damage in price.

We'll keep holding this position while it manages to trade above $6.50.

Trading Plan:
Hold IEAM with a suggested stop at $6.30


Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

buddjas1

From IR today:

Company is aware that its failure to file its 10K on time is hurting the stock as well as delaying the NASDAQ registration process.  However, the 10K should be filed by Monday.

The big block today (330K+ shares) was a New York hedge fund buying from another institutional investor.  The hedge fund plans to buy an addition 150K or so shares on the open market. 

Company is having an meeting of analysts at Pitt Penn in the next couple of weeks.

There is some conference happening in Las Vegas in the next couple of weeks, where the Company will announce a new line of chemical products under a well known oil/gas company brand name.

Company is presenting in November.  See http://pacgrow.com/Conference/presenting_companies.html

Personally, I beginning to doubt this Company and this stock.  I am putting IEAM on a very short leash.  IEAM is following the track of other "pump and dump" BB stocks; all "plans" and "presentations" with no results.

bmarc4211

Buddjas1, how short of a leash?  Ramsburg's stop at 6.30 seems about right to me. 

buddjas1

My leash is dependent upon Company actions not share price.

If IEAM does not file the 10K by close of business Monday, then I will sell.
IEAM has already blown through two (and, tomorrow, three) self-imposed deadlines for the 10K.


Ramsburg

Update:
IEAME had another positive reaction on the support level. Volume increased a bit in the last sessions, but there is no news yet :(
The last few candles along with volume are suggesting upside continuation, we expect this to be the move we've been waiting for; otherwise we may just drop this position out of the 3SOF Portfolio.

Trading Plan:
Hold IEAM with a suggested stop at $6.30

Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Update:
IEAME is finally showing some bullish developments on the TA front. Volume is slowly increasing, and the stock is now testing the descending resistance line.
We don't have any news yet, but the chart is asking for a breakout... lets wait a bit more.

Trading Plan:
Hold IEAM with a suggested stop at $6.30

Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Update:
Interesting development here, IEAME just had a breakout. We are not setting a sell price yet, but this chart setup suggests short term upside continuation.

Trading Plan:
Hold IEAM with a suggested stop at $6.30

Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Update:
The breakout was solid, and now we have IEAME trading near the target for this breakout, which would be about $9.00.
We are not waiting any longer, and we'll sell this position today, although we are not giving any specific price instruction here, and the trading plan is just:

Trading Plan:
SELL IEAM today

Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

buddjas1

I do not follow the strategy, here.  Why wait 3 months for this minimal gain?  I see the breakout from the TA point of view, but 3SOF bought IEAM as much for its fundamentals ($1.20 / share projected NI '07). 

With the Nasdaq listing coming in the next month or so and the increased institutional buying that will follow as a consequence, IEAM has nowhere to go but up.

IEAM should see $10+ in the very near future. 

3SOF appears to be missing an opportunity here.

422fwhp

I think it's a good idea to lock in profits in this unpredictable and volatile market.  I would bet the stock will retrace before see's $10. 

I was glad to get out with a small profit as it was tying up funds that could have been more profitable.

GLTA...Jody

Ramsburg

Quote from: buddjas1 on November 10, 2006, 03:42:35 PM
I do not follow the strategy, here.  Why wait 3 months for this minimal gain?  I see the breakout from the TA point of view, but 3SOF bought IEAM as much for its fundamentals ($1.20 / share projected NI '07). 

With the Nasdaq listing coming in the next month or so and the increased institutional buying that will follow as a consequence, IEAM has nowhere to go but up.

IEAM should see $10+ in the very near future. 

3SOF appears to be missing an opportunity here.

Hi buddjas1,

I respect your opinion about this trade, but let me clarify some of the reasons why we have recently sold IEAM accepting just a «small» profit here:

- IEAM, was picked for the 3SOF portfolio somewhere in June, one of the reasons why we were expecting a good performance on this trade was exactly: «Nasdaq listing coming in the next month or so» (back in June)
- Since June, the company has not released much information regarding that Nasdaq Listing, and several other important information...
- IEAM was supposed to be a quick short term trade, but in fact, the stock was already inside our portfolio for 5 months (our record time holding).
- This position was originally picked by EliteG, who has therefore left the 3SOF trading team, so this position came to my «guard», at that time already showing a «small» loss.
- IEAM is a low volume stock, therefore we had some liquidity issues for this position on our portfolio.
- With IEAM going up recently, and volume increasing to moderate levels, I was «relived» of some pressure on this trade.

To be honest, I have a neutral opinion about IEAM, I hope it goes up, and I wish the best to anyone holding this stock. The technicals are good and improving right now, if that Nasdaq listing really happens, you may be right about $10 or more, but holding it just because of this, is not part of our current strategy at 3SOF.

Best Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

raspi

any ideas for what happened after the release of financial results in the last two days!??!??! I am thinking about buying this one. Do they still adhere to their NI guidence for fiscal year 2007?

ygtrdr

This stock has just been pummeled over the last few days. Hope no one here is holding. :(


Kublakhan

Dropped the "E" and is seeing a gain today.   Looks like a nice opportunity for a little bounce action.