3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

TGB - Sector: Basic Materials---Industry: Copper

Started by Terliso, January 02, 2006, 11:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

QuoteThat's the issue...I'm a more thecnical player :P

Then stick to your own game if you want and wait for a clear breakout of the resistance level. Perhaps you'll save money. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for your participation Dracull ! Do you know Cem from clubeinvest.com? He's a very successful systems trader (pure technical and mechanical systems).

AussieTrader is also developing a space on 3 Stocks for technical systems, take a look: Trading Systems

jorgegr

I also believe you got a good one here, particularly due to the sector.
As to technicals, the MACD and full STO look very promissing and those
three lines (50MA, 200MA, 200EMA) are in the right place.  CCI is just waiting
to explode.
Thx David for bringing this up to our attention

GLTA holders

Dracull

Quote from: David Randolph on December 06, 2006, 08:20:21 AM

Thanks for your participation Dracull ! Do you know Cem from clubeinvest.com? He's a very successful systems trader (pure technical and mechanical systems).

Yes, I was fortunally enough to meet him at a lunch of stockinvestors, after that we discover that we work at the same complex.

Anyway, regarding TGB, I will look to this one closely. Good Luck  8)

tocitygirl

Is TGB and TKO.TO - are they same company??

David Randolph

Quote from: tocitygirl on December 06, 2006, 10:13:00 AM
Is TGB and TKO.TO - are they same company??

Yes, Taseko Mines Ltd, you can buy on the TSX :)


tokyopua

Quote from: Dracull on December 06, 2006, 07:43:58 AM
Sorry to say this, but should you wait first for the breakout to be confirmed before jumping into this one?  ??? ???


Dunno about a breakout on TGB, but there is one today on TGP lol!
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

QuoteYes, I was fortunally enough to meet him at a lunch of stockinvestors, after that we discover that we work at the same complex.

Anyway, regarding TGB, I will look to this one closely. Good Luck 8)

So you work at Lagoas Park, in Oeiras, right? I used to work at Quinta da Fonte :)

Now I work at my place in Ericeira, by the sea ... ;) Perhaps someday we can have a cup of coffee or a beer

Anyway, I don't know if I understand what you mean, you're saying you're a technical trader and you're satisfied with that or would you like to also learn Fundamental Analysis to make you a more complete investor?

I can recommend you good books on Fundamental Analysis.

Coming back to TGB, if it rises another penny today it will be above the descending trendline on the chart. Volume was good enough. Anyway, even if it fails to breakout this time, and perhaps it trades 3 or 5% lower, that won't scare me, because my macro analysis of the $copper market says it is about to make a run towards $450.

TGB share price may double on such a macro environment.

I'll continue holding TGB.

Dracull


Yes, Lagoas Park is my current workplace. Ericeira seems better, sure thing, I'd love to go there to have a cup of coffee, and maybe some fresh fish too, just tell me when.  8)

My formation at the stock market is purely AT, but more and more I begin to consider to join AT with fundamental analysis, if you can recommend some good book it would be super.

Now, with TGB, I bough 3% and if it makes the breakout (hope soon) I will then reforce my position.

David Randolph

QuoteYes, Lagoas Park is my current workplace. Ericeira seems better, sure thing, I'd love to go there to have a cup of coffee, and maybe some fresh fish too, just tell me when. 8)

Great, let's have lunch in the first week of January My e-mail is [email protected], send me an e-mail so we can arrange things without messing TGB's thread.

QuoteMy formation at the stock market is purely AT, but more and more I begin to consider to join AT with fundamental analysis, if you can recommend some good book it would be super.

Ok, you need to read "Mastering Fundamental Analysis", "Buffettology" and "One up on Wall Street", for a start ;D

Quote
Now, with TGB, I bough 3% and if it makes the breakout (hope soon) I will then reforce my position.

Well, I can't say I was expecting the stock to fall 4.35% today, but I can say I was prepared for it:
QuoteAnyway, even if it fails to breakout this time, and perhaps it trades 3 or 5% lower, that won't scare me, because my macro analysis of the $copper market says it is about to make a run towards $450.

$Copper went down $15 in the last couple of days. It seems the shake out process isn't over yet. I need to substantiate my macro view on $copper with a macro article (I'm a $copper bull  since 2001 - but I need to check if everything stands, since $copper is up more than 300% over that time period.)

Theoretically I see strong demand for a few more years, maybe a decade, and not a lot of supply coming to the pipeline. I don't see anybody opening new copper mines. People need it, but no one wants to produce it, despite the big economic incentive given by rising prices.

This is a recipe for higher and higher copper prices until finally new mines and companies enter the sector. But not yet.

I'll continue holding TGB.



David Randolph

Arghh, the last two days candles were awful, I'm already losing 6.27% on TGB. Dracull was right, I could have waited to confirm the technical breakout, and if there wasn't one, I could have bought the stock a good 5 or 10% lower.

But "could have" should never exist in a trader's mind. It doesn't help in any way.

So, what about now?

I see the 200 and 50 days simple moving averages coming up to provide support. I see a company that had profits of $0.28 per share over the last four reported quarters (PER = $2.54/$0.28 = 9), and I expect that to only get better.

I'll continue holding TGB, my second copper play.

David Randolph

TGB had a small but positive day yesterday, as $copper rose 0.7% to $313.35. I expect the 50 and 200 days ascending moving averages to provide support, and then a rise over $2.80 will probably unfold.

I'll continue holding TGB.

David Randolph

TGB sent out a positive press release yesterday:

Taseko Adds 74 Million Tons to Gibraltar's Mineral Reserves

The stock was up 3.5% at its intraday high but closed just 1.56% higher. Better than nothing. I see TGB mining more and more at a lower cost and I also see copper prices rising above $4/lb if/when the current medium term consolidation phase is over.

The only risk I see to this play is that, after being a very long term bull on $copper since 2001, I'm buying near the top here. But ever since the beginning of the commodities bull market, I expected it to be a bull market of ten to fifteen years, as usually happens with commodities, not just five years.

For now I'll continue holding TGB, expecting it to cross $2.8 after this brief consolidation phase.

David Randolph

TGB is coming back on good volume yesterday, I'll continue holding the stock, expecting it to breakout above the $2.74 - $2.8 resistance level.

David Randolph

Small dip on TGB as it still trades between the moving averages support and the descending trendline resistance level. $copper reacted positively to support yesterday.

I'll continue holding TGB, my second copper play.