3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ares

#210
DNDN momentum low entry at 13.98 with a protective stop just below 13.80
It looks like DNDN used the 13.83 ans 13.79 previous houlry highs as support.
Previous hour's resistance at 14.40 with a low of 13.62
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#211
13.98 -13.80 = 18 cent loss for DNDN.
Is it going for 12 bucks again?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

wrangler

Hi ares
Looks like you had a busy day :o with DNDN. How did you turn out overall.
wrangler

Ares

#213
DNDN profit = 1.90
DNDN loss   = 0.16
DNDN loss   = 0.18

Overall =  1.56 profit for friday's trading day ( good if that trade was for real).

Then again, I'm still on education mode (this thread is mainly for educational purposes).

Regarding HOKU, I ended up holding it overnight - worse over the weekend!

I was tempted to exit at 6.43 when level 2 slowed down.
When I didn't see  block trades on the green being printed on the time and sales I wanted to exit - but I didn't.
When the price opened and closed below the 15 minute ma I should have initiated an exit and  closed my position - I didn't.
I said  I'm going to exit post market - I didn't
I said I'm going to exit premarket the following day - I didn't.

Now I'm faced with the dillema on how to get out of HOKU.
This is just paper trading for educational purposes (but I'm treating it as real trades) and yet I'm still having controlling my emotions.

I don't think I'm ready to go in with real money yet.

When I saw TGEN doing it's thing, I didn't get in since I was still in HOKU.

I wanted to exit HOKU and get in TGEN when I realized that HOKU has met less criterias than TGEN did - but didn't.

I sat in front of the computer looking at HOKU go down and TGEN go up.

My pride kicked in and wanted HOKU to go up too - now I'm stuck.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#214
I just tinkered with the Bollinger band and am planning to see how this new settings would turn out.

I changed the period from 20 to 8 and kept 2 standard deviations.

The reason I did this is to incorporate the 8 moving average (which I mainly use for an upward momentum entry) into the bollinger band.

I mainly use the B -  of an expanded bollinger band which I use for the momentum low entry.

For a breakout entry - I mainly use the B+ of a tight bollinger band.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#215
Question: Using the 1 minute Bollinger Band in conjuction with the Daily and Hourly Chart for Support and Resistance, which strategy did you employ that have been the most profitable?
breakout  0 (0%)
Momentum low entry  0 (0%)
Price low entry  0 (0%)

Total Voters: 0



After re-reading Josh Lukeman's book today, I think I misunderstood the definition of a positive net price which deprived me of potential opportunities.
I'm going to take a poll to find out how other members define a positive net price.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#216
pre-market most active: NVAX,CMGI,AVII

Stalk List (closed above Weekly 8ma)
ONT,ADST,ABAT,RNO,SPEX,SONS,MVIS,DISK,TAGS,HOKU,GRIL,BSQR,ANO,CYTR
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#217
In NVAX at 3.27

Went in with the trend above the 8ma of the Daily,60,15,5,and 1 minute time frames. (This is still below the Weekly 8ma which is currently at 3.46)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#218
Out NVAX at 3.27

Did not see block trades on the green and level 2 was slowing down.

Previous hour's high= 3.17
Hourly close/open pinch = 3.08
Previous week's high = 2.84
Previous hour's low = 2.75
Daily congestion area = 2.75
Previous day's high = 2.66

Re-entry would be close the support areas above combined with 1 minute momentum low signal

OR

after the hourly time frame pulls back and makes a higher high ( better if it's above the hourly 8 ma with block trades on the green coming in with a nice level 2 set up)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

NVAX = bid 3.13
Stop just below 3.08
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#220
In NVAX at 3.13
protective stop just below 3.08
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

20,000 golden block at 3.25 in NVAX got printed in the time and sales.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#222
Out NVAX at 3.07
Broke the 3.08 protective stop
After the momentum low entry of 3.13, it went up as high as 3.26.
Should have gotten out on a plus earlier.
This may go down to 2.84 or tank all the way to 2.75.
With my luck lately though, this may start going up after my exit close to the low.
Let's see what happens.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Watching DNDN's 14.99 resistance
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#224
Going in with momentum in DNDN at 15.00
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.