3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ares

Quote from: Ares on April 09, 2007, 03:41:44 AM
I'm so glad to see someone else looking for a selling volume capitulation in here.
I've been calling it a momentum low entry (from John Bollinger's Bollinger Bands).
I was starting to doubt that strategy.
Most of the time, I find that when I enter, the price goes up.
The problem is I don't exit while it's still on a plus for the day.
Recently, about 2 day's ago, I've been testing the linear regression/RSI(2).
I almost abandoned the idea of selling volume capitulation.
Now, I plan on integrating both.
We'll see how it goes.

I recently transferred some money into our tradefreedom account.
If I get more consistency on this most recent strategy, I might get out of paper trading and trade real money.

Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#271
Watch List for next trading day for buying low/selling high:

TSCM
PRGX
PKTR
ACTI
HAYZ
IONA
STTS
ANAD
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

For  going in with momentum, I'm watching NUVO,DNDN.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#273
Watching LJPC's 6.54 resistance
Above 8 ma
above previous day's high
positive net price
at least 25 cents above the open and still less than 50 cents above the open.
so far multiple time frames are uptrending.
watching time and sales to be filled with green (blocks would be better)
watching MM's if they leave 6.55
waiting to see a nice level 2 set up

Stockcharts is showing that price is already above the previous week's high but on my chart it shows previous week's high as 7.06 and a low of 6.0.

Stochastics crossed below 20 but MACD has not confirmed it yet.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#274
Watching  6.37 15 minute resitance of LJPC.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#275
Quote from: Ares on April 05, 2007, 03:21:23 PM
MAMA may be heading for the hourly 200 ma that is currently at 4.94
The 1 day/1 minute downtrending linear regression line is around 4.96
The 3 month/daily regression line is showing price currently sitting at the line that is second from the top with RSI(2) dipping below 80(from above (80).
It also looks like the 3 month/daily linear regression/RSI(2) showed a sell signal at around 5.60

combined momentum low/ ESM with the Linear regression as support.
MAMA went from 4.90 to a high of 5.37 so far.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#276
I wonder how the linear regression would look like in real time.
It's kind of hard to gauge right now if it's giving accurate signals.
Before the open, it showed that the price was on the top line of the linear regression and RSI(2) was above 80 on the 3month/daily chart for DNDN and NUVO yet DNDN still went way up.
Currently, I see the top line of the linear regression for DNDN in the 1 day/1 minute chart at 21.80 in the delayed chart.
Real time shows way above that right now at 22.45
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Currently the  8ma gave me a signal to buy at 6.37 on LJPC whereas the Linear regression is showing me to buy at 6.23.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#278
So far, it looks like stocks close to the lowest line of linear regression's 3 month/Daily chart are stagnant or going down. so far.
On the other hand, stocks on my going with momentum list are shooting up.

There must be a way to combine these 2 strategies.

I'm looking for a strategy to be able to  buy a stock close to the low of the day that moves because I want to be able to get in and out within the day to limit risk.

Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#279
Looking at LJPC with an entry of 6.37(using the 8 moving average entry - going in with momentum)
(The linear regression at 6.23 still would have not been excecuted at this moment. Currently entry already rose to 6.27)

What I'm working on until now is the exit.
The delayed Daily/1minute showed and exit of 6.73.
Current high is 6.76
If I exited at 6.73, profit would  be at +0.36 right now if the 8ma was used for entry and the linear regression was used for exit.

I would like to see where the 8ma of the 15 minute chart would  exited me.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#280
LJPC opened and closed at 6.59 (below the 15 minute 8 ma)
The exit would be at 6.59 giving a +0.22 cent profit with an entry of 6.37 using the 8 ma entry.
Currently, the delayed linear regression is showing an entry of 6.41(lower line rose again)and an exit of 6.90
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#281
LJPC active in premarket.
Stochastics crossed up from below 20
so far, MACD has not confirmed yet
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#282
PRGX at 13.50 as a momentum low entry
Uptrending 3 month/daily Linear regression is currently at its lowest line with RSI(2) below 20.
Waited for a momentum low, when the next minute candle was accompanied by  a slow time and sales print, bid at 13.50.
Exit at 3.74 according to the 1 day/1minute linear regression line/RSI(2), so far it's uptrending.
Profit would have been +0.24 cents.
In at 13.56 (delayed lower linear regression line at 13.58 with the top line currently at 13.82)

12:31ET
What I see is a steep downtrend on the hourly chart (including premarket info)
with a high of 14.93 and a low of 13.15 so far.

12:44ET
It looks like the upper downtrend channel has been broken on the 1 minute chart.
I wonder if this breaks the 13.48 resistance.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

ABAT
Stochastics crossing from below 20
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#284
So far this is how TSCM looks.
12:12et
1 minute chart showing a break of the downtrend line from the high of 11.84.
(from a tank of 11.84 to a low of 11.40)
went on consolidation with a low of 11.40 and a high of 11.56.
Broke consolidation to a high of 11.68.
Will it test 11.56 or go down to 11.40.
I wonder if this will use the horizontal support in combination with the downtrend line as support too.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.