3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ares

#315
In CYTR at 4.62 because it freshly traded  2.5% above the open, nice level 2 set up, 1 minute chart uptrending, broke previous 15 minute high above the 8ma and time and sales was filled with green prints.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#316
Out PKTR 9.01 because we have to go out and as of now, I don't want to hold stock that has a lot of overhead resistance and is below the 200 and 50 daily ma.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#317
Quote from: Ares on April 18, 2007, 12:47:06 PM
In PKTR at 8.93  using the hourly 200ma as support.
This is a risky entry since I'm bottom fishing - buying weakness as people are selling.
Alert at 8.91
Protective stop at 8.73 (20 cents).


Quote from: Ares on April 18, 2007, 03:19:05 PM
Out PKTR 9.01 because we have to go out and as of now, I don't want to hold stock that has a lot of overhead resistance and is below the 200 and 50 daily ma.

Looks like I got out of PKTR too early.

Quote from: Ares on April 18, 2007, 01:35:29 PM
In CYTR at 4.62 because it freshly traded  2.5% above the open, nice level 2 set up, 1 minute chart uptrending, broke previous 15 minute high above the 8ma and time and sales was filled with green prints.


Well I'm out at CYTR too at 4.56 - at a loss.
I made a mistake of reading the right set up at the wrong time (trading times for the set up is supposed to be within 2 hrs after the market opens or at the most before the big boys at wall street go for lunch and 1 hour before the market closes.)
I realized this after entering the trade but did not get out right away.
I saw CYTR stall at around 4.65 but gave it the benefit of the doubt that it may just be pulling back (but normally if it stalls, it falls).
I saw the Ax leaving the bid but I read it as it may be doing a fakeout/shake out (because it went up and down - doing the dance.)
I saw the AX moved over from the bid to the offer, but thought it was just bluffing - could have gotten out at 4.59.
When red prints filled the tape and bid and ask locked at 4.56 - I told myself - I better get out and got out at 4.56.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#318
Still holding on to:

GNTA 1,000 shares at 0.37
Quote from: Ares on April 18, 2007, 09:43:30 AM
In GNTA at 0.37
trading at least 2.5% above the open
positive net price
above the previous hour's close of 0.369
nice level 2 set up.
green block trades filled up the time and sales.


HOKU 500 shares at 6.40 and 500 shares at 6.17 and is showing as 1,000 shares at 6.285 on my paper trading account.
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8896.msg95024#msg95024

LJPC shows I entered 500 shares at 8.38 on my paper trading account.

SOFO shows I entered 500 shares at 4.27 on my paper trading account.

TSCM  500 shares at 11.44 and 500 shares at 11.63 and is showing as 1,000 shares at 11.535 on my paper trading account.

Currently this is how my paper trading account looks like:

Profit/Loss Realized Total: $7,772.00
Profit/Loss Unrealized Total: ($1,795.00)
Profit/Loss Total: $5,977

These trades would have been possible if my account was over $5,000.

The real test comes in when real money is involved.
That's where the real battle of fear and greed comes in.
I really hope that by the time I trade for real, those emotions are under control.

My wife bugs me and tells me that I've been trading and practicing for years but still have problems controlling my emotions.

Current plan is I'll try to analyze the stock we're interested in, let her know where I plan to enter and exit but she pulls the trigger.

She told me that I may have more experience and practice than her but she has better self control.

I can't wait to be in the premium area to get all the help I need.

We were able to add more funds on our trading account and will most likely take the promotional 14 day trial on Sunday, April 22, 2007.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#319
Wow :o
Just when I thought the premium service doesn't talk intraday... ::)
The more that I'm looking forward to being in there after reading the Stock Talking Board forum a few minutes ago. :)
That's what I get for speed reading - sometimes I miss the important ones.
It's good to re-read, pick up what was missed and understand it better the next time around. ;)
I guess once I join the premium area, I will have to stop posting intraday comments on this (or any of the free area) threads. :(
I guess I'll have to keep my  :-X while I'm in the premium area.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#320
AVCI down at least 30% at premarket.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#321
In AVCI at 9.09
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#322
Out AVCI at 9.40

9.40-9.09 = 0.31
0.31*500 = $155
155-30 =  $125 profit
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

So far I like CBRX better than AVCI because it's cheaper and goes more with the trend.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#325
Quote from: Ares on April 19, 2007, 09:41:22 AM
In CBRX at 2.50

Out CBRX at 2.80 because there's too many red prints.

2.80-2.50 = 0.30
0.30*1000 = $300
300-30 = $270 profit
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Someone's playing around with CIMT on low volume. ;D
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#327
Back in at AVCI at 9.31
I hesitated getting in at 9.10 because I was looking at CIMT.
I see CIMT's true spread as far as I could see at 3.55 bid and 4.75 ask or 3.59 bid 4.18 ask.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

So far the open price signal is betraying AVCI's gap down.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Ascending triangle breakout on the 1 minute chart may happen on AVCI soon.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.