3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SYNM

Started by jayrbee, June 27, 2005, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayrbee

inverse head and shoulder??

what is length to form a cup and handle to make it  valid?
I bought for longer term in IRA, on pullback to 10.61

I tried to paste  the chart....sorry, grrrrrrrrrrrr




David Randolph

Nice chart but not on fire today ... we have a red candle, it wouldn't show up on my filters.

Thanks for this pick !

snowcat

The chart is nice, but the story behind the stock is what makes this potential dyn-o-mite.  Making diesel fuel out of discarded natural gas is like spinning gold out of straw.  As oil prices continue to rise, this stock (as well as other alternative energy stocks - DSTI, SPIR etc) will get more publicity.  If successful, this can be an answer to our energy problems.

There have been great articles written about the technology - one in Forbes last year comparing it to the next Saudi Arabia.  - In fact, Mike Schaefer who writes the "Peak Energy" report and the "Wealth Daily" newsletter has this as his secret number one pick!

jayrbee

I've read the story ,sounds great..........BUT, will it come through????  time will tell
I'll re-ask my 2 TA questions...........

does anyone see a reversed head and shoulder pattern?

within that H/S is there a valid cup and handle (head and left shoulder)? what is the generally accepted time that must be allowed for  a cup/handle pattern to be validated?

I'm not versed in chart patterns (head/shoulders, cups etc). But, i think I would be wise to learn because there might come a time I will need to look more long term.
I generally day trade and rely on fibs almost exclusively.
Thanks for opportunity to ask my questions.

Weightlifter

#4
Here are some guidelines,but they are not set in stone..there are several schools of thought on this formation....#1 The duration for the cup to form,,is usually 7-65 weeks..the depth of the cup should be between 12%and 33 % based on price...#2 The time period for the handle to form is at least 1-2 weeks if not longer..since this is based on a longer period,,,maybe between 14-16 weeks,,again this not an exact figure.#3 make sure the "handle low is Above the 200day MA.#4 the validation period wouuld be 5-6 weeks,a period of 8 weeks is considered normal.with the volume on the breakout being,at least 50% more then normal.. #5 Cups with a "higher right lip" usually prove to be more profitable,as well being less likely to fail on breakout.#6 there is more then one type of cup...there is more info on this but this might help some.,

eliteG

imo - a cup with handle is usually used as a continuation pattern and therefore needs to have a prior uptrend(for it to be a continuation must "continue" something)

theres a head & shoulder "reversal" pattern right here:


Weightlifter

Looks like a Barr formation starting in April,,with 3 spikes in April and May

Ramsburg


Just to add this nice post by snowcat on the other board about SYNM:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=992.msg5246#msg5246
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

snowcat

TGE does 3-d seismic surveys.  When it comes to searching for oil, this is one of the best and most economical methods.  On Fire today.

Many oil related stox have been down despite big oil prices - remember- the only one who makes pure profit on the high price of oil is Saudi Arabia (and maybe George Bush).  The rest have drilling and shipping expenses which are hurt by the high price of oil.

TGE is a consulting firm in high demand and with the price of oil high, searching for new wells will be top priority!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=TGE&t=1y

stocky

SYNM is consider the TASR of oil industry by some experts. Dont know mroe then that on it.

jayrbee

Thanks for the informative replies.
I thought I saw the inverse H/S pattern..
regarding the cup/handle ......DUH !!! each inverse/reversed H/S pattern will have a cup/handle won't it?
BUT...a nicely formed C/H will, maybe, give more credence to the reversed H/S ?

Thanks to everyone for your comments.


stock99man

I would wait until this one pulls back to about $9.00 - the chart says it all as it's had a nice run up but must pause before another run

http://www.wallstreettape.com/charts/custom/charts.asp?ticker=synm

cumulina

I've been interested in SYNM for a while - I have it on my "Alternative Energy" watch-list.

Being new to reading charts, I'd like comments on this chart.

I also think that there might be some interest for the stock next week:
http://portfolios.abcnews.go.com/quotes?tid=SYNM&tab=news&headline=no&source=Business%20Wire&path=/BizWire/20050701/20050701005474.xml

Cheers.

(Nice with a long weekend to have time to look things over! ;) )

Have a nice one, everybody.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

Ooops! Forgot the chart! ::)
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

stockpicker

SYNM is a very interesting story, but an uber-speculative one.

Here is the company's latest 10-Q: http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050510/synm10-q.html

Unfortunately, no financial reports BUT a clear warning that the company is far from profitability and that it actually requires additional finance. Nevertheless, I will continue to follow this stock and will jump in once it pops again - but with a very tight stop loss. Pure speculation for the short run, great shorting opportunity for the longer run.