3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

RIMM

Started by Garoh, August 16, 2007, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garoh

RFY IZ CALL  bought it at $1.70 

selling price will be at least 4.5

No Pain No Gain

Garoh

Quote from: Garoh on August 16, 2007, 05:58:45 PM
RFY IZ CALL  bought it at $1.70 

selling price will be at least 4.5



I'm out at $3.70  this is 205% gain  ;D
No Pain No Gain

Garoh

I sold it too early  :(

It passed my target and reached 5.30 

At least I'm out with 205%   

Anybody home ??   ;D
No Pain No Gain

catrader

now 8.10 x 8.30, wow where you right.  Any indicator you used that might have signaled such a move?

Garoh

Quote from: catrader on August 20, 2007, 01:03:55 PM
now 8.10 x 8.30, wow where you right.  Any indicator you used that might have signaled such a move?

Well , I missed another one which I sold it for 200% gain but it reach 6000% gain last friday  :o

It was for rimm call strike 210 for this month ...

I'm using a very complicated technical strategy ..

I used it for 2 years just on papers not real and I'm using it now since last march ..

look at CSCO  (cqy at strike 32.5 ) bought it at 1.75 today and will get out at 2.2 this week .. this is if you want to buy heavy quantity . I bought 100 least but this is a strong compay ..

No Pain No Gain

Leaira

The reason it went up so much is that it RIMM was doing a stock split.  Those usually move a lot faster to the upside than non-stock splits.  I wasn't watching RIMM, I should have, and I missed a great daytrade opportunity on Friday.  I could have spent $500 on 10 contracts of the Aug 210 call for 50 cents each, then sold them at 3:58 for over $10, making a $10,000 profit in a day!  $5000 would have made me $100,000!

Leaira

Garoh

Quote from: Leaira on August 21, 2007, 06:10:56 PM
The reason it went up so much is that it RIMM was doing a stock split.  Those usually move a lot faster to the upside than non-stock splits.  I wasn't watching RIMM, I should have, and I missed a great daytrade opportunity on Friday.  I could have spent $500 on 10 contracts of the Aug 210 call for 50 cents each, then sold them at 3:58 for over $10, making a $10,000 profit in a day!  $5000 would have made me $100,000!

Leaira

Yes this is the one I sold for 200% only and it went up to 6000%  :-\
No Pain No Gain

bjc

Garoh-

How did you get ok'ed to trade options?  I know there are several levels..I'm at level 1, which I believe means I can only write covered calls and a few other things.  How do I get bumped up to level 2, where I can buy and sell calls?

Thanks!

Garoh

Quote from: bjc on August 24, 2007, 03:06:40 PM
Garoh-

How did you get ok'ed to trade options?  I know there are several levels..I'm at level 1, which I believe means I can only write covered calls and a few other things.  How do I get bumped up to level 2, where I can buy and sell calls?

Thanks!

Yes Level 1 you can only make covered calls , but if you want to buy calls or puts you have to get level 2

ask you broker for option upgrade to level 2 ..

I have both E-trade and Ameritrade for trading options .. make sure you get options for long at ameritrade ..

good luck
No Pain No Gain

lucror

Hi Garoh, I've been enjoying your picks, I hope to get back into trading soon and take advantage of them. I was wondering about your technical trading system. Do you have a particular website for screening the criteria you select or is their a database you get data from and import into excel for example? I'm looking to setup and try different strategies based on TA and option greeks and volume do you have any suggests where or how all this data can be easily accessed and downloaded on a daily basis for analysis?

thanks,
Lucror

lucror

Anyone thinking about making an earnings play this week with Rim?

Garoh

Yes
I bought Jan Call Strike $150 today for $0.30  :)

Only $300 cost and will be waiting for an explosion up or down  ;D
No Pain No Gain

nutsterrt

I hold RIMM common and played the Q contracts for the earnings release, which are going to make a killing tomorrow.  Looks like you're going to make some green in that RIMM contract.  Congratulations!   *Applause*

gix330

got very nervous abt RIMM, closed Qs Dec 51 Call today. Currently I am still holding GS 09 Leap Call. Out of MA Dec 220 Call earlier time with good gains.
Good Luck on tomorrow's ER play

gix330

bought RIMM DEC 120Put this morning and sold it w/ fast gain