3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SKPI.OB

Started by David Randolph, June 27, 2005, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Market Cap: 28.34M

Medium term chart:



Motive to buy: «I have a special feeling to recognize and trade speculative bubbles. I've seen several of them and they always work the same way.

After a bull market we're entering a speculative bubble in oil and oil stocks. Usually the bubble accounts for 50% of the move of the entire bull market in 10% of the time. So I can historically and generally expect the oil index ($OIX in www.stockcharts.com) to rise some 50% in the next 4 months or so (100% for the people who bought at the beginning of the bull market in oil stocks), with the price of the barrel of oil itself to reach something north of $80.

Like I said, I've seen many speculative bubbles come and go ... and I can tell you, in the final months of the bull market, in the bubble territory, every stock that is in some way or another related to the sector will explode higher. It is a catching up phenomena, in the end investors look in the garbage and find many small and micro cap stocks forgotten, lying on the floor and they pick them in rage.»

I will buy SKPI.OB at tomorrow's open.

Everyday I will analyze SKPI.OB after the market close until I sell the stock. I always tell I'm going to sell before I actually take action. You just have to follow the answers to this post.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 127% since May 2005. We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks.

If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

rocket8

dave are you buying SKPI.OB as a 3.3% purchase or a 6.6% of the portfolio purchase?

thanx

rocket8

TRUNK

This is a very stable stock that will allow you to sleep well at night.. It has been discussed a little bit here http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=863.0

Supposedly there is only 26 million shares outstanding, but it has traded 3 million shares each of the last 2 trading days which doesen't really make sense since it is not a very volatile stock and shouldn't attract daytraders.

I'm already in AVLN and SKPI both, but I had to bail on AMEP earlier today, didn't act like I would expect after oil getting over $60.. I Share David's belief that we are about to enter into a great speculative bubble in oil and hopefully these stocks are the best places to profit from that

David Randolph

I'll buy just 3.33% of the portfolio, instead of the usual 6.66%.

David Randolph

You can see it on the homepage I bought SKPI.OB @$1.105

firestocker

update on skpi plz.        tks.

martens58

Actually, there will be 29.5 Million shares in SKPI after the most recent PP is done in the
next 3 to 7 days. Currently, there are 19.5 Million shares.

Just recently, the main director of the company donated 12 Milllion shares to the company,
which reduced the shares outstanding from 31.5 Million, to 19.5 Million. The latest PP
wil add 10 Million shares at $ .80, for a total now of 29.5 Million. Most of the restricted
stock in the company will become free-trading in December.

Two months ago, a 5 Million share PP was done at $ .50, raising $ 2.5 Million. There will
be at least 2 more PP's ( not including the current one being completed in the next 3 - 7
days ) done before year-end. They need to raise about another $ 15 - 20 Million to fulfill an
agreement they signed for drilling in the Middle East, which starts in December.

They seem to have no problem raising money, and the stock is very stable, considering
everything.

David Randolph

Thanks for your research martens58, great job  :)

This is an oil related stock and that's why I bought it, 3.33% of my equity. SKPI.OB behaved quite well in yesterday's session, considering the fall in oil price. It is near the recent highs ... I like that, shows growing demand.

Holding it for the medium term, expecting a big rise with oil above $80 a barrel.

David Randolph

Again, this stock was pretty stable, considering the fall in oil futures. A blip higher from the price of oil and SKPI.OB will probably make new highs.

Not much more to say about this stock that I haven't said in my other 3 micro cap oil picks.

pstark26

Do you have the daily analysis for SKPI

David Randolph

SKPI.OB had no open gaps in it's chart, it looks like the stock didn't want to start now. Probably  it came down just to fill that gap on oil price weakness.


David Randolph

Just filling the gap wasn't enough for SKPI.OB to advance, it needed a bullish reversal candlestick like the hammer we got on Friday. Now I think the stock is ready to climb, at last.

David Randolph

SKPI.OB did advance with volume above average. This stock is responding quite well to changes in the oil price. I have only 3.33% of the 3SF portfolio on each of these micro cap oil stocks, and even if not all of them rise, it is possible for just one to rise so much that the group will yield good gains as a whole.


David Randolph

I've made a general analysis on these micro cap oil stocks on the AVLN.OB thread, the analysis is the same for SKPI.OB

I'll just leave the chart ...

(note that SKPI.OB never left an open gap on the chart, perhaps yesterday's fall was just to close the cap that was open in the $1.01-$1.019 range.)

David Randolph

There's no new technical or fundamental information on SKPI.OB for today. Keeping the stock, 3.33% of the 3 SOF portfolio.