3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SILC

Started by thai626, September 04, 2007, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thai626

This is a screaming hot buy at this price.  Breakout confirmed with todays volume.  $28-$30 very soon in my opinion.  News out today also:

Silicom Expands Product Portfolio with New Line of Standalone BYPASS Solutions
Tuesday September 4, 11:10 am ET  
- Agreement With Giant Korean Manufacturer Already in Place -
- 1st Design Win Including a State of the Art 10Gbps Version Secured With US-Based Appliances Manufacturer -


KFAR SAVA, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Silicom Ltd. (NASDAQ & TASE: SILC) today announced its latest innovation for the Network Appliance market: a new line of Standalone BYPASS cards and modules. Different than Silicom's existing BYPASS adapters, the new products offer full BYPASS functionality (the ability to reroute traffic automatically around an appliance malfunction) in a ready-for-integration add-on card or module with no extra communication ports. As such, the Standalone new products can be easily integrated into Security or WAN Optimization appliances with sufficient pre-existing communication capabilities or designed into appliance motherboards.




I could not find the original SILC thread so I created a new one.

I leave you with the following chart:
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

bjc

I'll sell into this rally, been holding this bag so long. 

There is good value here, though. 

I just get very aggravated in the way the big boys jerk this around.  Its fallen to the upper teens when the fundamental situation is EXACTLY like it is now, other than I suppose a little news today.  It's not huge news, though is it?  It reminds me of short covering rallies its seen before. 

I'd like to fetch $30 for my shares.  Would get out much lower though.

bjc

SILC is actually very bullish.  Same type of business as BCSI.  Seems some BCSI money is moving into SILC.  SILC much better fundamentals as of now I  believe.

Currently   +0.89 at 25.39.     

bjc

#3
Another breakout in SILC.

SILC is + 2.25 to 27.24.  New 52 week high on the 3rd highest volume of the year. 

This is legit, I'm convinced.  Now I'm upset I sell half in the 20.xx range.  The way the chart looks, the 30s seems inevitable.  I'll cash out in the mid 30s.  The value is here in SILC.  You just have to get out before the market makers start messing with it again to get their cheap shares.

bjc

Ouch, this analyst really took the wind out of SILC's sails.  I believe he's incorrect, but I might have to unload today even though I blew 10% of my profit.  UGH.

labatts6254

I think SILC is ready to make another move towards its 52-week high.  Earnings should be released in late October as well giving it a nice boost.

Cheers,

labatts6254

Nice move up $1.00 (4.35%) today.  I'm glad I filled an order yesterday @ 23.05.  We'll see if this is the start of a new bullish trend.

Cheers,

BigSully1

Quote from: labatts6254 on October 02, 2007, 06:53:23 PM
Nice move up $1.00 (4.35%) today.  I'm glad I filled an order yesterday @ 23.05.  We'll see if this is the start of a new bullish trend.

Cheers,

Yes, it was highest close since the "downgrade", LOL. I guess the "downgraders" got their fill now too.

labatts6254

Moving right along now...

bjc

Weird day for SILC.  No bad news that I can find.  Like I said in an above post, the market makers can just YANK this around and do anything they want with this low float stock.  Robbing the small guy.  It's probably a good day to buy, but I'm not going to. 

Weird day for the markets in general.  I sold SILC the day of the downgrade, but my portfolio was down over 4% at one point this morning and now I'm up a very small portion. 

Weird times for the markets, I'm considering selling everything.


setravis

(SILC).......
ACHIEVES NEW DESIGN CONTRACT: Silicom Ltd. (SILC) has achieved a new design win for
its Bypass adapters from a company in the WAN optimization market, bringing the total number
of players in the WAN Optimization market which use Silicom cards to seven.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

bjc

SILC looks nice for entry. 

The chart looks terrible, but I think it was due to a short attack and should recover the drop fairly quickly.

I'm fully invested (I think we're ready for a rally RE: awesome awesome tech earnings with no response, I think market is ready for a run then maybe problems.  I'll likely sell into this rally.).

But if I weren't fully invested and didn't want to mess with trying to rearrange my portfolio, I'd be all over SILC right here.  mmmmmmmm it smells good.

bjc

Well, I was wrong again.  SILC has sucked.

It seems like it has to be getting too cheap soon.  David makes some good points about why it could be cheap though in the "David's Previous Picks" section.

Sully, did you try any of this out? 


BTW, our MTW looks fine to me.  We have basically the same buy price I think.  It'll settle for a while right around these prices, I think we'll be up a little, down a little, and then we should break out for a new run after a nice consolidation.  This is just the way I see the chart right now and how I see it playing out.  The fundamentals totally support a huge rally.

BigSully1

Yes, I still had 700 shares that I didn't sell all the way through the ups ands downs from $12, even though I traded most of what I had at the high end. Then I made the mistake of adding again just above $17 recently :(

Still holding MTW, only have 300 shares, might add at some point.

bjc

SILC seems really cheap to me. 

Think I may buy a little bit.