3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Members with more than 1 Username...JMHO,I think you're up to no good!!

Started by setravis, September 19, 2007, 09:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setravis

I have a new gripe this morning.......
Members that find it necessary to use more than one username to post under.
The gripe is you will post to a thread,and then go and answer yourself under the other username or in some cases "various usernames" In plain and simple form, you are talking to yourself ! I see this as a person trying to pump a stock.... >:D
In my opinion, this should not be taking place on this site.
I will investagate these type of maneuvers, If I find it so...using more than one username to make a stock look better than it actually is. I will ban your other username or names from this site.
If one continues to play this game, the next step, I will ban the username that we all know you best by. JMHO...It is a under handed deal to post in this manner.
This is a great site, I have been intrusted by 3SOF as a Moderator to keep it just that way.
I will do everything in my power to do just that ! Keep it clean...You are part of The Greatest Stock Site on the World Wide Web.
Thank you, good luck with all your trading ! "Make some $$$"! ;)

Regards,
Your fellow trader @ 3SOF
setravis
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

#1
I gave this more thought, and decided to unlock this topic.
For the reason, I thought the members here just may want to contribute their thoughts on this subject.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Trumpitall

Easy decision ...... get rid of them. 

We don't want this to turn into a yahoo message board. 


picknponies

imo it does not matter how many names one will post with, but what kind of information they are portraying to the board members....as long as there is no abuse i feel it is ok...

setravis

Quote from: picknponies on September 19, 2007, 10:15:37 PM
imo it does not matter how many names one will post with, but what kind of information they are portraying to the board members....as long as there is no abuse i feel it is ok...

Wrong...it is being abused...I know, I track it !
No one here needs to post under another username.
By the way, I have 4 other member usernames that could possibly be you.
AKA's are usually up to no good. >:D Your local police files can testify to that.
Portray this information under the member username you first registered on 3SOF with.
That is how one becomes a trusted poster, and other members respect the info he or she puts out.
I have been playing the markets to long for a scam to be run on me.
I will do all that is in my power not let that happen to my fellow 3SOF members here.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

JKN

Nice detective work SE.

I know we went through this with wiseman213, followed by a stream of new IDs.  It was apparent that it was a single poster playing with himself (yes, I intended the implication).  Apparently, he was booted but continued to come back and do the same thing.  His MO was pretty obvious, he didn't seem real interested in disguising his activity.  I've spotted this pattern recently and I just ignored the thread.  It appears it was a good call as well but I paid no attention because it appeared to me the poster was responding to himself under an alias. The pattern also reminded me of wiseman...

So, a lack of credibility, nobody pays attention, we (perhaps) miss out on a decent call.  Handled honestly, perhaps the move in the stock would have been even bigger as 3SOF might have haad a few more buyers move in.  Tragic...no need for these games.

Kent

picknponies

agree to disagree.....just dont abuse it!   

Ramsburg

Good initiative Setravis !

You have my total support
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

boatguy

I agree setravis we have all worked hard to make this site a decent place, you especially, keep up the good work! ;)

bjc

Yes, I believe alex extreme is wiseman.  I'm convinced the posts are so similar that there isn't any way they are not the same person.

I don't see any reason to let them keep posting on the board, personally.  Especially if you know for a fact he is posting under numerous aliases.