3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

NG

Started by calven, October 09, 2007, 01:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calven

NG
Testing breakout levels on the short and long term charts. Took a position today at $17.46 :)

The stock needs to break 17.65 and we get a blue skies breakout!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Mylo

Is it still a good buy or should I wait for a dip?

calven

#2
There really isnt too much downside risk. ABX tried to takeover NG a while back.... meanwhile MNG was just bought out by Newmount (NEM) - LMC and NG are again on the chopping block with big assets in gold and other precious metals. This company is worth $21.00 per share right now and $23-25 on a buyout - thats why I bought it. Not to mention the year and a half consolidation channel breakout.

We may get another small correction before another move higher. I may add more between 17.50-18.00 Hope that helps... :P
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Mylo

Thanks, I've just started to get back into trading. I've forgotten a lot.

calven

NG is a great company with real potential. Two of the best gold plays are ABX and NG. With ABX being serverly over extended I believe NG is the next best play. Coincidentally I discovered that ABX actually made a bid for NG about a year ago - "low balling" with a bid of $16.00 per share they were unable to purchases the company.

When management doesn't take a buyout offer 33% higher than current price per share ($12.00 July 06 offered $16) YOU KNOW that they have HUGE confidence in the company. Furthermore, that they think $16.00 WASNT high enough. Therefore NG seems to have a safety net at $16.00, since the company has much improved since the bid a year ago. That means you have a VERY special situation in that the upside is very high will downside risk is like $16.00 (Id like to think ABX or some other mining company would scoop up NG if it for some reason got below $16.00)

Yet another positive event just occured - Newmount Mining just bought MNG for a 25% premium. They could even take a stab at NG. I'll be doing an in depth report on NG in coming days but based on my initial analysis I see upside of $6-8 per share ($26-27) target from here! Downside of course is $16.00 (where ABX offered a buyout at $16.00)

So From the current price 18 and change:  $2.00 Downside Risk    vs   $7-10 upside risk!

I like that setup! Lastly, keep an eye on the underlying commodity. If gold prices slide  this changes everything I said. Watch http://www.kitco.com for these prices... As NG shareholders we want gold above 700 ounce.

Hope this helps! If you want to check my website out http://www.chartsetups.com - Ill be doing a report on NG by the end of the week.  Otherwise I was able to find this somewhat outdated report on the company: http://mofmagicalthinking.com/files/NG.Note.06.10.25.pdf

I plan on doubling my position in NG betwen 17.50 and 18.00

GL Happy Trading!
Calven
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

setravis

updated chart look.......
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis