3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

RIGL

Started by kslifka, December 13, 2007, 04:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kslifka

Anyone go to this party.  :o

Rigel reports positive results in arthritis trial
Thursday December 13, 2:40 pm ET

Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Thursday that a drug it is testing as a rheumatoid arthritis treatment did well in a Phase II clinical trial.

The South San Francisco company (NASDAQ: RIGL - News) said the drug, R788, performed better than a placebo in the test.

A new clinical trial of the drug will start next year.

James Gower is chairman and CEO of Rigel.

ravenquork

Quote from: kslifka on December 13, 2007, 04:09:19 PM
Anyone go to this party.  :o

Rigel reports positive results in arthritis trial
Thursday December 13, 2:40 pm ET

Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Thursday that a drug it is testing as a rheumatoid arthritis treatment did well in a Phase II clinical trial.

The South San Francisco company (NASDAQ: RIGL - News) said the drug, R788, performed better than a placebo in the test.

A new clinical trial of the drug will start next year.

James Gower is chairman and CEO of Rigel.

I traded RIGL and BMRN today. I don't usally fool with biotech, but the news was good and traders were looking for a good story. I played it very very coservatively , since I only know a very small amount about the company or products. I mostly gave up this kind of trading,  but today was to good. I managed about 35% (in the afternoon only) gain using very tight stops. Cashed out before the close. Could have made more, but could have lost very big, so I am happy.

I bought ESLR in the after market on news. up 12%

kslifka

Quote from: ravenquork on December 13, 2007, 04:57:21 PM
Quote from: kslifka on December 13, 2007, 04:09:19 PM
Anyone go to this party.  :o

Rigel reports positive results in arthritis trial
Thursday December 13, 2:40 pm ET

Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Thursday that a drug it is testing as a rheumatoid arthritis treatment did well in a Phase II clinical trial.

The South San Francisco company (NASDAQ: RIGL - News) said the drug, R788, performed better than a placebo in the test.

A new clinical trial of the drug will start next year.

James Gower is chairman and CEO of Rigel.

I traded RIGL and BMRN today. I don't usally fool with biotech, but the news was good and traders were looking for a good story. I played it very very coservatively , since I only know a very small amount about the company or products. I mostly gave up this kind of trading,  but today was to good. I managed about 35% (in the afternoon only) gain using very tight stops. Cashed out before the close. Could have made more, but could have lost very big, so I am happy.

I bought ESLR in the after market on news. up 12%

Congrats...with RIGL and ESLR.

I didn't notice RIGL until later in the day( was busy).

Yeah biotechs are hard to figure...on how the day will unfold. 
I notice...if level 2 is going crazy...it's time to jump in and sell either at the close or after market.
I didn't touch RIGL cause it was already up 190% when I saw it...but level 2 was going crazy and it finished just shy of the High of the day.

ESLR contract should help some of my solar stocks tomorrow. :)

ravenquork

ESLR contract should help some of my solar stocks tomorrow. :)
[/quote]

That would be very nice :)

WallStreetnBio

"no substantial reason for [Rigel] to sustain a $25.95 stock value when they are bleeding money at a rate heavier than expectations. With no products to bring in cash flow, they needed a run up like this to bring in more money to burn."

"NeroSagetrade explains, "RIGL is ... now trading at 32 times sales and is going to burn through their remaining cash over the next 29 months based on what amount they have left."

The only way Rigel avoids bankruptcy and survives is share holder dilution to raise money.
#1  CDS
#2  XING