3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

TKC Apr 08 $30 Strike Call

Started by bjc, December 19, 2007, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjc

I believe TKC will be trading around $40 by April 08, so I bought some $30 strike April 08 calls for $2.70 each.

TKC is my favorite stock and I am probably way too overweight in it.  But I've got some nice profits from solars recently to play around with though so i am going to try to parlay some of those profits. 

bjc

This puppy(this particular option) got absolutely murdered today.  It seems some investors are giving hope on the 30s for TKC by the 3rd week of april?  I disagree.

I think TKCs technical formation is spectacular, with a ridiculous amount of support at 26.  And I think this chart looks just like VIPs did before it broke out in November.  \\

And based on fundamentals it doesn't get any sweeter than this.  The valuation just can't keep up with the growth imo.  If we get some major market weakness and TKC gets anywhere near my 2nd support line, I get way long TKC.  I'm already way long TKC but then I'd get extra stupid long.

Garoh

Quote from: bjc on December 28, 2007, 04:15:56 AM
This puppy(this particular option) got absolutely murdered today.  It seems some investors are giving hope on the 30s for TKC by the 3rd week of april?  I disagree.

I think TKCs technical formation is spectacular, with a ridiculous amount of support at 26.  And I think this chart looks just like VIPs did before it broke out in November.  \\

And based on fundamentals it doesn't get any sweeter than this.  The valuation just can't keep up with the growth imo.  If we get some major market weakness and TKC gets anywhere near my 2nd support line, I get way long TKC.  I'm already way long TKC but then I'd get extra stupid long.

Watch out for the 26 support . I sold it on wensdays and now it broke an up trend line was at 27.50 .
good luck bjc
No Pain No Gain

bjc

Thanks for the heads up.  When I agree with the fundamentals I tend to ignore technicals.  I'll just hold on and take it in the chin if I'm wrong. 

bjc

Added to this options position at 1.15 today.  I still believe the fundamentals of this stock are terrific and we've had a nice correction.

My timing on initial buy of stock and options was admittedly very poor, but I think it is only a matter of time for this stock.  I think we see new highs by the end of February.  Also earnings in feb...should be solid!

Garoh

Quote from: Garoh on December 28, 2007, 05:23:36 AM
Quote from: bjc on December 28, 2007, 04:15:56 AM
This puppy(this particular option) got absolutely murdered today.  It seems some investors are giving hope on the 30s for TKC by the 3rd week of april?  I disagree.

I think TKCs technical formation is spectacular, with a ridiculous amount of support at 26.  And I think this chart looks just like VIPs did before it broke out in November.  \\

And based on fundamentals it doesn't get any sweeter than this.  The valuation just can't keep up with the growth imo.  If we get some major market weakness and TKC gets anywhere near my 2nd support line, I get way long TKC.  I'm already way long TKC but then I'd get extra stupid long.

Watch out for the 26 support . I sold it on wensdays and now it broke an up trend line was at 27.50 .
good luck bjc

Hi bjc

I hope you'er doing good .
It wasn't a good thing to hold this stock when it broke a major support at 27.50 and then broke another one at 26 ..

But now I see it interesting , I'll be waiting for it at 21.90 for another ride  :)

No Pain No Gain