3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

HUM

Started by la-onda, January 05, 2008, 10:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la-onda

a more conservative play imho!
David, whats your opinion?

Profile:
Humana offers a range of products and services in addition to group health insurance. Our business units serve the military, individuals, seniors, and many others. We also offer specialty products, including dental coverage.

Analysts:
1)
HUM: CIBC Ups to Sector Outperform from Sector Perform; Analyst Notes
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 08:08ET
Issuer: Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM)
Analyst Firm:  CIBC World Markets
Ratings Action: UPGRADE
Current Rating: Sector Outperform (from Sector Perform)
Analyst Comments: The firm upgraded HUM believing the market has underestimated the positive impact of the delay in Congressional Medicare cuts.

2)
HUM: ThinkEquity Ups to Buy from Accumulate; Analyst Notes
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 08:10ET
Issuer: Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM)
Analyst Firm:  ThinkEquity Partners
Ratings Action: UPGRADE
Current Rating: Buy (from Accumulate)
Analyst Comments: The firm upgraded YHOO citing valuation and improving near-term fundamentals.

Presentation:
http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/92/929/92913/items/273311/JP%20Morgan%2012-17-07.pdf

Chart:

David Randolph

Quotea more conservative play imho!
David, whats your opinion?

Well, this opinion is coming four months later la-onda, I'm sorry. I'll try to keep up with the Watch List from now on.

It looks like HUM wasn't conservative at all my friend, look at that plunge:



I'm not going to make a full analysis for now, I just want to know what happened in gaps 1 and 2:

1 - Hmm, I can't find anything on the news ... maybe an analyst downgraded the stock? Let me see ... no, quite the contrary >:D



2 -  •   Humana shares plunge after WellPoint profit warning
at bizjournals.com (Tue, Mar 11)

Jesus, the health insurance industry was really sensitive to any negative surprise.

I'll keep studying HUM.