3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

DNDN - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by saffeysite1, May 14, 2005, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Thanks Big dog and la-onda,

This is yet another step up the FDA approval ladder. For each step you will see a nice increase in the PPS but you will also see shorts making all kind of tricks to limit the damage.

Be prepared for unfunded rumours, pseudo scintific interpretation of phase III results etc. etc.

The truth of the matter is that Provenge significantly extend the life for men with prostrate cancer and that it has very few sideeffects (a couple of days fever and chills)


  • I have still not seen any rational reason why Provenge would not receive FDA approval
  • I have still not seen any rational reason why the PPS shouldn't be between 500% to 1000% higher than today after approval.

I know that when you put figures as high as this, people tend not to take them serious but try to read this thread from the start and also stockpickers thread on the same issue and you might reach the same conclusion.

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

stocky

Once 7$ is breached, there is NO RESISTANCE till 10.25$. What else one can want from a fundamental and technical setup like this :)

AussieTrader

Well Stocky, I bought it right back on the break of $7 again. Gonna let it run now it is attacking resistance.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

David Randolph

Thanks for your posts  :D

What a beautiful white candle we got on DNDN didn't we?

Volume was above average too. The move was linked to these news: Dendreon's Second Randomized Phase 3 D9902A Trial Shows Provenge Extends Survival in Patients With Advanced Prostate Cancer

I guess Michael is right, speculation will be that Provenge will receive FDA approval in the future, and it probably will. As said in the title of this post, DNDN has the right chart and the right fundamentals.

I will look to take profits at the technical target of the breakout at $8.10 (a potential 44% profit from my buying price - and I was in the red for some days before the advance phase took off), but I'll keep the stock under surveillance, because I will probably buy it back with a new technical setup and trading plan.


Michael

QuoteUBS cut biotech company Dendreon Corp. to reduce from buy, saying it is likely that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will require a confirmatory trial for Provenge and thus delay the product launch to the first quarter of 2008 from the first quarter of 2007.

Hmmmm..... I think they are dead wrong and am wondering what is behind the downgrad. I do unfortunately not have the same cloud as UBS (would be nice!) so I expect DNDN to give back some of yesterday's gain.  :'(
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

David Randolph

It looks like some guys missed yesterday's run up and need a chance to get in ... nothing to be worried about, I think this research is nonsense.

The market will tell, if the stock closes above the midpoint of yesterday's body ($6.62) you can be sure that someone is accumulating DNDN and the stock will shot up higher again in the short term.

What these guys at UBS are saying is that the market is wrong. But the market is never wrong and always knows better.


AussieTrader

LOL the release should read:
UBS pissed off that they hadn't accumulated enough stock below $7 as they 'know' the real value is around $10.
You have to laugh at this stock game when BS downgrades like this actually impact the price, personally I think this makes it more of a buy as UBS want retail customers to sell their shares to them ;D
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

fill_the_gap

Just bought Pre-Market $ 6.18 and 6.20 on the over reaction.
:o

-Jeff-
Just one opinion, do the research

AussieTrader

AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

freimuch

hopefully who ever wanted to reduce reduced already pre market .always a bug around to ruin the party

eliteG

Quote from: AussieTrader on July 22, 2005, 07:56:20 AM
LOL the release should read:
UBS pissed off that they hadn't accumulated enough stock below $7 as they 'know' the real value is around $10.
You have to laugh at this stock game when BS downgrades like this actually impact the price, personally I think this makes it more of a buy as UBS want retail customers to sell their shares to them ;D

absolutely agreed!  I mean man... they are stretching on this one.

Quote"UBS cut biotech company Dendreon Corp. to reduce from buy, saying it is likely that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will require a confirmatory trial for Provenge and thus delay the product launch to the first quarter of 2008 from the first quarter of 2007."
?

So when this doesn't happen they are just gonna say, "Oh woops, I guess we were wrong." .. no accountability.  Someone needs to take statistics on this sort of thing.

>:(  I better not meet someone from UBS today.

hmm...noticed that the volume is light...

rjp

Hi all, I decided to jump in at 6.10.  Does the sharp drop scare anyone here? Are the expectations still $8 or so?  Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom. -RJ

eliteG

ok trying to read the tape (like Livermore ;))...someone is buying up DNDN like mad...nice supply @ 6.20  I say we move on up from here  >:D

AussieTrader

AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

stockpicker

I bought more at 6.22 and trying to get some Jan '07 LEAPS.

This is a gift given to us by the kind UBS ANALyst who has been against DNDN for a long long time. I listened to yesterday's conference call and this jerk, Maged "something", was the only analyst who didn't congratulate DNDN for the nice results

Read my first report about DNDN (as well as Michael's analysis) and realize why $6-and-change is a steal. Once approved, this is a $30-50 stock, and yesterday's results increase the likelihood of approval furthermore. This is not a sure bet, but the chances are MUCH higher than 50%. However, any prudent investor will not hold more than 5% of his portfolio in this little company (though with some LEAPS I do hold more...)