3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

MF

Started by BigSully1, February 29, 2008, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSully1

MF
Insiders just announced they bought $3M worth of this dog, trying to staunch the free fall. What is that about 1% or so of the shares traded today?I hope they don't screw up my short, but I doubt it. RHD better do something also, I couldn't get shares of it to short so don't really care.

BigSully1

update


kslifka

applaud. 

These damn banks and investment firms are really screwing over the U.S. economy.  Let's find some more of these to short. >:D

kslifka

Quote from: kslifka on March 17, 2008, 04:16:03 PM
applaud. 

These damn banks and investment firms are really screwing over the U.S. economy.  Let's find some more of these to short. >:D

MF is an offshore investment brokerage....I assume they don't  have access to the U.S. FED.  So I guess offshore banks would be the ones to go after. >:D

bjc

Has anyone found any others?

kslifka

I did a little search and here are a few that are bearish, looking ready to break down and loaded with debt.

I'm going to wait to do anything.  I want to see how the market reacts to the fed cut tomorrow.

MXB
CMO
HBAN
EOD
FRM
ETW
ASFI

BigSully1

Here's a few more off the top of my head. CME GROW ICE CORS (finances condo developments, I think mostly in Florida and I think already on reg sho for long time.) ASFI is a debt collector with deteriorating collections, but I think it is already reg sho also. Be careful.

BigSully1

There's GFIG, it broke down today on heavy volume but came back a long way and to the naked eye, appears sound thus far, in fact appears to be financially healthy. But who really knows?

kslifka

Quote from: BigSully1 on March 17, 2008, 10:24:07 PM
There's GFIG, it broke down today on heavy volume but came back a long way and to the naked eye, appears sound thus far, in fact appears to be financially healthy. But who really knows?

Yea, BigSully I saw GSIG but it seems to have dropped so much.  I'm trying to stocks that haven't completely fallen off the clif yet.  I'm still kicking myself for not shorting CIT when I saw the perfect set-up last week. :-\

Hey another area I want to short is the commercial real-estate area.  Their are just way too many retail strip malls and properties in the U.S to support the consumer.  This has been my conviction for several years.  I think their time to implode has finally come. 

SLG looks ready to implode even though it has already come down a lot from it's highs last year.  SLG has a debt of 5.7 billion and only 45 million cash. >:D

There are more out there...we need to find these.  I rarely short because I respect most American business...but the banks and real estate firms...have screwed Americans for the past 8 years.

Maybe we should start a shorting thread somewhere else. ;)

BigSully1

Here's PNSN but has already been in a one year downtrend.




kslifka

Nice BigSully...look at that volume. :o ....man...I see so many problems ahead.  Well maybe we're already there. :-\

These damn financials.... >:(
Have you ever noticed that banks always are the ones to take down the market.  >:(

It's really too bad...because these guys and the lack of government oversight are driving the U.S. down the drain.    >:(

They unfortunately are taking the tech sector down with them.  Even though earning have been good and many of the companies have low or no debt and lots of cash.

But I got to say the market signs were all there over the past 6 to 8 months.   :-\



BigSully1

Quote from: kslifka on March 17, 2008, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: BigSully1 on March 17, 2008, 10:24:07 PM
There's GFIG, it broke down today on heavy volume but came back a long way and to the naked eye, appears sound thus far, in fact appears to be financially healthy. But who really knows?

Yea, BigSully I saw GSIG but it seems to have dropped so much.  I'm trying to stocks that haven't completely fallen off the clif yet.  I'm still kicking myself for not shorting CIT when I saw the perfect set-up last week. :-\

Hey another area I want to short is the commercial real-estate area.  Their are just way too many retail strip malls and properties in the U.S to support the consumer.  This has been my conviction for several years.  I think their time to implode has finally come. 

SLG looks ready to implode even though it has already come down a lot from it's highs last year.  SLG has a debt of 5.7 billion and only 45 million cash. >:D

There are more out there...we need to find these.  I rarely short because I respect most American business...but the banks and real estate firms...have screwed Americans for the past 8 years.

Maybe we should start a shorting thread somewhere else. ;)

Kslifka, normally I'm always actively looking for shorts and I am still holding quite a few. I didn't even know that very many people here were interested in shorting, especially on the member boards. But most recently now I have given my attention back to hunting bargains. I sold the last of my ultrashorts today. Start a short board and I'll try to contribute when I can.

If you're really bearish on commercial realty, you could take the easy way and buy SRS (ultrashort). It's been in a 1 year uptrend. Never had any and I don't intend to buy any myself. I'm just kind of adverse to shorting commercial real estate and just not really that bearish on it, at least not yet. I even almost bought DRE (again) a few weeks ago. With so many people losing their jobs over the last decade, many we're forced to become entrepreneurs and small business owners filling those strip malls. Without the service industry, what  does America really have left?

bjc

Very nice discussion.

BigSully1

Kslifka, another word of caution on real estate.

IBD's Building-Residential/Commercial group now ranks No. 21, up from No. 185 three months ago. But most of its stocks remain in deep corrections.

kslifka

Quote from: BigSully1 on March 18, 2008, 02:10:50 PM
Kslifka, another word of caution on real estate.

IBD's Building-Residential/Commercial group now ranks No. 21, up from No. 185 three months ago. But most of its stocks remain in deep corrections.

Thanks for the head's up.  ;)

The Market is rallying hard today.  Which should set us up for a bull run for a few days.  I still think the commercial real estate will have some problems but I will monitor it in the coming days.