3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GLNG

Started by pinoleropuro, April 01, 2008, 08:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinoleropuro

no news nor fundamentals just strickly technicals.
I got this from another service I have what do you guys think?
short interest is pretty high and MACD is showing strength.
take a look at the chart.

David Randolph

#1
QuoteI got this from another service I have what do you guys think?

First of all don't forget the #1 rule of this board which says the title has to be just the ticker symbol.

Or else, to get attention, people will put ever growing titles, for example "Outstanding Pick: XYZ", or "XYZ to the moon" and stuff like that. Just the symbol, we need to give all stocks an equal opportunity.

(Accordingly, I changed the title from "GLNG target $32" to "GLNG")

Quoteno news nor fundamentals just strickly technicals.
I got this from another service I have what do you guys think?
short interest is pretty high and MACD is showing strength.
take a look at the chart.

This is the first time I look at GLNG so I know nothing about the stock. Your reasoning for buying is:

1 - Short interest is high

On my service I have 6.3% of shares issued and outstanding sold short, which doesn't look high. But it's 17% of the free float, which is more relevant. However, this could only be used for short term purposes. I wouldn't dare to say a $1.1 B market cap stock would move 80% to the upside just because of this. Is it possible that the bears have good reasons behind their actions? Most stocks that go down a lot are heavily shorted.

2 - MACD is showing strength

The MACD you're using is a 24 period one, which is a short term technical indicator. Let's see the results the last couple of times this particular MACD "showed strength":

A - The MACD said buy in December 21, 2007, when the stock closed at $21.52. Then it said sell
in January 11, 2008, when the stock closed at $19.69. -8.5% return.

B - Buy again in January 31st, 2008, at $20.65. Sell in March 3, 2008, price was $18.46. Return was -10.6%.

Now, I'm not saying GLNG won't go to $32, I don't have a clue, I'm just saying that your reasoning for believing this will happen is flawed.

Anyway, good luck if you decide to follow this pick :)

(my methods aren't any better, I'm also learning).

Houlahan

Interesting Finerman "valuation girl" recommended this last night.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23882867
"If a woman does her best, what else is there?"

pinoleropuro

just leaving updated chart.
it crossed the 50SMA
weekly stochastic still pointing up.