3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

AOB

Started by David Randolph, June 30, 2005, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AussieTrader

Hey Guys,

Yep I am liking the way AOB is acting right now. Tuesdays close was above the 200ema on my weekly chart $5.32 and at $5.64 the highest close for AOB since this major run started back in May (in fcat it is a 52 week high close price). I am expecting new 52 week high spike tests and closes this week or even as early as today.
Good Luck all
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

ScottishTrader

Right, decided to get in on this one with you guys, I really like the ascending triangle formation, and think we should blow through 6.00 in no time.  Today was a close pullback towards support, and I filled my position at 5.36, which made me happy - pretty low downside risk, as I see the trendline coming in at about 5.30 tomorrow.

Andy we got pretty nice upside movement from the lows of the day at the end too  :)

Here's a chart from about 3pm - stockcharts is down so can't get one for EOD.

Lock n load, lets rock n roll >:D >:D

ScottishTrader

AOB is pushing breakout levels as I write - we got a couple touches at 6.00, and it really wants to get up there

Go on AOB  ;D ;D

calven

#198
Stock looks outstanding. Looks like it may be going parabolic... that volume is awesome, 5x average daily volume!

Applauding...
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

jorgegr

Own AOB for some time, and been  waiting for a  breakout of that resistance at  6, which has been tested three times since September. Think we will draw a TL3 ascending line from the last time it touched 5 (should go up much fasternow). Although also have to keep an eye on news.

jorge gr

ScottishTrader

Excellent day for AOB, man am I glad I bought at the low yesterday.  Volume was huge ::)

Just a shame it didn't hold 6.00 at the close, but it was playing with it something crazy.  I expect we should shoot up monday, already sitting at 6.10 AH.

Already looking forward to Monday's action....  ;D

David Randolph

I really don't know why, but often the «whys» come later, after the stock made a great advance, but AOB is breaking out of an ascending triangle. There's an excerpt of Reminiscences of a Stock Operator that fully explains why the explanation for a stock to move isn't all that much important for a trader. The more important and objective thing is that it is moving !

Volume on Friday was the highest on record for AOB, 5.2 million shares traded.

Since this trade will be based on the expectation of a bullish breakout, if that bullish breakout doesn't occur it would not be reasonable to continue holding the stock. I believe AOB will breakout tomorrow and make a beautiful white marubozu to new closing highs above $6.

If it doesn't, I don't want the stock anymore, I will release capital for others moving fast. So my trading plan is:

1) Buy AOB at or near the open, 33.33% of the Fast Portfolio, or $5,000;
2) HOLD if it is set to close above $6;
3) SELL if it is set to close below $6.

valueseeker

AOB is my long term hold. I know why the break-out last week: earning report is 11/15, and we all know what happend after 8/15 - stock went from $2.28 to $6 on Friday.

rickjust

hi,
this is one i thought about entering since thursday with my swing trading set up but held off.
i need to trust in my own research more , i think that comes with expeirence  but aob looks to be going ahead at least in the short term. think i will jump in monday
thanks
maxi

stocky

Applaud david and ramsburg for yet another great way to maximize the utility of 3SF.

Glad to be in the fast lane.

Terliso

Anybody know when AOB report their 3Q earnings?

valueseeker

Supposed to be on or before 11/15

Se7en

Why can we assume that AOB's earnings will be good, were there some important announcements or interesting developments last quarte/CC?!
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

valueseeker

Top spot (HOM is #2) on IBD list (<$10) 3rd time in a row, the #3-10 have changed a lot but #1 & #2 are always AOB and HOM:

http://biz.yahoo.com/special/low1107_05.html

DannyOhad

I missed the train... up by 7.5% already.
I will wait abit before buying. :-\

Ohad