3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

AOB

Started by David Randolph, June 30, 2005, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokyopua

I am new here and do not know if this has been noted on other AOB boards, but I view AOB as a potential sleep bird flu play.  I lived in Asia during the SARS scare, and the sales of Korean pickled cabbage (kimchee) went up because people thought that it protected against SARS. 
In general, when there is no real medical cure to a malady, Asian people look to improve their health through what they eat and drink.  Since AOB is a neutraceutical and pharmaceutical company, I believe their products will be in even greater demand as bird flu is in the news.

I have 5500 shares at 5.26 and given the above I intend to hold through at least earnings.  However, I will also follow the charts and analysis and sell if it seems that my hypothesis is wrong.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Terliso

#226
Beautiful chart on AOB ...The more contacts between prices & trendline the more valid the line....Right on AOB!! ;)

David Randolph

Thanks for your comments and analysis on AOB  :)

I just have to make a slight change to my trading plan for AOB, rising the trailing stop level:

1) Take profits around $8.38
2) Sell if the stock is set to close below $6.80.

$6.79/$6.80 was the last short term high for AOB that made the stock go down one day. I see this level now as short term support and if the stock were to be closing below this I would take profits.

But buy the rumor seems to be continuing to fuel AOB until Monday's earnings report, so probably the stock will continue to advance to my selling target.


rickjust

hi,
when are the earnings out for aob , ? before or after the bell on monday?
anyone know?
thanks,
maxi

tokyopua

Hi all,

Some fool just called Cramer on his TV show and asked him about AOB, and of course he gave the usual rant about "fine US biotech companies vs. Chinese companies", etc.  and issued a personal foul, basically bashing the stock.

So, what do you think, I am inclined to take profits in the AM if the stock starts to go down.  And then, I might consider getting right back in just before earnings.

Thoughts?
Chance favors the prepared mind

valueseeker

I sold in today's pre-market run-up.

I was following the target from an analyst report: $0.35EPS this year and $0.49 EPS by mid-2006. He was using a conservative PE=16, which arrives $5.6 this year and $7.84 mid next year. The 16 PE is probably too conservative for AOB.

Since it was already close to $7.84 in the pre-market, I took the oppurnity and sold the shares.

Terliso

I also sold in @ 7.00 today...not so big gain but better than nothing ;)

David Randolph

Good morning, thanks for your posts on AOB  :)

Since this is a Fast Portfolio, I don't want to hold anything that has such a bear candlestick as AOB does. It is a Dark Cloud Cover. Now, possibly earnings are going to be better than expected (probably) and the trend is still bullish, but that's not the scope of the 3 SOF Fast Portfolio.

I trade for 1 to 3 days profits and don't like red candles. I see that some of you got out better than I will (specially valueseeker, congrats), and that's great  :)

I'll sell AOB at or around today's open.

(I think earnings will be released after the close on Monday, the conference call is due at 4:30 pm, EST)

rickjust

hi,
i also sold late in the day at 6.90 the intra day chart looked like it was breaking to the downside at the end so it may drop this morning with the "cramer affect".
thanks
maxi :D

Se7en

#234
AOB up 3,65% > 7.10$ pre-market!


http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051111/20051111005139.html?.v=1

American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc. Common Stock Approved for Listing on the Archipelago Exchange
Friday November 11, 8:00 am ET


HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 11, 2005--American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc. (AMEX:AOB - News), an emerging Chinese company that produces and distributes a broad range of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products, announced today that its common stock has been approved for listing on the Archipelago Exchange (ArcaEx), a facility of the Pacific Exchange, under the symbol AOB. The Company anticipates that its common stock will commence trading on ArcaEx on November 11, 2005.
ADVERTISEMENT


"We are pleased to bring this extra level of liquidity to our shareholders, and additional exposure to potential investors," said Tony (Shujun) Liu, the Company's Chief Executive Officer.

In addition to being listed on ArcaEx, the Company's common stock will continue to be listed on the American Stock Exchange under the symbol AOB.

About American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc.

American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc. (AOBO) is a leading Chinese biotechnology company that uses proprietary processes for producing soybean protein peptide more efficiently than traditional extracting techniques. These techniques are used to manufacture and formulate supplemental and medicinal products. Soybean peptides are used widely in general food, health food products and medicines, among other applications. The Company also produces Cease-Enuresis Soft Gel, the only Chinese FDA-approved first grade, prescription medicine that is specially formulated to help alleviate bed-wetting and incontinence. The Company is a leading producer of products in both the nutriceuticals and pharmaceuticals areas in China. For more information, visit http://www.bioaobo.com.

This news release contains forward-looking statements as defined by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements that are other than statements of historical facts. These statements are subject to uncertainties and risks including, but not limited to, product and service demand and acceptance, changes in technology, economic conditions, the impact of competition and pricing, government regulation, and other risks contained in statements filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All such forward-looking statements, whether written or oral, and whether made by or on behalf of the company, are expressly qualified by the cautionary statements and any other cautionary statements which may accompany the forward-looking statements. In addition, the company disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.


Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

Michael

Hmmmm so 3SOF is out of AOB again. What a shame  ???

David was the first who draw my attention to the outstanding fundamentals of this stock. Since then his has been in and out with relative small profits.

I bought the first time at 1.85 and are still holding these shares at a 289% profit. I am not saying this to brag but simply to point out that a buy and hold strategy seems to work with shares that are so fundamentally strong as AOB.

AOB is up with 5.11% today but calculate from my purchase price I have gained 19% just today.

I am however not going to sell. AOB has a long way to go before it is reach fair value.

Mike

Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

eagerlearner

Hi, Michael  :)
I am another one that held all my AOB since $2, thanks to u and all those great info on the boards.  ;D
while i never imagined it could rise this high so soon, i was wondering what u think is 'fair value' and based on what calculation?

Thanks Michael , have a good day !

Se7en

Michael, i'm still holding too, what do you expect from earnings next monday?
Year over year, it should be no problem, but quarter over quarter...?
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

stopthemadness

still holding too, only i got in the other day... at + 15%.

i really don't know much about this company (just got in with David's 3sof fast pick).

I think i'll opt to take profits later today... incase there's too many sell on news investors Monday.

Se7en

What a close, from 7.15 to 7.34 in a few seconds!!!  :o  :)
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!