3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IBAS - Sector: Technology --- Industry: Internet Software & Services

Started by setravis, June 30, 2005, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

I thought this might help ket1390  ;)

Basically if you have a chart up on the screen that you like, you can get it in here.  By:

1. capturing it(pressing <Print Screen>)
2. Pasting into an image editor like Paint
3. Saving it (as .jpg  .gif  or the other acceptable files)
4. attaching it to a post

Here are more details:

**saving an image** - if you have a chartup on the screen that you want(or any image) you can capture it with 1) a capture utility or 2) by pressing the printscreen key on your keyoard.  When you press the printscreen key on your keyboard it saves the image to the clipboard.  You then open up paint or some other image editing program and paste it in there.  You can paste by holding the ctrl key down and pressing V at the same time...or look in the Edit tab.  Save the image and remember where this is!  Oh save as a.jpg or .gif  You cannot post an image that is bigger than 150 kb i believe.

**to post image** - When you are writing a post in 3stocks there is a button underneath the text editor called Additional Options...you hit that and then hit browse to locate the chart saved on your computer.  If you want to attach more, hit the more attachments button.

Thats what I do.   8)

Stocky2000


Melf Elf

Quote**saving an image** - if you have a chartup on the screen that you want(or any image) you can capture it with 1) a capture utility or 2) by pressing the printscreen key on your keyoard.  When you press the printscreen key on your keyboard it saves the image to the clipboard.

I found "Print Screen" on my keyboard (top right, to the right), so that's a start  :)

I pressed it, with HGSI on my screen:

1. I pressed Start Button
2. I pressed My Computer
3. I pressed Hard Drive...Local Disk (C)
4. I pressed Program Files
5. I pressed Equis
6. I pressed Metastock charts
7. I found the HGSI chart

If I left click on it, it just opens the chart, and I'm back where I started.  If I right click, I get a drop down menu with OPEN...OPEN WITH...and I'm lost about what to do.  Am I close?  :)

I don't know where the clipboard is, or what paint is, or how to convert it to .jpg.  If it wouldn't take too much of your time, eliteG, and if it isn't too complicated, I'd appreciate further instructions  :)   TIA

eliteG

you are throught with step 1  ;)

1. I pressed Start Button
2. I pressed All Programsr
3. I pressed Accessories
4. I pressed Paint
5. I pressed ctrl V
6. I saved it

lets see how this works

Melf Elf

Aha!  So paint was hiding in accessories!  ;D

I got the chart painted.  That's was fun. Then I tried to attach it here.  I found it in "My Pictures," so I put it in the Attachment Boc.  I got a message that said I can't post that type of chart here (HGSI.bmp).

I checked the properties page, and it said that the chart is 1.37MB (1,440,054 bytes)  ???  I guess it was too big.  Thanks, and applause for the help, eliteG.  I'm making progress  :)  I'll try again later.

By the way, are my charts from Quote.com showing up in other posts?  I might just stick with those.

eliteG

man you are almost there! when you go to save(save as..) you need to change the type to either .jpg or .gif (thats what I use)  the size should be small enough then.  Sorry I was busy scanning away  ;)

Melf Elf

Quote from: eliteG on July 01, 2005, 10:32:22 AM
man you are almost there!

Thanks for the encouragement  :)  I'll work on ,jpg and .gif over the weekend.  At the moment, I think I forget everything that I just did  ::)  It's a good thing that I saved all of your detailed instructions  :)   Thank you for  your time and efforts.  You get another applause in an hour  ;D

eliteG

the truth is I really want to see your charts Melf Elf, because your talk is good but a picture is worth a thousand words in the T/A world  ;)

Melf Elf

Quote from: eliteG on July 01, 2005, 11:14:49 AM
... a picture is worth a thousand words in the T/A world  ;)

BTW, have my chart links been showing up?  I can see them, but I'm not sure if anyone else can   ???

eliteG

your links only show a vanilla chart without any annotations because you must have a subscription to what you use to see them I believe

Melf Elf

Quote from: eliteG on July 01, 2005, 11:28:25 AM
your links only show a vanilla chart without any annotations because you must have a subscription to what you use to see them I believe

Okay, thanks.  They've been vanilla charts  ;) with just one indicator.  It only allows one at a tme.

eliteG

aha i see, then that works  ;)  but we gotta see you work the magic (lines, circles if we're lucky arrows!) lol  :D

Melf Elf

Quote from: eliteG on July 01, 2005, 11:41:36 AM
aha i see, then that works  ;)  but we gotta see you work the magic (lines, circles if we're lucky arrows!) lol  :D

I've got so much junk on my charts, they look like someone threw a pizza at them  :o  I think you'll prefer the vanilla charts that I've been posting.   Does paint have a spot remover?  ;D

David Randolph

#28
Ah ah ah, Melf Elf, you're almost there like eliteG says, just save the image as «.gif» or «.jpg» when you have it on Paint.

A friend of mine has the same problem too, he draws so many lines in the chart that you can't tell a thing out of them ... but I still want to see your «pizzas».

I don't know much about computers too (Ramsburg does, he's the master) but it's strange for you to know how to work with Metastock, such a complex software, and have problems with paint. I wonder if you use the explorers and system testers of Metastock, I find them most useful ...

Cheers  :)

setravis

You all tricked me!!
I have been out today,but my computer has been on.I came to it and seen all these replies on this IBAS post and I thought, "Man this stock must be hot today!!!"Then I see it has just been the forum for "How do you do charts to your post". LOL  :D
This was not cool. I will pay back..... ;D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis