3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SVA

Started by badesrini, July 01, 2005, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badesrini

Sinovac Biotech Ltd. is committed to becoming a world leader in the research and development, manufacture and commercialization of vaccines for endemic and pandemic viruses such as hepatitis and influenza, and for fast emerging viruses such as SARS and Avian Flu Influenza (a.k.a. "bird flu"). The Company's objective is to provide Chinese children with the best vaccines in the world, and let children in the world use vaccines made in China.

From News Article: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050620/205503.html?.v=1

China Govt.
In order to improve the control and prevention of infectious diseases, and to protect human and public health the federal government decided major changes were required. To this end, the government announced a change to its "Regulations on Vaccine Distribution and Prophylactic Immunization" on March 24th 2005. This caused the provincial CDC's to modify their respective regulations for vaccine distribution, and the new regulations went into effect on June 1, 2005.


dickfromalberta

 This one has me confused.  would appreciate input.  ready to dump it

randstory

 Sinovac Biotech, Ltd. (AMEX:SVA) has some important news this morning.
I like SVA as a "HOLD" through 2008.
Please see my reasoning under "randstory" on the SVA message board.
All the best,
                                  -rand

randstory

 Sinovac Biotech, ltd (AMEX:SVA) is demonstrating strength on it third approved vaccine-Anflu- which received approval for manufacturing today. My target is $10.00 by July, 2008.

AMX Pharma (AMEX:AXJ) is a turnaround story. The company has streamlined its management, and is taking the hospital market supply market in generic drugs by storm.
Up from $1.25 in the past week, to $1.80.

China Energy Savings Technology (NASDAQ:CESV)  is completely misunderstood-Yahoo!Finance has the wrong fundamentals for it. It's a
energy solutions company, and reminds me of my favorite AE company- DESC- when I initiated in DESC last September @$2.12.

Happy to discuss any of the above, if there is interest.
All the best,
                          -rand

tommyt

Randstory,
Great posts and welcome. I think you and I were typing about AXJ at the same time. I sent David a note about it, then saw your post. My only apprehension is that I have always been suspicious of Las Vegas companies, maybe it's foolish on my part but I've seen them open and close over-night. AXJ is interesting, as are your others (I would buy DESC on a pullback), but is there any reason why AXJ cannot be more specific on a earnings release date? I'm sure you can understand my nervousness.
Applaud for your strong posts.

randstory

 Hi, Tommy-

First and foremost- let me say your daughter looks lovely.
My children are grown, and  I have five grandchildren.

Secondly, thank you for your courteous reply to my post on  Sinovac Biotech, Ltd., AMX Pharma, and China Energy Savings Technology (SVA,AXJ, CESV)

1) AXM Pharma (AXJ)
I think that the train has left the station, current isn't the price to buy into AXJ, because it will enter resistance in the $2.75 range:
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=AXJ,uu[h,a]daclyiay[dd][pb50!b200!f][vc60][iut!Ub14!Lah12,26,9]&pref=G

2) Sinovac Biotech, Ltd. (SVA)
I know this company fairly well; it's attractive as a L-T Hold. If your horizon extends beyond Q3 '05, then it might be a hold and keep.
I think the end of 3Q and this current price of $2.80 would make SVA a definite "BUY".

3) China Energy Savings Technology, (CESV)
I am adding here, @$8.90. The stock is a "buy" on fundamentals, not technicals. The Yahoo! information on CESV is substantially incorrect.

I've asked a corresondent in Beijing to give me the benefit of his insights into CESV, and several other persons whom I respect to look over the company's finances.
I've done my own DD, but it never hurts to research a stock redundantly.
  Right now, I anticipate adding to CESV tomorrow, with a target of $13.00-$15.00  in November-Dec. of this year....
My capital source will be cash from an 8% reduction in DESC today, on a GTC @ $7.00 shortly after the opening today, Thursday, 7/28/05. My cost basis was $2.12, from an initiial buy in DESC in Sept. '04. I have capital for a 25% increase in my CESV position- initiated last week. Tomorrow will be the fourth add to CESV position.
I anticipate the possibility (not a certainty, to be sure!) of using cap from a further 8% planned reduction in DESC @$8.00  in early August- after its August 4th Conference Call- to add again to CESV in mid-August if weakness persists, but the fundamental story of CESV is still persuasive....

All the best, tommy.
Joy and prosperty to your daughter,
                                                               -rand
Shoul

All the best,
                          -rand


small_investor

Have a look to a biotech company named SINOVAC.

There is a great hype coming I think and SVA has an approved vaccine for bird flu.

>Sinovac Biotech Ltd. Receives Flu Vaccine Production License from Chinese FDA<




poorman1

Today's action was very bullish with volume very steady and calculated.  I entered a position at $3.11 after your post and doing a little DD.  I expect todays volume of 1.1MM to be surpassed over the next couple days.

Ameritrade's Stock Analyzer program showed up in a pre-defined filter with a 11:1 Bull/Bear report.  Hoping for some follow through.

I'm kicking myself for selling NWD at $1.30 after buying at $.98.  China related stocks are getting the investment dollars.

Hoping for some follow through on this one.  However, I could use some TA on SVA after Friday's close, if there are any market signals.

Good Find,
poorman1

irod

Another company that is working on an Avian Flu vaccine is Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) and its stock soared 30% (pre-market it was up to 55%) on positive results of their experimental vaccine.

small_investor

Take the 2y-chart and have a look for the heavy outbreak from the longterm downtrend.

This happens under the 3rd highest volume SVA was ever traded.  :o

Make your own thoughts to this.......



shawFund

Chart is indeed very bullish but heavy insider sellings worried me though.

small_investor

Please don´t forget not the reality which tells you NVAX is hyping on yesterdays news about some good results in a preclinical phase with mice and rats, not with humans.

SVA has approved vaccine for bird flu on which they earn real money. By the way they have the only vaccine for HEP-A for children from one to 15 years too.

What do you think is the better one?

small_investor

Please tell me what is emotional what I have done?

We are here in the SVA-thread I think.

I´ve taken in a nice chart and some infos about the company for people who are interested in it.

You come in here, bashing on SVA and try to take some smalltalk about the better invest in NVAX. Then you tell me I´m emotional...

Sorry man but you have an improper behaviour. Go to the NVAX thread and take your action there...

Have a nice weekend..

irod

I'm not sure who your post is directed to, but all I was doing was making a comparison between these two stocks, to show the good potenial that SVA has to breakout, just like a similar case, NVAX, did a couple of days ago. No need to get all defensive/aggressive. ???

small_investor

hello irod,

my last posting has nothing to do with something coming from you or the other board members who are telling their opinion about this stock pick.

This was only for one member (sorry, his name will not be called) who came in and made a bad one man show.
You can´t find his postings in this thread because he´s deleting them he said.

nice weekend and best for your invest ;)