3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Let's add a board for daytraders

Started by jeff46902, July 05, 2005, 03:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff46902

David,

I have a suggestion:  What do you think of the idea of adding another message board geared toward daytraders.  People could post stocks that they think will make a run-up for that day (one-day-wonders), as well as announce what stocks they have just bought with the intention of selling them later that day.

Thanks,
Jeff

David Randolph

It's a good idea, we'll consider that over the next few days ...

Thanks jeff !

tommyt

David,
Not to be one to disagree, I'm always up for a good swing profit. The thing that concerns me is traffic. Much of the day the site is slowed down or even unavailable. I know you and Fredrick are addressing it, but if word gets out of specific day trades being offered things could get a bit out-of-control. This is only my two-cent opinion though.
You are obliviously doing something right, I joined over a month ago when there were 850+ members. Today, 1762.
Maybe we could start a more aggressive fund drive, something like the church (man, I haven't been there in years), were you are expected(not forced) to donate a certain percentage of what you make? Say 1% of profits that are derived from the suggested SOF picks?
These funds could allow you to hire assistants, and build an even bigger (mammoth) server? Man, it could be "War of the Worlds!" ..sorry...I have to lay off the espresso...sorry... :o

Ramsburg

Quote from: jeff46902 on July 05, 2005, 03:29:10 PM
David,

I have a suggestion:  What do you think of the idea of adding another message board geared toward daytraders.  People could post stocks that they think will make a run-up for that day (one-day-wonders), as well as announce what stocks they have just bought with the intention of selling them later that day.

Thanks,
Jeff

Great suggestion jeff46902!
We are thinking to expand the number of boards, since our community is growing fast, and we have a lot of different traders working in different time-frames, different stocks, and different strategies... We think that 3SOF, being a T2T project may have space for all this; all we have to do is to organize ourselves on more message boards, this could make easier the readings on this website.

Some of our ideas for new boards to include on the next days:
- DayTrading Setups (to suggest a given trading idea/setup/strategy, for daytrading ONLY)
- Long Term Trading Setups (To post long term trading ideas, setups, and to give the follow up of this kind of trades)
- Off-Topic Board (because life is not only at the market,.... LOL... we could talk about, Sports, politics, Travelling, leisure, humor, etc...)
- The European Corner (Since we have a lot of people from Europe, this board could be usefull to discuss some trading ideas on European Stocks / Indices... who knows ?)
- Trading Tools (to post feedbacks, questions, answers, pools, helping each other, etc, on Trading Software, Trading Systems, Trading Hardware, Books, Videos, Audio, etc)

This is just some ideas, what you guys think about it ?

Quote from: tommyt on July 05, 2005, 07:59:41 PM
David,
Not to be one to disagree, I'm always up for a good swing profit. The thing that concerns me is traffic. Much of the day the site is slowed down or even unavailable. I know you and Fredrick are addressing it, but if word gets out of specific day trades being offered things could get a bit out-of-control. This is only my two-cent opinion though.
You are obliviously doing something right, I joined over a month ago when there were 850+ members. Today, 1762.
Maybe we could start a more aggressive fund drive, something like the church (man, I haven't been there in years), were you are expected(not forced) to donate a certain percentage of what you make? Say 1% of profits that are derived from the suggested SOF picks?
These funds could allow you to hire assistants, and build an even bigger (mammoth) server? Man, it could be "War of the Worlds!" ..sorry...I have to lay off the espresso...sorry... :o

Hi Tommyt !

5 minutes ago, I've made the first payment of our brand new dedicated server... ;)
In the last 2 weeks we all felt the problems and limitations of our current server, we manage to solve some of the issues, but we feel a great and growing demand on it. I think in the next 24 hours we'll be up and running on the new server, so we expect to have a much more stable service from now on...

About the donations, the future of this project, etc. Me and David, we've been planning and discussing a lot on this matter, and we'll announce on the next days some of our plans concerning the project, and we'll share everything with our members. We want to continue to grow, but specially in quality, and we are now sure that we want to do this on a more professional and intensive way.

best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

Great ideas!  The off-topic board will be cool.  I can learn more about my co-workers. :D