3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SYNX

Started by JMoney, July 07, 2005, 09:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

#15
Just like ISON. Thats the sad part of momo stocks. Thats why its so risky to play them and may be due to very high gap at open dave did not buy.

VikingFan

Fortunately, after Dave highlighted it, I was able to get in premarket at 4.40 and sold out at 5.54.  I watched it go over 6 with all the crazy momo, but wouldn't dare buy again after getting out.  After the gap and early run, it got extremely risky.

ncham

shorted at 4.98, waiting for the gap to fill ~3.30

eduardvs

I hosed myself really good in buying this when it popped @ $5.80  . I almost got out of it at my entry but the thing tanked so quickly my head spun. Then I was like a deer in the headlights and held on hoping it would go back. So now I'm sitting here with a huge loss, just holding hoping for a resuscitation.

I was thinking of buying more and cost averaging down and waiting for it to hit $4 and try to break even. It looks like this could be approaching the bottom or continue it's downfall.

Got any ideas/suggestions? Support, etc.?

AussieTrader

Hey Eduard, bad luck and everyones been there, but I'll tell you straight:

Take the loss, learn the lesson.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to make the money back on SYNX, forget SYNX and make the money back on another play.

Plenty of 'decent' plays out there
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

rabidmonk

Look at your 60 day charts - notice trendlines and breakout point -
You don't set a fox to watching the chickens just because he's had a lot of experience in the hen house.

PerfectSage

#21
I bought SYNC last Friday @ $3.10 in the expectation it was going to take a run at the April $3.75 high. It's worth hanging on to because you can recoup some of your losses. now.

Sorry SYNX is not SYNC.

SYNX um... ...3 week flag possible/probable bullish 2 day candlestick pattern depending on how it closes.

You should be able to recoup a good chunk of your losses in 2/3 weeks.
I wanna be the minority ;)

rabidmonk

I'll post charts later as to why I entered a position in SYNX, but one can veryify I put my money on it by seeing this post on the YAHOO MB that I made yesterday.

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7081910&tid=ftec&sid=7081910&mid=5246

I intended to post last night, but had a hot date that kept me distracted, and was too burned out this morning. <sigh>.  ;D
You don't set a fox to watching the chickens just because he's had a lot of experience in the hen house.

rabidmonk

SYNX is a security play...

Synergx Systems, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, distribution, service, and marketing of data communications products and systems with applications in the fire alarm, life safety, transit, security, and communications industries in the United States. It also engineers, distributes, markets, and sells systems and products manufactured by other parties.

Some Facts:

Float 3.28 Million (tiny - prone to lovely volitility)
Shares Outstanding 5.19 Million
Percentage Held by Insiders: 36%
Recent contract news of $450,000 security system order.

I'll keep the charts simple and follow the norm on this site --- Let's hope I have attached them correctly... These are of two year and 30 day views. Notice the large cup with handle formation in the two year chart, and the decending triangle in the 30 day chart.

You don't set a fox to watching the chickens just because he's had a lot of experience in the hen house.

rocket8

no need for proof like that.  we believe u.

unlike yahoo where longs and (shorts / bashers / haters) work against each other... the 3stocksonfire group is a group of traders who help each other to make money.  i would describe 3stocks as a "professional" board.

good call (applaud)


REALDEALS21

#25
What is the outlook for tommorrow ?

Can it close above $3 ?, that would be good

PerfectSage

Rabidmonk, did you run a TA scan to find SYNX?

I just bought some @$2.94
I wanna be the minority ;)

metro

The stock has what appears to be a sort of bull flag (an actual flag needs a flag pole) and note the 62% retrace lines up with a previous high and stock is now just under the 9-day but has 50-day EMA support.

I would buy this on a good volume day over 3.15 with stop back below the 9-day.

The 200-day crossed under the 50-day recently and that is bullish and of course so is the huge volume up day and the smaller vol pullback. If volume comes back then a logical first target would be that 38% line at 4.35 as that now is also close to the top Bollinger band.




BTW - IMO I do not buy based on what I have already. Each investment - each buy should be based on a risk/reward setup and it is to no advantage to base it on an idea of averaging down etc. (there may be some tax benefit but I use Mark-to-market so do not know)

eduardvs - every trader has made the mistake you did so don't worry too much as lost money can be made up. Check the stock on gaps up and use caution in buying especially if the candle is above the top band as that signals high risk so set tight stops. That way you can play the momo plays and if they happen to be the rare ones that continue up a couple of days your risk is low as you get stopped out if they fail.

the reason a play like this can work is that there were a lot of people who missed the run up form $2 to $6 and wished they had been in it. If it appears as if the stock is taking off again then many will want to rush in to not miss it again. However - there are also people like you who are at a loss and want to get out at higher prices -- that is why big buying pressure is needed to move it back up.

KCScott

I'm not as up on TA as the majority on this board.

I have read Cup & Handle is one of the most bullish patterns a stock can form - Is this correct?

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

KCS
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

rabidmonk

Do we have nerves of steel? Or are we easily shaken out?  ;)

Need I suggest how I think this trading today resolves? Ha.

See this next chart --

Good luck, and as always do your own DD and manage your risks.

Rabidmonk ®©
You don't set a fox to watching the chickens just because he's had a lot of experience in the hen house.