3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Questions for Ameritrade users.

Started by eagerlearner, July 07, 2005, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagerlearner

Hi there  :)
i recently switched to Ameritrade canada . still getting used to the software and tools.
do u guys use mainly the Command Center?  i do and it happens all so often that all the quotes just halt . and after a while it's back up running. Its so frustrating i had to use other sources for live quotes.
does this happen to you too? what do u do with it?

Thanks a lot and good luck!

Ramsburg


One of my accounts is Ameritrade Apex (US), and I dont have that kind of problem.

Did you email their support center about that ?
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eagerlearner

thanks rams.  :)
i think i will call them tomorrow.
is the command center of apex the same?
anyone else using ameritrade?

Thanks!

somedude

I'm also using Ameritrade Canada.  I've been having that type of problem once in a while, but only for like around 10 seconds each time (although they always seem like minutes).  There was once that a market order never executed, and I called in and complained. They fixed it after a few minutes, but it felt like forever.  Luckily I gained from that delay of sale.  They said they won't guarantee anything on NASDAQ stocks, and it's fully possible that market orders take minutes or even the next day!  If this happens to me again I'm switching, but I don't know what else is good in Canada...

AussieTrader

Hey Eager,
I use Ameritrade and I have seen their data stream be a bit hit and miss from time to time in that streaming quotes lock for a few seconds before restarting.
I don't use command centre as I didn't really like it so much so I have my L2 and streaming feed going into Quotetracker.
By the way what other source for quotes did you go to and did you see improvement?
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eagerlearner

thanks for the replies guys  :D
hi aussie, i have another broker (CIBC), but i can only view 10 live quotes there, and most of my stocks are on ameritrade.

good luck guys!