3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

TMTA

Started by saffeysite1, May 16, 2005, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catrader

anyone get in, nice analysis and logic.  should have seen it  before earnings.

dhiraj19

i am in with 0.85 though with a small amount....

ncham

argh! didn't have anything to go on, so i sold near the close of the gap at 1.46, now 1.60s!

ma7


dhiraj19

David,
I'll appreciate if you could provide a comment on TMTA? Its stuck today between 1.4- 1.45 with 17 million shares traded in 1 hr.
Dhiraj

metro

TMTA made its trend line break in July then went to test it and after consolidation made a break out at 0.95. The recent gap up should not really be filed at $1.07 as it was a break away gap but often ones like this half fill and that would be in the range of the 38% retrace at $1.18. Maybe there is enough momentum left to take it higher here but 3 days above the top Bollinger band does not make for a good risk reward at the moment. The 9-day is moving up so it may hit the 38% line in a couple of days. Momentum can of course be played with any stock but risk/reward is important to consider and buying at support or a break of resistance on strong volume is the least risky as you can set stops very close then wait for another set up.

This week is typically the worst of the month and August is typically the worst month of the year. And..... the NASDAQ has been trending down and this could be a week of a bigger correction.  With this possible and TMTA RSI staying above 70 indicates higher risk at the moment.



Amarens

Metro, it has been quite a while since you made this analysis on TMTA. Th last week the stock has been jumping up and down between $1,70-1,75. Everybody is still on (strong) buy. I'm interested in your thoughts two weeks later.

Looking forward to hear.

metro

Here is an annotated chart. I am a bit effected now also by time of year and market conditions. Generally the markets are still very strong as the sell offs just can't seem to get much action. But a trading bottom in the markets may not arrive for another couple of weeks and we can tell more after vacations end and the bigger players are back.

TMTA has made such a nice run of 500% in a very short time so I am waiting to re enter until I see a better risk reward. On the chart I made a comment about a possible entry but a much better one would be at a base at the center Bollinger band and 62% retrace that could happen if we can get a broader market sell off which should really come to help set up for a bigger rally.

Risk/reward are are based on upside to downside possibilities. TMTA reported 4 cents in earnings so if they could just keep that up for year at a PE of 20 then price would be $3.20 but there are some doubts of course and a big gain to protect and market weak seasonality so for a shorter time frame re entry I am waiting unless I see a strong vol move as mentioned on the chart.

http://tinyurl.com/7bese



Amarens

Quote from: metro on August 26, 2005, 04:59:48 AM
Here is an annotated chart. I am a bit effected now also by time of year and market conditions. Generally the markets are still very strong as the sell offs just can't seem to get much action. But a trading bottom in the markets may not arrive for another couple of weeks and we can tell more after vacations end and the bigger players are back.

TMTA has made such a nice run of 500% in a very short time so I am waiting to re enter until I see a better risk reward. On the chart I made a comment about a possible entry but a much better one would be at a base at the center Bollinger band and 62% retrace that could happen if we can get a broader market sell off which should really come to help set up for a bigger rally.

Risk/reward are are based on upside to downside possibilities. TMTA reported 4 cents in earnings so if they could just keep that up for year at a PE of 20 then price would be $3.20 but there are some doubts of course and a big gain to protect and market weak seasonality so for a shorter time frame re entry I am waiting unless I see a strong vol move as mentioned on the chart.

http://tinyurl.com/7bese




Metro,

Thanks for the in dept response. It kind of does confirm my thoughts. Only doubt I have is the volumes. I think they have been quite strong basically every day in the past two weeks. What volumes change your thoughts?


David Randolph

#24
This is more of a speculative play. As you can read on this thread I believe the Nasdaq Composite will march to new highs before the year ends.

TMTA seems to be an attractive speculative play to ride the bull. I'll buy it at today's open for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

Over the following updates I will write more about these companies I'm buying today.

REALDEALS21

I had this TMTA on the last spike, its a very speculative stock, especially for the so called 4qt Tech rally.

Amarens

I have been in TMTA since August 17th and added August 29th ..... :-[

Wanted to add at $ 1,20 but it would have gotten to big. Anyway it's clear I did not really have plans back then  :-[. Did believe in the stock and still do. Looking back I would have sold earlier and bought back at the low levels. That's what I've learned here  ;).

And now. Go TMTA go!!!!

Amarens

ScottishTrader

In with you on the small pullback @ 1.52 - let's see this thing move  :o

ScottishTrader

hmm... moved to the wrong side methinks  >:(

Watching that move at the end of the day was painful - I'm kinda concerned that we just hit the top of another spike - anyone with more experience with TMTA or know a bit more about the fundamentals able to give some advice?  David, what's your call, as it's never nice to start a trade with a loss.

AussieTrader

TMTA breakout has been supported by the 50sma $1.41 and just below further support from the 9ema $1.34. Technically would like to see these zones hold as support. My stop trails the 9ema some and I have a target area of $1.90 to $2 for profits (but that is always a bit flexible, my stop loss however is not).
Good luck
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account