3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

EXTR - Sector: Technology --- Industry: Communications Equipment

Started by setravis, July 09, 2005, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setravis

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

stocky

Traded this one while it was jumping in the range of 6.5. It used to be quite strong stock those days. Havenot followed it once sold for modest profit. Will watch it or post any info once I have it :)

kuepper

Quote from: setravis on July 09, 2005, 04:38:10 PM
Bottom fishing here....could be good for a run north.


http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050707/sfth033.html?.v=19
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050706/sfw107.html?.v=8

Looks like it has potential, but it has to get past this strong trendline/MA resistance first... I'll definitely have it on my watchlist for next week though - thanks!

setravis

Falling Wedge......breakout from .
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Ramsburg

Hello,

This is just a short technical comment on EXTR...

Got EXTR on my filter tonight, with some interesting issues:
- Breakout the 3 month price range
- Entered the gap zone
- Increasing volume on the last weeks

I'm looking forward to see if $4.97 will act as a resistance level, after that the only technical barrier on the upside would be $5.24 (the 200 day ema).

Any opinion ?

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

setravis

I've been doing some research on the company. Looks like a strong long term play.Low valuation, strong cash position, possible take over candidate, earnings growth, solid long term contracts etc.  8)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Ramsburg


Merged both topics ;)

Sorry, I made a quick search, but EXTR is on the middle of many english words and I didn't find this post ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

setravis

Let us see if this one starts to move...... ???
+4.25%....Volume @ 614,713
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

News Out........ 8)
***************************************
AP
Extreme Networks Shares Jump on Upgrade
Wednesday October 5, 1:07 pm ET 
Extreme Networks Shares Jump After Analyst Upgrades Company on Improving Margins


NEW YORK (AP) -- Extreme Networks Inc. shares surged Wednesday after an analyst upgraded the ethernet networking company citing improving margins and its new partnerships with vendors.
Shares of the company gained 32 cents, or 7.2 percent, to $4.79 in heavy afternoon trading on Nasdaq. Over the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded between $4.02 and $7.25.


Banc of America Securities late Tuesday issued a report to clients upgrading Extreme Networks to "Buy" from "Neutral." The firm also raised its price target for the Santa Clara, Calif.-based company to $6 from $5.

Extreme Networks, whose main business is providing ethernet networking and infrastructure equipment, has had eight straight quarters of gross-margin improvement, Banc of America said.

"We believe margins can go even higher, primarily driven by continued improvement in the company's service margins, which remain well below the industry average," Banc of America analyst Tim Long said in the report.

The firm also cited Extreme Networks' partnerships with vendors including Avaya Inc., Juniper Networks Inc. and Dell Inc., saying the strategic relationships stand to bear fruit next year.

Banc of America expects Extreme Networks to report full-year earnings of 20 cents per share, slightly above the Wall Street consensus of 18 cents per share, according to a Thomson Financial poll. The analyst also initiated a fiscal 2007 earnings estimate of 28 cents per share, above Wall Street's consensus view of 22 cents per share.


"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

News Link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=EXTR

The Chart................Symmetrical Triangle Breakout
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Slowly moving north,above the 13 and 50-dma
Looks like it has formed an Ascending Triangle.
Looks to be getting into some higher highs and higher lows.

Can not give you a chart, stockcharts down today.  :-\

Technicals
Last Price Quote is:
above 13-day EMA
above 50-day EMA
RS Rating: 85 

Fundamentals
Key Data:
Market Cap (M): $623.92 
P/E Ratio: 47.95 
PEG Ratio: 1.49664 
Next Earnings: 01/18/2006
Last Analyst Rating: Buy
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Jimbo


I started a new tread for EXTR without doing a proper search. BTW  I did a search in different topic thought that will give me a search results from the entire site. Well I was wrong - I got results only from that particular topic. As pointed later to me there was a tread for EXTR already  :o . So from now on I allways go to Message Board and do search from there. That gives all the results from 3SOF  ;).
Anyway I feel guilty and I'll try to transfer all the posts from my tread and close it so we can keep this site tidy  :).

QuoteEXTR - swing trade for 10% profit ???
« on: November 18, 2005, 07:09:06 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good evening !

          A newbie would like an opinion on Extrime Networks Inc. (EXTR) - a small-cap ( 623.4M ) value company in the technology sector, which is expected to outperform the market over the next few months. Considering the tech rally now I believe we can get 10% SP increase.
Of course that is my opinion and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. There might be something I'm missing   

Bellow is the TA I made ( I apologize if it's incorrect . I'm still learning. )


I had limit order @ 4.95 today but unfortunately it didn't get filled  .  Hopefully it will pullback on Monday. Anyway I think that 4.95 - 5.05 is a good entry.

BTW - applaud to all for shearing your knowedge  .  Great site.

Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend 

Jimbo




QuoteRe: EXTR - swing trade for 10% profit ???
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 push wave impulse over horizontal resistance on 3x volume. (gartley)
The only thing I see different are the resistance levels. These are based on measured moves and  impulse waves -  Target 1: 5.30  Target 2: 5.75-5.80

Looks good like a good trade. Great chart. You've got my blessings and applause...welcome to the community and certainly glad to have you here!   


Quote  Re: EXTR - swing trade for 10% profit ???
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 07:52:49 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you calven !

Appreciate your correction. It's always good when learning something new  .



QuoteRe: EXTR - swing trade for 10% profit ???
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday's trading made a Doji on the chart, despite the recent volume and price action.  I am hesitant to buy this stock because of the doji.  Please correct me if I'm overlooking something more powerful than that.

Thanks,
Leaira

QuoteYes I see the DOJI also. I think Jimbo was only buying on a retracement to support. Hope that helps.

Cal


OK, now we have only one tread for EXTR and all the posts are transfered here  :).

Jimbo

Update from today:






The price broke out above $4.89 and over the last couple of days it has been building a higher base of support. Once this consolidation period is complete we should see a quick climb  ;).

BTW I'm in @ 4.97  ;)

setravis

Quote from: Jimbo on November 24, 2005, 12:16:13 PM

I started a new tread for EXTR without doing a proper search. BTW  I did a search in different topic thought that will give me a search results from the entire site. Well I was wrong - I got results only from that particular topic. As pointed later to me there was a tread for EXTR already  :o . So from now on I allways go to Message Board and do search from there. That gives all the results from 3SOF  ;).
Anyway I feel guilty and I'll try to transfer all the posts from my tread and close it so we can keep this site tidy  :).

Quote

That's cool  Jimbo !  8)
It is hard sometimes when we do a search to find if a thread on a pick already exist.
To me it is so much better, if a trader has made a stock pick, if all comments are there on that one thread.History of the pick all in one place. "Simplicity" ;D IMHO....
Applaud your work on your charts and comments.  ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis