3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IVOC - Potential- to be a huge gainer this week!

Started by saffeysite1, July 18, 2005, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somebody041

I'm slightly confused regarding the special divident that ivoc will be paying.  I understand that I must be a recorded shareholder on July 29th, but after that, am I free to sell the stock or do I have to keep it in my possession until August 5th?

David Randolph

You may sell it after July 29th and you'll still keep the dividend:

«Shareholders of record on July 29, 2005 will be entitled to receive the special dividend. The special dividend is expected to be payable on August 5, 2005.»

This other positive news today will keep IVOC on fire:

iVoice Partners with HTIS, Inc.: The Speech Enabled Auto Attendant is Provided by iVoice's Subsidiary SpeechSwitch, Inc.

It looks like at least SpeedSwitch will be a publicly traded company ...




atalltexan

Looks like it's ready to continue upward march.  Opening indication .0014/.0015:


fill_the_gap

Just averaged up. 

My thoughts are a strong close and day tomorrow.
People may want to get in just for the shares.

The concern is what happens the day after ?
Thoughts on a selloff ?
Just one opinion, do the research

atalltexan

Quote from: fill_the_gap on July 28, 2005, 10:51:55 AM
Just averaged up. 

My thoughts are a strong close and day tomorrow.
People may want to get in just for the shares.

The concern is what happens the day after ?
Thoughts on a selloff ?

My worry too.  When does the current run end ?

RJ

I am a little confused ( :-\) .. I do not believe that one can buy the shares and sell before the distribution date and receive the additional shares. It has been my experience that one must hold the shares in their account in order to receive. You can sell the day after, or the day you see them in the account....am I incorrect ?  ???  Please correct me

RJ

Loffigus


fill_the_gap

David is familiar with the company.
I do not know.

But the ex dividend date makes a difference.
Just one opinion, do the research

David Randolph

I'm not familiar with the company fill_the_gap, I don't know where you got that.

I sold it @$0.0015 when I was at the supermarket, I called Ramsburg so he could sell it for me ... I don't want no dividend, this is no dividend, let me try to explain some points:

1) People who have shares tomorrow at the close will be illegible to receive the "dividend". Shareholders accounts at that day will be counted and listed. Those are the accounts which will be credited with the "dividend" on August 5th. So, Monday you can sell the shares, no problem, and still receive the dividend on August 5th - but count on a sell off after that date, perhaps (all this deal still needs SEC approval).

2) The "dividend" is shares of 3 companies that IVOC will spin off. But, those 3 companies were wholly owned subsidiaries of IVOC, so IVOC's valuation already took into consideration those 3 companies.

3) So, this doesn't change, at all, the company's compound value. iVoice Technology, Inc +  Deep Field Technologies, Inc.+ SpeechSwitch, Inc. = IVOC.

4) I'm a bit afraid that not all the 3 new companies will be publicly traded companies. We have reports that SpeechSwitch Inc will probably be, but what about the others? If they're not publicly traded you can not sell on the market those shares, and IVOC will lose a lot of value because this subsidiaries won't be fully owned as before.

I was planning to sell tomorrow at the open, or today by the close, but the stock yesterday rose 40%, so when it was rising just 7% or 14% today at the middle of the session I decided to sell, because there was a loss in momentum, and the story should be gathering momentum, not losing.

On these penny picks, until we form the «3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio» (news next week  :)), I have no responsability of saying when to sell, so each one is on his own ... (as always, but on the portfolios I publicly run it's different, there I assume a compromise on a daily update, and that almost always says when to sell)

Good luck and take care, never allocate a lot of capital into a penny stock, in most cases $1000 is fine.


fill_the_gap

David.

You ask why I assume that you may know about the Dividend ?

You know more than most of us about it.

And you are " Familiar " with trading it.  Both you and Ramsburg have mentioned trading it in the past.  You know about the TA and at least this below.

From Your Post On the Stock Board:

  I know IVOC.OB is the penny of the pennies, but I just got to love the stock, it brings me good memories from the summer of 2003, when the stock shot up thousands of percentage points.

It's hard to know if there's any truth to the press releases, but the company says it has $11M in cash, and market cap is just $9.88M at current quotes.

The company is planning to spin off in 3 companies, and give shares to existing shareholders at the 29th of July, in a special dividend, read here: iVoice Sets Record Date for the Distribution of Special Dividend of iVoice Technology, Inc., Deep Field Technologies, Inc and SpeechSwitch, Inc. Class A Common Stock to iVoice Shareholders

Altough this doesn't change anything materially, just the fact that the company is not asking for more money from shareholders and is reorganizing itself is attracting buyers as you can see in the chart below:

And Ramsburg:

"  IVOC is one of my personal favourites...
You could point any crazy upside level for the short term, and I would have to say: that's possible !

I can't even have a price target on this one... this stock has an unbelievable potential (and risk off course), the good thing is that only yesterday after the close it gained attention from a lot of technical traders... David's thoughts about IVOC (see the TOP-5 post on the Stock Picking board) make a lot of sense to me... And I'm going to hold this as long as possible

Go IVOC ! the sky is waiting for you

PS: Guys, this is really high risk... a stock like this one make us dream, but my dream on this one don't go above a 3% of my total equity, if you know what I mean...
Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

David,

And Applud on the explanation about the Dividend.
It makes sense.

I tried to get out today and the shares did not take.
So we will see tomorrow. 

3SOF Penny Portfolio !!
Now we are talking.

Your site was built on the Pennies.
AMRE made you most of the return to be proud of and get going.
Just one opinion, do the research

atalltexan

After the drop yesterday, appears to be starting another run (.0012/.0013).


eduardvs

You would think the stock should be reacting more favorably to the record date which is today. 

I wonder if the contingencies in the statement were met for this to even take place?

OhadOnFire

In @ .001$.  ;D

Good luck to all IVOC holders.