3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ENER - Sector: Technology---Industry: Semiconductors

Started by cumulina, July 21, 2005, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cumulina

I just bought ENER again.

I'm a little slow, so I probably paid too much, on the other hand - this one could be kept untill retirement  ;)

My way of "hedging" is to hold Alternative Energy stock - AND oil!

Something has got to do well  ;D

So I entered @ 24.69.

Yesterday I bought ESLR (again  ;) ) @ 6.52

Last week WFR @ 17.59

Now oil can go where ever it wants as far as I'm concerned!


Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

No reaction from the board  ???

I'll just continue on my own, then  ;D

I have sold off some pennies and "parked" the money in a few stocks that I believe in for longer term:

ENER (Alternative Energy) closed up nicely, but nothing spectacular. I should have kept it from when I last bought it around $18.-

ESLR (Solar cells) I have been in and out of this one a lot, always with a positive result. Now I'll just keep it.

WFR (Supplier of silicon products - also to the solar-cell producers) Closed down slightly friday, will be watching it wednesday, Q2. I do believe that it'll be positive.

SU (Canadian Oil-sands) Up nicely friday: 2.76% - and as far as I can read it...the ONLY sector (together with gas from The North Sea) that have a positive outlook!
See link: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/reserves.html
This one I'll add to as personal finances allow. I think that with escalating oilprices and declining resources it will be a "gold"-mine.

Other than that I'm happy to have AOB (Thanks, David!)

And I'm waiting for AMEP, BDCO, NGAS and SKPI to go crazy, and make up for all my losses in the dear little "pennies"!

These are not recommandations, just suggestions of stocks to look into.

Cheers!


Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

Complete silence about ENER  ???

There are not many reasons NOT to have this stock, I think.

I'll let the chart speak for itself... ;D

Enjoy!
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

RichL74

#3
Quote from: cumulina on August 26, 2005, 02:37:31 PM
Complete silence about ENER  ???

There are not many reasons NOT to have this stock, I think.

I'll let the chart speak for itself... ;D

Enjoy!

I bought in beginning this week. Wow, what a run! I think this still has room to grow especially with the world's dependencies and inflationary pressures from oil. All charts are pointing in the right direction..I think to at least $50 before the end of this quarter. And oh yeah, with consecutive increases in volume traded AND over 12% short float, there's definitely upward momentum as shorts begin to cover. Not sure if you notice, but there seems to be a substantial disparity between buy and sell orders through out the past couple days. It seems like buy orders far exceeds sell orders for the past week. Here is this week's results: http://quote.barchart.com/quote.asp?sym=ener&code=BSTK

cumulina

Glad to see you are with me on this one, RichL74.

I also believe that there is more in this one - as in many other AE stocks.

I don't understand why BCON has had such a tremendous run...seems a bit like mass-hysteria to me, (sour grapes  ;D as I do not own it myself)

But... if I understood the market, I'd be wealthy by now  ;)

Let's hope ENER continues it's fine run up monday.
With the hurricane approaching the oil-sensitive part of Gulf of Mexico, who knows what will happen? Oil dropped sharply friday, and I would have thought that it would rise instead  ???

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

RichL74

http://quote.barchart.com/quote.asp?sym=ener&code=BSTK

It really doesn't get better than this. I completely agree with you on the AE sector. As the war in Iraq progresses, and the growing world dependency on oil (especially China), companies,  and the Kyoto treaty, and killer oil prices, I'm sure the alternative energy sector is one of the safest bet for the next 10 years. This sector is in such infancy stage as far as commercialization of the technology.

So I'm going to look into BCON. I have not heard much of that company, but then again, a lot of these micros stay under my radar if too few shares are traded.

I thing I do see, if these companies prove to be an attractive business model, I GUARANTEE that somebody like GE will be chomping at the bit to buy them up before anyone else will. It fits into their campaign of ecoimagination.

Anyways... happy trading!

daldrich

  For what it's worth this one is on Tobin Smiths Aggressive buy list since May. With hybrids growth this will be key for the battery technology they supply.  If production was higher supposedly Toyota and Honda would have sold 5x as many hybrids.
  Would like to own but don't have the funds to get in at this time.

cumulina

How about the following news?  ;)

6:55pm 08/29/05 
Cobasys confirms deals for hybrid electric vehicle programs (CVX, ENER) By Katherine Hunt
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Cobasys, a joint venture between Chevron Corp.'s (CVX) Chevron Technology Ventures LLC and Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (ENER) , said after Monday's closing bell that it has received orders for hybrid electric vehicle production programs. Terms of the contracts were not disclosed. Orion, Mich.-based Cobasys also confirmed that it is in the advanced stages of hybrid vehicle prototype development and testing for several transportation and vehicle manufacturing companies located in North America, Europe and Asia. 


Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

RichL74

Another good day for us. I doubled my position at 33.99.... let's keep on rocking and rolling.

Also, I noticed that Fidelity owns 20% of the shares outstanding! Pretty amazing to have that much institutional ownership from one company. So, needless to say, there is a shortage of available shares for retail investors to trade.

It's all good for you and me cumulina!

cumulina

 
What do you think of this, RichL74?

ENER is about 20% of my stock, ESLR about 21%. - and I'm not nervous about those two at all.

Stock Symbol:   
34.41   
ENERGY CONV DEVICE  ENER 
Shares Short 4.21M
Days to Cover 7.1
Short % of Float 12.70%
Total Increase / Decrease 3.69%
% From 52-Week High -0.41%
% From 50 Day 23.71%
% From 200 Day 34.87%
52 Week Performance 160.68%
Avg Daily Vol - 1 Mo. 0.59M
Shares Outstanding 33.24M
% Insider Holders 2.89%
% Institutional Holders 42.60%
Float N/A
Avg Daily Vol - 10 Day 1.24M
Avg Daily Vol - 3 Mo. 0.67M
Shares Short - Prior Mo. 4.06M
52-Week High (30-Aug-05) 34.55
52-Week Low (01-Oct-04) 12.50
50 Day MA 26.25
200 Day MA 22.41
Release Date Aug-2005

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

PHEW! What a day...

A huge dip...and then full recovery!  ;D

What a stock...

I hope you guys held as well?
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

Just a short link before I sign off ( it's 22:49 here right now!)

http://www.investors.com/breakingnews.asp?journalid=31304648&brk=1

Alternarive energy is hot...my only "slow" one was DESC, down 0.13 but it's still doing fine. Holding that one for a while also.

Cheers.

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

This released after hours...anybody here understand it...and care to translate it to a simple-minded  ;D

Form 8-K for ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES INC


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31-Aug-2005

Change in FYE or Articles, Financial Statements and Exhibits



Item 5.03 Amendments to Bylaws
On August 25, 2005, the Board of Directors of Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (ECD) amended certain provisions of the Company's bylaws to (i) revise Article III concerning the procedures for calling special meetings of stockholders, (ii) revise Article XI to provide for additional means of notice for calling meetings of directors, (iii) add to Article XI a provision for meetings of directors to be held by means of conference telephone or similar communications equipment, and (iv) amend Article XIII to allow for electronic transmission of actions taken by unanimous consent of the Board or a Board committee.





Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits
(c) Exhibits:

Exhibit No. Description

3.1 Text of amended provisions of ECD's bylaws.



Thanks in advance.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

RichL74

I wish I bought some more when it was down 5% early. I figured that was some early profit taking and others on the sidelines jumping in. I wanted to see how today played out before purchasing more. As a result, I'm looking at purchasing more tomorrow. Good luck to me...


BTW, the filing states that the voting process does not require shareholders to be present for a vote and that voting can be done over the phone or electronically...


cumulina

Well...the yahoo-board is full of wild guesses.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. A message like this must have some significance?
But I have no idea what to read into it.

I'm just very sure that I'm not going to sell, and I wish that I had the means to buy some more (like you) on the dip today.

Looking at the longer term chart (3 year), ENER seems like THE thing to hold.

I think we're in fine shape.  ;)
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.