3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

OBSERVATION

Started by Adam, July 26, 2005, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

First off, hats off for a wonderful site.  The minds on this site far exceed your typical message boards.  Which leads me to my thoughts.  I feel that certain people have gained the respect of the the site where there posts are seen as gosphel.  I might add that that has been earned by their insightful posts.  I do however want to add that outside of the 5 or so people that have earned thier repuation there are some great picks presented by others.  It is interesting to me at times that these people are putting forth double digit gainers, and although there are views to there posts, there are no replies.  Either no one has taken advantage of the quality pick, or they have not taken the time to applaud these individuals.  Either way a shame.  I will tell you thta I am guilty of this as well.  In short we want to maintain all of our members, and for some people the way to do so is to recognize a job well done.  So if you have had some winners in the past and have not been recognized for the accomplishment, I want to take the opportunity to give an applaud, and encourage you to continue posting.  I am reading the posts, and more importantly making $$

David Randolph

... I'm having trouble reading all posts since time is limited, but I know there are some very good insights and picks that are unnoticed, which is a pity. Our team is still thinking about a model where good posts are always noticed, perhaps expanding the team (currently only two part-time guys, me and Ramsburg).

I'll make an effort to at least read the majority of posts in the future, I know I'm missing a lot ... let me applaud you for this wake up call  :)

setravis

I applaud you Adam! For taking the time to give applauds and recognition to this great website and the many number of outstanding stock minds(pickers) that are associated with 3StocksOnFire.It is a great site that David Randolph and Frederick Ramsburgh have put together.I know I am proud to be a member. And just to have the opportunity to put forth my two cents.Hats off to you Adam ;)  People like you make the site what it is.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

the ground is littered with hats...and now I add mine as well(hats off) Adam

I think we will find that when you have so many great posters the quality of the posts(analysis)  go up up and away.  And we will all benefit.  Its like a free market system of posting  ;)

yes I think of everything in terms of market dynamics  :D

stocky

#4
Adam, applaud

And truly the site has grown quite fast. I used to read each and every post. Now I can't b/c of some my preoccupations and some day trading.

Will try to answer your posts if I can add some objectivity. Keep the T2T spirit on fire. :)

[adam, one thing i would like to add is that its very rare that traders trade all kind of stocks. Some will not trade small caps, some will not trade stock above 10, some will not trade a stock unless its on the screen for three days, etc, etc. That may also explain that some picks are not answered. :) ]

AussieTrader

Well said Adam, i am guilty of not applauding good posts enough. I miss good posts as well due to time issues. A newbie can contribute a diamond as well as 1 of the old hands and that should be remmbered.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

cumulina

Very well said, Adam.

And a good thing that you brought our attention to it  ;)

I'm in the line of applauders!

Some times I think some of the great picks goes unnoticed - or get ignored - or just skipped over - because some people have trouble figuring out how to "spice" up their recommandations.

I have a couple of times seen posts from newbee's, that just have a few lines mentioning a stock's name, and that it's going to go trough the roof soon.

With all the posts here I can understand why some get more attention than others.

Some times I've answared a post like that and attatched a chart to it, so that it might get some more attention, but even if I do try to read all posts on this great site, I still don't get them all.

I don't know if it maybe would be an idea to give newcommers a "welcome-package" when they sign up?
Consisting of a little history of this site, the rules - and then maybe suggestions for how to post messages with charts etc.

This site is the best on the net (at least in the languages I read  ;D ) and the few times a visitor didn't appreciate the spirit of the board they soon recognized it and left again.

Thanks to everybody for an interesting anf friendly atmosphere!


Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

Melf Elf

#7
Great points made by everybody. 

Since posting here, I think I've started only four or five new threads since there already are so many threads to read.  Three of my threads drew no response at all.  One of those drew a question about something else.

As others have said, we're all busy, so if a thread  that you start doesn't generate any response, please don't take that personally.

A suggestion: If you start a thread, please also offer some work to help the reader understand why you are bullish or bearish on the stock.  It's impossible for everyone to do due diligence from scratch on each of the vast number of stocks that are presented here. 

Saying, "I think this is a great stock and what does everyone think of it?" isn't likely to generate much response.  The reader has to take alot of time to do research on it, then to type out a response to you.  If you want others to be interested in the stock, please be interested enough in it yourself to do some of the due diligence that is required.

Posts that include the price of the stock, the float, the average volume or anything else  that helps the reader to get a "quick read" on whether they're interested in the stock, or not, are helpful. 

A chart is very helpful, and again, I thank eliteG, cumulina and others who helped  to explain how to post one.  ;)

EDIT: Please use the Search function before you start a new thread on a stock.  Type the symbol in the Search box at the top of the screen, and see if there already is a thread.  I like cumulina's idea (applauded) to have a "Welcome Package" (maybe a folder on site?) with instructions like that to help us to be more organized.

nikao

agree with melf.. and i just want to add that the fact that sometimes there aren't people replying to a thread, doesnt mean there is no one reading it.. so please keep posting the technical analysis!

personally i indeed think we shouldnt have threads in stock picks that just states a stock, without chart, opinion, analysis. maybe this could be a rule?;

You can only open a topic in the stock picking sections if you provide a chart with some observation/analysis.
:)

Adam

Excellent responses, I learned a lot from these posts.  a lot more DD, and insite will be added personally when I post.  To this point I usually rush to post a symbol and price of entry simply because of time sensitivity and price move, at this point I will follow with explanation of why. 
Perhaps one idea would be to evaluate at days close some of the various picks and as a group decide if it should qualify to 3SOF.  Really happy to be a member of such an intelligent consortium, and always looking to improve upon an already fantastic site! ;D

eliteG

QuoteI don't know if it maybe would be an idea to give newcommers a "welcome-package" when they sign up?
Consisting of a little history of this site, the rules - and then maybe suggestions for how to post messages with charts etc.

what a great idea cumulina!(applaud)

I agree with you guys, Melf and nikao.  That is why I talked about post quality in my previous reply.  I know some are well intentioned but a post that just says <this is hot> or <can someone look at this> is just not doin it for me.   ;)  If you brought up a stock, you must have some reasons...

Adam i figured that your picks were about time sensitivity...if you feel that way I have a suggestion: you still post the "quick post" and then supplement it with reasons in a reply shortly after  ;)  Your idea about evaluating some picks at the end of day i think would be lots of fun..maybe a good chat topic.

wheezledick

Here's an idea. How 'bout a separate rating count from "the masters" who have achieved this status on this board? Maybe this status could be determined by a certain level of applause by the posters, or D and F could decide. A "masters' kudos" would be a way of letting the poster and others know that the opinion was read and given a thumbs up by the folks we all consider to be "in the know".

Just a thought...

:)

D'Wheeze