3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

HSOA

Started by aix, July 27, 2005, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aix

Take a look...

Thanks

aix

Anyone agree/disagree? D. Randolph?

pompano

I am no chart expert, but I do like the a couple of things here.

1)Good Fundamentals
2)Interest has picked up
3)This sector of the market has been extremley hot lately
4)Low float

I am taking a position tommorow is there is a pullback below 2                                                                                     

aix

What made you wait for it to go below $2? If the decision was based on technical or philosophical reasons please explain.

Thanks...

pompano

#4
Wow did anyone see how this closed today. Now I wish I would have bought more.  Will add more on the pullback Monday.  Oh, sorry Aix I always used to by to high there is usally always a pullback and if there is not its no big deal to me.  I used to let my emotions get in the way of reason.

atalltexan

It's nice when you can see what everyone is talking about.  Here is the chart.  Anyone have specific news on the company ?


aix

How do you post a chart?

Thanks...

atalltexan

Quote from: aix on July 30, 2005, 12:01:29 PM
How do you post a chart?

Thanks...

Aix, the way I do it is as follows:

1. Go to Stockcharts.com (sharp charts) and pull up the desired chart (go with medium size, so it will it in properly when posting).
2. Right click on chart and choose "save as" to your hard drive.
3. Then pull up on your computer the saved chart and select "file", scroll down to "save as" and select "save as type" "gif".  That format will allow you to post in a viewable fashion.
4. Next, post your reply on this site, and at bottom of post you'll see "additional options".  Click on it and next to Attach you'll see a "browse" option.  Hit browse, then search on your hard drive for where you saved the chart.  Highlight the file and click "open".  That will attach it to your reply. 
5. Hit post, and there you are.

aix

Thanks a lot atalltexan. I have posted the chart for another stock I really like...MECA. Check it out...


eliteG

#9
...something is up with HOM.  With volume price growth like that..something is up.  Earnings out the 15th.

HOM - Home Solutions of America, Inc. provides residential services, including restoration and specialty interior services primarily to residential properties in the Unites States. The company primarily operates in two segments, Restoration Services and Specialty Interior Services. The Restoration Services segment provides indoor air contamination removal, carpet cleaning, air duct cleaning, and fabric protection services for primarily residential properties. The Specialty Interior Services segment manufactures and installs cabinets and countertops. Home Solutions of America also supplies and installs granite materials for kitchens and baths to national home centers, as well as national builders and remodeling companies. The company was incorporated in 1998 and was formerly known as Nextgen Communications Corporation. It changed its name to Home Solutions of America, Inc. in 2002. Home Solutions of America is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.

Yahoo link: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HOM

chart link: http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=HOM,uu

chart:




airv

Thanks for posting HOM.

I bought HOM on 7/29 at 1.94 after watching it for three days following the bullish engulfing candle.

The price/book is less than 2 and HOM's quarterly earnings growth is 139% with 40% qtrly revenue growth (from yahoo stats).   HOM has free cash flow.  The trailing P/E is a little high at 19.38, but I think the stock will hit $3.  I suspect that it's just been recomended by some subscription letter - perhaps Navellier's Quantum, judging from Yahoo message board searches and judging from the high volume breakouts in July and August. Technically, it looks like it's heading up to 3 to complete a 2-year cup. 

I'm happy about the trade for now, but I think it has moved up too fast.  I'm suspicious of the steepness in the chart.  Looking at the weekly chart, it looks incredible: 

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=hom,uu[w,a]waclyyay[df][pb50!b200][vc60][iUb14!Ll14]&pref=G

Although the stock's climb looks overly steep, especially right before the earnings call in 3 days, I supose the volume is confirmation of a good thing - accumulation. 

Any more thoughts?  Thanks.

KCScott

In at 2.35 - EG is on a major streak
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

KCScott

#12
Out at 2.35 with earnings release tonight. Think I can buy it cheaper in the AM.

This company has a great little story and an excellent business doing Granite for Lowe's and Home Depot - Just that the momentum didn't push it enough leading into earnings got me a little scared.

-------------------------

Update .04 earnings - Raised guidance to .18 to .20

After hours bids up to 2.50 - may gap up in the AM / I guessed wrong on this one, I guess

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

calven

Huge earnings...open at 2.60 tomorrow!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

KCScott

Pulled back to 2.21 today - Man that was quick.

Any of you TA folks want to take a crack at this and let me know your thoughts?

From a Fundamental point, these guys are doing things right.
And I like the Granite business since we just had our kitchen redone over the winter (OK it started in the winter and ended in the spring, but that's another story alltogether  :o

Thanks in advance -

KCS
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop