3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BCON - Sector: Utilities --- Industry: Electric Utilities

Started by jeff46902, June 05, 2005, 10:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirebldr

Should drop back under $5
Congrats to you my friend
Art

REALDEALS21

If it stays around the 5.18-5.25 thru the day, then at around 2 p.m, it might break the high of the day.

airv

I bought BCON at .90 cents in mid-June and like so many other times, I sell my winners too early and don't go up for the full ride.  I just find it too hard to believe a stock can give me more than 200% and I take my profits off the table before their peaks.  I sold BCON like an idiot a day after the flywheel announcement -- the day of the gap up open to 2.55.  But getting out at 2.50 was good enough for me.  Even though in retrospect, I could have done much better.   I was also in WLDA at 6.00 and sold at 10 -- missing the biggest move.  Same with HISC, bought in at .03 and sold at .07, missing the ride to .12.  And IFDG, another 200% gain that could have been 400%.  And ADBL too, which I got at 3.05 and sold at 12 - missing the ride to 25! Though booking profits feels fine, it causes a sinking feeling not to be with the stock any more as it keeps on climbing.  I bought MCEL several weeks ago at 1.92 and just bought FLWE today at .80.  I really think that rides like BCON and ISON (which I rode 300% in five days) and HISC are easier to find, but harder to stick out.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how BCON trades over the next few weeks.  I think it peaked today at 5.35 and will head down a little for a while.  It has a dark cloud cover candle now.  But I'm no expert on selling.   

Lesson I learned is to implement a trailing stop near the close of the day rather than sell at a specific price target.


Another lesson is the next day after a white candle with no upper shadow the stock usually continues the uptrend.

Tomorrow I'm watching WVWC for an entry below today's close. Hoping to catch .325

la-onda

hey, please check updated chart.
IMO this is just a normal correction but I would appreciate TA analysis comments by our experts!

Tack se mycke in advance

gri64

Hi la-onda,

Unfortunately, I can't believe that it's a "normal correction". IMHO, it was sell-off by big players... so something happens behind the scene. I don't know what, but I don't like it  :(
I was absolutely shocked yesterday.... from +12% to -8% during 2 hours...

And I would appreciate comments by our experts not only for TA analysis, but overal view (TA+fundamental+news)  ;)

Thanks in advance,
Gregory



la-onda

FYI:
BCON: Short Interest UP 4440.7% to 265.7K in Aug 2005

Thursday , August 25, 2005 06:00 ET

According to new short interest data from NASDAQ, short interest for Beacon Power Corporation (NasdaqSC: BCON) INCREASED 4440.7% to 265,724 shares for the month ended mid-August, 2005.

SYMBOL              JULY          AUGUST          CHANGE       %CHANGE  DAYS/COVER
--------   -------------   -------------   -------------  ------------  ----------
BCON               5,852         265,724        +259,872     +4440.74%           1
Based on BCON's 20-day average daily share volume of 12,112,665, it would require approximately 1 day(s) of buying to cover this short interest.


David Randolph

BCON is one of the most bullish stocks and charts on the street. I'll be looking to buy it, not today, but perhaps tomorrow or in a few days.

Somewhere between $3.75 and $3.90 will be a nice entry point, I believe.

Everyday I saw this stock rise I got  :'(, so this pullback is very welcome for me to get back in, doesn't matter if it is at a higher price.

But short term it looks bearish, up a lot intraday yesterday and today and now negative.

I love it fundamentally and I'll be a buyer on dips over the coming days.

la-onda

well here are your rentry area !!
you will buy or you will wait?

soxguy


cpxlam

bought some at 3.75 and some more at 3.85

David Randolph

Quote from: la-onda on August 25, 2005, 11:55:24 AM
well here are your reentry area !!
you will buy or you will wait?

Hell, I can't buy today, not for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio and I like to match the real deals with the Portfolio. I always tell in advance what I will buy or sell.

Besides, I find it difficult for BCON to make a bullish candle today, the stock opened at $4.48, was up 10%, then down more than 10% and now is down about 6%. The general market is still up a bit and I expect it to tank during the afternoon, I think BCON will go down with it ... I hope not, because I guess many people still hold BCON (I wish I held it too, I sold at $2.99  :-[), but that's my expectation ...

So, I'll wait  :)

PerfectSage

Thanks tirebuilder  ;) The last 2 days look pretty ugly for BCON. 
I wanna be the minority ;)

shawFund

Two down days with high volume.

The run is over.

It presented a high realibility "Bearish Reversal Candlestick Pattern"
both yesterday and today:

Yesterday - Dark Cloud Cover
Today - Three Outside Down (confirmation of yesterday's pattern)

It touched 9 day MA and bounced back today though. Most people will take profit when seeing the bearish patterns.

This is a story stock and we will not see profit from the company until .....

VPHM is for real - a killer drug.

basonista

Livelife, I think you are being a little to lively.  Is there any reason to spam the board like this? >:(

usedcasting

Good morning all, David, are you buying back in at this level. Just curious!

Cheers

Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em