3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Auto-update feature

Started by nextmove, August 09, 2005, 05:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nextmove

I only found out about this site a few days ago. It´s great! :D

As I already spent some time here I found a feature that is bugging me.
I use Firefox and tabbed browsing to open many threads at once. But, after a few minutes the pages autoupdates for some reason and when that happens it returns to message index. Then I have to hit 'back' to return to the subject. It´s a minor problem, but I guess this also leads to increased load on your servers for this very popular website, maybe you should look into it.

I wish you the best of luck and I will definitely stick around here :D


nextmove

Noticed this question was already raised under 'Helpdesk'.  :P

Anyway the only negative thing I have to say about this great site ;D ;D is this very feature, and I must say - after using the site more - that it is a big pain in the ass having to hit 'back' all the time.

Despite having a fast connection the site is slow.

The pages contains a lot of data and as I believe a lot of user keeps doing the same thing as I do, and that surely  is putting a lot of load onto your servers making the site slow.

This problem will grow with the number of users.

This should be an easy problem to fix. ;)


Ramsburg


Hi !

This is going to be fixed soon.

regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

metro

Still not fixed - an open page gets "refreshed" back to main heading - quite irritating

dyc100

Yep, I agree!  The Auto-update feature should alway turn off and let the user decide if he/she likes to have 3sof auto update, well, at least I alway hit back buttom to get back to the page, but just curious! ???