3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Anyone use Telechart Gold?

Started by Tirebldr, August 09, 2005, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirebldr

I'm currently in the middle of a 30day free eval of Telechart Gold. I'm curious as whether there is anyone else using this software and what you think of it compared to other software. I went for that as it is free software w/that trial. I'm beginning to learn the software, and enjoy using it.

However,  I'm almost thinking it would be better, at this point in my novice career ;D, supporting 3SoF and eliminate TC2005. Until I at least make my first million that is.

I'm to thoughts and suggestions.
TIA !!!
Art

catrader

i have had it for a couple of months and guess $1 per day is not that bad of an investment.  Have not really looked into bop and tsv and ms analysis.  have to do that.  seems lately on a bad streak, so hope that reverses.

nikao

hmm .. it isn't really expensive.. but if you're using this for 2 years.. (with the discount) you'd be better of with MetaStock. So I think you really have to think if this is better than MetaStock......

catrader

Quote from: nikao on August 11, 2005, 03:01:24 AM
hmm .. it isn't really expensive.. but if you're using this for 2 years.. (with the discount) you'd be better of with MetaStock. So I think you really have to think if this is better than MetaStock......

isn't metastock much more expensive?  telechart is like $30/month but cheaper if you sign up for 1 or 2 years.

Tirebldr

I was in communication w/MStock just today. Following are some exerpts from our talks:

MetaStock is really the big brother to TC2005.  MetaStock will allow you to develop your own strategies and systems.  Using them to look through the market or back test the systems and strategies.  If you are using TC 2000 and want to continue to use that data to Power MetaStock you can.  Or we offer the data through Reuters Datalink it runs $24.95 for Stocks and Mutual funds and will give you data back to 1980 as part of the download.

The data that we offer is only End of Day through this but we also do offer a Real time service that runs more. If you would like to hear about that I can give you the details of that as well.

The Reuters DataLink for $24.95 is for Stocks.  If you want futures, it would be an additional $24.95 if you want the Indices it would be $9.95.  There are different data packages.  You would have the one time cost of the software then $24.95 for stocks.  That is all unless you wanted other data.

MetaStock gives you more capabilities.  We give you the ability to use it with other data feeds as well. If you wanted to convert your TC data to MetaStock you can.  The cost to what MetaStock can do really isn't that high. It has won the best software in its price range the last 13 years in a row!. . . . . . . . . . . .


I've been observing and listening to many - who seem to be doing quite well - only use internet sites for their evaluations on stock. I called in and stopped my free trial to TCV2005  today. I enjoyed using it, but so far the capabilites are far above my capabilities and I'm just not sure if it is worth plunking down $30 on a hope I do better with it all. I've already lost my greatest help on 3SoF at the end of the month or so. That in itself makes me want to cry in my ice tea. But if I cant afford thirty bucks, I sure can't do more while I'm in the red at least. I liked the idea of contributions, but and oh well. I can surely understand why true supporters are necessary, and have no complaints.  I will miss a lot of the comlaudery and advice which was being established.

Good Luck.....I'd like to continue hearing various thoughts on this subject though.
Art

nikao

Quote from: catrader on August 11, 2005, 08:32:39 PM
Quote from: nikao on August 11, 2005, 03:01:24 AM
hmm .. it isn't really expensive.. but if you're using this for 2 years.. (with the discount) you'd be better of with MetaStock. So I think you really have to think if this is better than MetaStock......

isn't metastock much more expensive?  telechart is like $30/month but cheaper if you sign up for 1 or 2 years.

MetaStock is 500$ isn't it?

nikao

Quote from: Tirebldr on August 11, 2005, 09:28:48 PM
I was in communication w/MStock just today. Following are some exerpts from our talks:

MetaStock is really the big brother to TC2005.  MetaStock will allow you to develop your own strategies and systems.  Using them to look through the market or back test the systems and strategies.  If you are using TC 2000 and want to continue to use that data to Power MetaStock you can.  Or we offer the data through Reuters Datalink it runs $24.95 for Stocks and Mutual funds and will give you data back to 1980 as part of the download.

The data that we offer is only End of Day through this but we also do offer a Real time service that runs more. If you would like to hear about that I can give you the details of that as well.

The Reuters DataLink for $24.95 is for Stocks.  If you want futures, it would be an additional $24.95 if you want the Indices it would be $9.95.  There are different data packages.  You would have the one time cost of the software then $24.95 for stocks.  That is all unless you wanted other data.

MetaStock gives you more capabilities.  We give you the ability to use it with other data feeds as well. If you wanted to convert your TC data to MetaStock you can.  The cost to what MetaStock can do really isn't that high. It has won the best software in its price range the last 13 years in a row!. . . . . . . . . . . .


I've been observing and listening to many - who seem to be doing quite well - only use internet sites for their evaluations on stock. I called in and stopped my free trial to TCV2005  today. I enjoyed using it, but so far the capabilites are far above my capabilities and I'm just not sure if it is worth plunking down $30 on a hope I do better with it all. I've already lost my greatest help on 3SoF at the end of the month or so. That in itself makes me want to cry in my ice tea. But if I cant afford thirty bucks, I sure can't do more while I'm in the red at least. I liked the idea of contributions, but and oh well. I can surely understand why true supporters are necessary, and have no complaints.  I will miss a lot of the comlaudery and advice which was being established.

Good Luck.....I'd like to continue hearing various thoughts on this subject though.

thx for your info!

Im not sure how it compares to www.stockcharts.com (same price..but stockcharts gives 15min. delay info.. not only end of day)

I'm currently just using the free charts on stockcharts.com and for now it's really sufficient for me (could use bigger charts.. but hey..it's free ;) )