3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Stocky's Diary

Started by stocky, August 09, 2005, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

9 Aug, 2005

Just got bored and wanted to start this stuff. Lets see what I do. After yesterday, I am back in market. Just bending some rules and breaking some. Got hold of 8 [6 full and 2 half] more positions today:

NT, VLO, UPL, SWSI, ENER, END, CWPC, TNOG

I am already holding half position in AMEP. The reason for half position is the penny risk levels. I am not sure much about CWPC but will see if I can flip it today or tomorrow. Will dpend on its closing.

Any comments or criticism welcome.

Need some gold in portfolio.

Added GG.


Gurukul


stocky

#2
10 August, 2005

yeah, I think oil and stocks does not mix well. With oil flying to north I wonder where will the market be. I am also looking to start another position in VPHM. But for a while I have enough oil stocks.

Flipped TNOG and CWPC.

Added APC, SU, APA, GMXR, TOPT and SOSA.

Yes, I am grabbing every oil and oil related stock on earth. Dont know why I am holding NT

My holdings are:
NT @ 3.09   
GG @ 16.92
VLO @ 88.73
UPL @ 40.07
APC @ 88.91
APA @ 71.07
SU @ 56.68
SWSI @ 22.4
ENER @ 27.41
GMXR @ 19.85
TOPT @ 14.88
SOSA @ 12.47
END @ 4.48
AMEP @ .019

Flipped ENER and Added PQUE @ 8.52

It seems like Goldman Sachs was right about oil going to 100$

I think some money can be made at the moment in
   1. Oil      [I think the best bet are the already profitable companies]
   2. Gold   [GG is the best, though RGLD is also a good one]
   3. Steel  [I would be buying TONS in this sector]

Fully invested now but in coming days will be offloading NT and trim some of the oils. Like ENER but seems like oil plays will be the first beneficiaries. Alternates will come into play later and for this I think DSTI is still the best bet.

And I must admit that I am on the not-too-healthy diet of oil but I will be overweight [unlike the present fully weighted in oil] as long as crude futures closes above 60$

stocky

#3
11 August 2005

Flipped TOPT [did not like the chart] and added TEC [seems to have one of the best charts].

Sold GMXR, SWSI [liked both stocks but both moved a lot during last few days], added steady riser KCS, another oil play.

Sold both AMEP and END.  [they both may give outstanding returns but I am not willing to take the risk at the moment]

Flipped SU. Though still owns 80% of oil. Would like this ratio to me max of 40%

Offloaded APA and APC. [they are the best low-risk oil plays but I am now interested in some diversification :)  [now having 44% of portfolio in oil,  8% tech, 8% gold, Rest in cash]

So I have no more trades for today. Just want to share few things here. You would have noticed that I loaded the portfolio in last two days with oil, then sold some of them for marginal profit. I have one theory that if your confidence is low then you can pick up the strongest group and do some small trades may be for even small profits. Once you show yourself that you can make it little, you will surely have richer confidence.

I thought of buying CRGO but I am least convienced by market action, b/c pennies are mercilessly crushed whenever the mo. turns south. Will see tomorrw if I can take a position in it. Also I have noted that its best to take position in a penny in the first half of day. Near the last hour and a half, daytraders usually jumps out.

It seems like alternate plays like DSTI and ESLR are going to be in play soon. Though DSTI is already up quite a bit, it can go higher. WWAT is the penny alt. play. But for momentum stocks the best runners will be the best known. So watch out DSTI. I may start a position in DSTI.

If you are watching oil and gold futures ramping up then have a look at Coffee also. I am watchin JVA in the group. Its low trading volume is keeping me away from jumping aboard.

Missed on both BCON and ANX. Dont have any excuses for that except I did not have free slots. And by the time I made space the duo had ran away.

At the end of day I must also add that selling END was a mistake. May get back in if I have a reasonable chance. The stock is strong technically and high crude will throw it lot higher.





stocky

#4
12 August, 2005

Goodmorning. I thought of selling GG today but after the huge US trade deficit I am expecting further action in gold stocks. All my holdings are doing good though I am not satisfied with KCS. But will keep it and see how it moves.

I am watching VPHM for starting a position below 9.8. [If it breaches 10 then I hope there will be lot of stops that will trigger]

Sold NT.

Added VPHM and ANX

Ramsburg


This diary is a great initiative !
I must applaud you stocky ! thats what I call a T2T topic ! ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

stocky

#6
13 August 2005

Thanks Ramsburg, I will try to be useful to the 3SF community as I owe them a hell lot.

I may not be quite active in the next week due to some necessary in-state travel. But will try to be in touch.

Good weekend everyone.

stocky

15 August 2005

Have my sell orders on GG [18.7], VLO [94.48] and UPL  quite higher. I am leaving out of town. Its cold here in LA. Take care all.

stocky

#8
16 August 2005

Dusting along I-5 and already some 500 miles away from home. I am out of everything. Though all of my oil stocks got semi-slaughtered but VPHM gave me a surprise which one can only dream about. Will be holding my oil barrels little longer.

I still see oil and gold futures bullish. I am not chickening out as long gold holds above 447 and oil above 60. Also I got in  EYII @ 0.123, yesterday.


stocky

#9
17 August 2005

On the road still. I will add MSPD, RITA and HYRF. But I have to sell some oil to make room for them. So here goes PQUE and KCS. Had I not enough oil I would have bought any oil related stock now. But its always important to diversify.

Keep an eye on BRVO. Its now at .78. I will like it to come to .60s range to pick up some.

Added cargo @ 0.025

So today I can say that my oil stocks got slaughtered. And tomorrow they may go further. I have a suspicion that today and tomorrow action have as much to do with options expiration as to profit taking. The only oil stock that I am worried about it TEC. The rest bunch of UPL, VLO and SOSA are prfoitable and respected companies. Since I am using Cash Account I can afford to be a bag holder for a while [as long as oil again flows cheaply then I have to run to gas station and dump my oil holdings].

Also I must say that I always add HALF position in pennies. Today missed on PLKC but may be another opportunity. I also added to my VPHM holding. Like both fundamentals and technicals. Good night all.

stocky

18th August, 2005

Another day on the road. Feel better with my holdings. Just TEC is giving me worries, though I was expecting it to test support at 6.3. If it closes below that mark then I am throwing it out no matter how much bubble is still left in the oil. Mindspeed too had the mind of its own today. My patience limit is close below 1.4.

On the positive end I am happy to have doubled my stake in VPHM yesterday. Also feel good to see ANX and RITA doing good. Rest of the stocks are ok. I will be still on the road for some time next week. I have my eyes on ELN, ADPT and offcourse DESC. But to accomodate the three I have to sell couple of oils or some other stocks. I will see how things develop on midday Monday. Take care all.

Holding:
ANX, VPHM [x2], GG, MSPD, RITA, VLO, UPL, SOSA, TEC, EYII [x0.5], CRGO [x0.5],  HYRF[x0.5]

stocky

#11
22 August 2005

Again could not be at the desk. Not even at the morning. I am in the process of switching my job which now happen to be dawn timed. Man I feel ppl having luxury of reading the tape as indeed lucky. Adopting position trading strategy of 3SF now. [infact I am doing it already now, and feel better :) ]

So my penny stocks are now taking the hit. Oil gang is coming back to life with TEC only underperforming. I am thinking of adding DESC. I am pleased with holding double position in VPHM but I will be taking half [or reducing to full position] soon. I am not happy with gold breaking down 447. I will be selling GG tomorrow. Goodluck everyone.

stocky

#12
23 August 2005

So I got rid of my oil gang and GG. Bought DESC as I mentioned yesterday. I also sold ANX. Holding on three losing pennies and some plummpy stocks. MSPD is underperforming but will give it some room. RITA is ok and VPHM is brilliant.

I am now on 3SF diet [i.e. holding only daves picks] and thats the way if you have life and full time job [especially during market hours] outside the market. I may be staying away from pennies or will be reducing them. At the moment they are 15% of my portfolio but I am not comfortable losing truck loads on them. May be market is quite brutal with them at the moment.

About 40% in cash but would add patiently. My guess is market is going to make some strong move, most probably on the up side. Goodluck all.

stocky

24 August 2005

Could not update earlier due to site being down. Its ok as it happens. Added BTUIx2, BCON, BRVO, HYQS [or whatever dont recall the symbol], added to CRGO. Sold RITA.

Tomorrow will be on the road again so wont post during the mkt time. May be later. But not sure. I am again not too much happy with my penny holdings. Will give them another day to show some life. However, with oil hydra sneaking its heads I doubt any positive action in mkt. Just gambled on BCON. Will hold it atleast till next couple of trading days. Goodluck all.

David Randolph

Great thread Stocky  :D

This is worth at least 10 applause's, I'll give you 5 now and 5 in a while ...

Thanks for the excellent work, keep up  :)