3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

POGI.OB - Volume Alert

Started by Ramsburg, August 10, 2005, 02:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg


From the OIL sector:
PARADIGM OIL AND GAS (POGI.OB)

This volume is not normal... and a lot of price action...

Anyone watching ?
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

saffeysite1


Ramsburg

Quote from: saffeysite1 on August 10, 2005, 02:33:24 PM
Entered the shark [email protected]

You got a better price then me ;)
I'm in @ 0.26  >:D

With the NNNC profit, I've bought 3 pennies today for my «risky» portfolio:
POGY, CALI and FNIX

Let's sit back and wait ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

drexler

Rams do you expect a gap up in the morning?

Ramsburg

Quote from: drexler on August 10, 2005, 03:43:31 PM
Rams do you expect a gap up in the morning?

hehehe  ;D

I don't expect nothing... I'm just bullish on this stock, and I expect it to rise... Intraday chart is doing great !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

gmarc66

I decided to join in POGI and picked some up a little while ago at .26...looks likes its moving again...only bought 1500 shares..so hopefully it will go up enough for me to to eventually make some profit.

Unfortunately can't afford to buy all your picks RAMS, but they all look promising.

Good luck everyone!!! ;D

julia

Ramsburg

Quote from: gmarc66 on August 10, 2005, 03:52:35 PM
I decided to join in POGI and picked some up a little while ago at .26...looks likes its moving again...only bought 1500 shares..so hopefully it will go up enough for me to to eventually make some profit.

Unfortunately can't afford to buy all your picks RAMS, but they all look promising.

Good luck everyone!!! ;D

julia

Hi Julia,

I usually have 8 to 12 pennies on my portfolio... My strategy is to get some «bags» in some of them, and I take 25-35% risk on the others...
My picks on this board are merelly indicative, please do always your own DD, because most of this picks are really risky... (REALLY)

good luck !

ps: POGY is doing great ;-)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

gmarc66

Thanks Ramsburg,

Yes, I'm also holding about 12 pennies right now..most of them doing very, very badly..unfortunately...I bought most of those when i first starting trading early this year...and i didn't know anything at all about risk management..i though u were just supposed to wait until things turned around for the better...i feel so silly now.

However, i am learning about taking small loses now...like yesterday, i sold my AMRE at .054...which i bought at .06...just in case...because i cant take the big losses anymore..they are killing me.

But, NNNC...that i also bought several months ago at .004...and almost sold last week in desperation at .0004!!! Took off just in time..and i actually made a profit!!!! Havent seen one of those in a very long while!

Thanks to everyone here....David and yourself included...i am learning alot about risk management...the charts, technical and fundamental stuff am still completely useless at..but, in time will hopefully understand it somewhat.

THanks to everyone for being so informative and helpful....hope everyone has had a profitable day...i did..and it feels great!!

julia ;D

saffeysite1

Rams,

Bought exactly the same three pennies today: POGI, FNIX and CALI.

Oh and one more that you didn'y buy:CGHI.ob - a penny gold stock that seems to reversing. 

Saffey.

Loffigus

One thing I have learned about pennies in the last couple months, is that you absolutely must take profits when you have them.

I got burned probably 20 seperate times where I had a large 20% or better profit and ended up taking a 20% loss by the time I sold.

So, now, I take my profits as soon as the momentum shifts, and I don't worry if it goes higher than my sell price.  It has made my trading a lot more profitable to let go of my greediness. 8)

basonista

I like that advise, Loffigus.  I'm going to try it as I have had some losses and lower gains than if I would have curbed my greed. :(

Ramsburg

Quote from: gmarc66 on August 10, 2005, 04:11:55 PM
Thanks Ramsburg,

Yes, I'm also holding about 12 pennies right now..most of them doing very, very badly..unfortunately...I bought most of those when i first starting trading early this year...and i didn't know anything at all about risk management..i though u were just supposed to wait until things turned around for the better...i feel so silly now.

However, i am learning about taking small loses now...like yesterday, i sold my AMRE at .054...which i bought at .06...just in case...because i cant take the big losses anymore..they are killing me.

But, NNNC...that i also bought several months ago at .004...and almost sold last week in desperation at .0004!!! Took off just in time..and i actually made a profit!!!! Havent seen one of those in a very long while!

Thanks to everyone here....David and yourself included...i am learning alot about risk management...the charts, technical and fundamental stuff am still completely useless at..but, in time will hopefully understand it somewhat.

THanks to everyone for being so informative and helpful....hope everyone has had a profitable day...i did..and it feels great!!

julia ;D

Hi Julia,

That's it Julia, 12 pennies on your portfolio is a nice rule... that way you are diversified, in case some of them go the wrong way....
But you should have another rule... I use it sometimes:
- When I don't remember why I bought some stock, I just sell it right away ;)
It's good for those cases where you are holding a stock for long time... Along with some kind of stop loss rule...

I'm sure you'll learn much more here at 3Stocks !

Best regards, and congrats on your green day ! ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Quote from: saffeysite1 on August 10, 2005, 04:23:14 PM
Rams,

Bought exactly the same three pennies today: POGI, FNIX and CALI.

Oh and one more that you didn'y buy:CGHI.ob - a penny gold stock that seems to reversing. 

Saffey.


Nice to know I have this kind of company in such hard terrain ;)
I'm putting CGHI on my watch list.

Regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Quote from: Loffigus on August 10, 2005, 04:43:35 PM
One thing I have learned about pennies in the last couple months, is that you absolutely must take profits when you have them.

I got burned probably 20 seperate times where I had a large 20% or better profit and ended up taking a 20% loss by the time I sold.

So, now, I take my profits as soon as the momentum shifts, and I don't worry if it goes higher than my sell price.  It has made my trading a lot more profitable to let go of my greediness. 8)


Hi Loffigus,

I totally understand your point of view... and It's also one of the market's famous quotes:
«Never let a profit turn into a loss»...

Although, and especially in penny stocks, I don't always use it ...
And I'll explain why:
In some cases, and mostly in low float / market cap pennies, the potential is so HUGE, that doing that may compromises the initial strategy...
I've a great example, for this one: FCCN
I've bought it @ 0.014, then it went to 0.0169 or something few minutes after I bought it... on the next 2 days it was trading at 0.009 (big paper loss), then it went up again to 0.025 (good paper profit), then was down again to 0.011 (big paper loss again)... a few weeks later it was trading at 0.080 (+470%)... Off course I didn't sell it at 0.080, but I started selling it after 0.050, and sold my last shares today at 0.035 (I guess my selling average is around 0.055 or something) ...

This is just an example...

On these low float pennies, my strategy is to develop a mental target (based on TA, felling and FA), then I must give some room to the move to develop, and learn when to wait, and when to jump out... That's the more difficult part, but applying the «Never let a profit turn into a loss» rule is not compatible with most of these trades.... I guess there are no rules for this issue... just experience, and some money management...

Personally, I'll be much more frustrated if I sell 1 specific stock with a 30% gain some days before of having the possibility of making a 400% gain, then to sell with a 20% loss when I had the chance to have a 20% profit some days before... But off course, this is personal... every trader has its own particular sensibility... ;)

It's easier to watch a 30% paper loss, when that position only represents 3-4% of total equity... So I try never to be over exposed on ant given penny...

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

J.Livermore


Just bought some POGI @ .20 !
I don't believe the stock will be back on the floor level.
Jesse Livermore
I love Thursdays, specially the Black ones...