3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ANX

Started by Ramsburg, August 11, 2005, 08:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

ANX
Profile: ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical research and development company. The company focuses on new technologies for anticancer and antiviral treatments, which address drug metabolism, toxicity, bioavailability, or resistance problems.
Website: http://www.adventrx.com

ANX was already mentioned several times by Saffeysite1 on the Stock Picking Board, but now it has attracted my attention...

Technical Overview:
ANX developed a symmetrical triangle formation on the last months, the breakout was made in mid-July, since then, the stock has been very technical, trading inside an Ascending Channel, having good volume on the up-moves, and decreasing it's volume on the deeps.
Right now, ANX just reacted on the base of this channel.

The target of the symmetrical triangle is $4.39, which I believe it could be reached on the short term with the right market conditions.

Trading Setup:
I'm buying ANX today near the open.
The Target for this trade is the price zone near $4.39.
The stop will be $3.19 (then, if the trade goes the right way, I'll move the stop to trailing stop along the base of the channel)

(This recommendation was made by Frederick Ramsburg from 3 Stocks on Fire. 3 Stocks on Fire is a Community of stock traders and investors. Our 2863 members change trading ideas and strategies on our message boards everyday. We welcome you as a new member of the 3 Stocks on Fire Community, please take 10 seconds to register and receive our free newsletter)

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

Great pick for 3sof portfolio Ramsburg! (applaud)  look at this one moving..wow!  Volume surpassed yesterdays volume by 10am.  woohoo  8)  >:D

basanlas


shawFund

For me, playing technical only is quite uncomfortable.

I need to know the fundamental before putting money into a stock.

For example, VPHM - based on its fundamental, the fiar value for the company is now around $20 within a year. Therefore I have some faith putting money on its pull back and I may double my position if it goes down further because I know the value is there.

What is the trading plan for ANX?




Ramsburg

Hello,

Yesterday, I was out of town so I was unable to update this trade.

I can't say I'm enjoying this trade, ANX has broken the short term ascending support line, which by itself give a reason to drop this position.

Although, ANX is trying to reverse this short term move today, and I'll give it some room to see what's going on...

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tommyt

Ramsburg,
I think your uptrend channel is a little conservative. You won't be disappointed holding this one. This is just my opinion and I'm in @ 3.04.

Ramsburg


This trade is not going exactly as planed...
ANX needs a fast breakout of the $3.60 price level in order to sustain its momentum, otherwise I'll be forced to sell this position.

I know ANX has a great mid-term technical pattern, but I'm playing short term here. So I'm keeping ANX once again, but I have my finger on the trigger.

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

KCScott

Ramsburg - What's your definition of short term?

I'm in San Diego on a beach all next week, and wonder how much space you recommend giving this.

Best Regards,

KCS



Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

Ramsburg

Quote from: KCScott on August 17, 2005, 11:34:29 PM
Ramsburg - What's your definition of short term?

I'm in San Diego on a beach all next week, and wonder how much space you recommend giving this.

Best Regards,

KCS



Hi KCS,

For me short term, is no more then a few weeks. But in this specific case, I need an upside breakout to keep the ANX trading plan (which was a $4.39 short term target).

My stop on this trade (if I don't close it before that) is a close below $3.19.

Enjoy your days at the beach !   8)

best regard,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg


Nice session on ANX, the stock is going on the right direction...

Yesterday I asked for a breakout of the $3.60 level... almost today... I'm looking forward for tomorrow...
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

#11
No special update for ANX...
The stock is feeling a little resistance on these levels, but the overall pattern is pointing the north direction... All we need is a significant breakout of the $3.60 zone, and we should watch another good advance. Let's wait, and give some room to ANX...
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

ickabodcrane52

#12
Been in this little gem since 1.27*. If you want some actual research that has been done extensively on what it is Adventrx is doing then you might want to read the research posts, of which many have been done mainly by  Woodnstream, Biotechman22, Kingpindaddy, Mathwiz and a few others.

I think that if you do even the slightest bit of DD on what this company has going for them and is in the process of doing while taking  future possibilities into consideration these shares are still a Steal at these levels.

Imho of course

Buying on dips, still loong in ANX



Shy gypsy slyly spryly tryst by my crypt
shy gypsy slyly spryly tryst by my crypt

Ramsburg


ANX is working the bullish patterns on the right direction again... But it still needs some push for a consistent breakout.

Thanks for your input ickabodcrane52.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account