3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BQI

Started by David Randolph, August 17, 2005, 08:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

BQI
Over the last couple of weeks I've sold TIDE.OB and AMEP.OB. I'm still left with SKPI.OB and AVLN.OB in the oil micro cap space, both showing nice gains (35 and 20%, respectively) on the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

It came to my mind I should buy something on this space for the 3 Pennies on Fire Portfolio, and CWPC.OB passed my exploration and filter. This stock is truly trending higher as you can see on the all history chart below.

Over the short term, the stock made a big push and then retraced to the 61.8% retracement level, and now is pushing higher again with volume above average.

There has been some significant news but I won't go deep into them in detail, I believe TA works very well, so I'll stick to it.

Here's the simple trading plan: buy CWPC.OB at the open and the safety net is a close below the 61.8% retracement which stands at about $0.76. The reward is that the uptrend continues to a new all time high above $1.35 (which would trigger a technical target of $1.94).

(This recommendation was made by David Randolph from 3 Stocks on Fire. 3 Stocks on Fire is a Community of stock traders and investors. Our 2814 members change trading ideas and strategies on our message boards everyday. We welcome you as a new member of the 3 Stocks on Fire Community, please take 10 seconds to register and receive our free newsletter)

NyGuy

I would be careful about skpi.This stock has all the earmarks of a scam.
Nevada corp,not friendly to shareholders
Has changed names 3x in a short period of time
The gas companies that work with shells should have a red flag pop up in your mind
An Alberta connection,most scams are connected thru Nevada with California lawyers,
an Alberta connection and off shore buyers.
The stock immediately goes on the German stock exchange
It has naked shorting.
This stock qualifies in every aspect
You are also at a price that is extremely dangerous.jmo
NyGuy

maciagt

Hi there,
I think NyGuy is correct here.  There are no financials reported anywhere on this company.  This is not a good investment, no matter what the chart says.

TM

metro

Quote from: maciagt on August 17, 2005, 02:52:37 PM
Hi there,
I think NyGuy is correct here. There are no financials reported anywhere on this company. This is not a good investment, no matter what the chart says.


Sure there are financials if you mean CWPC http://tinyurl.com/dyarn

And sometimes trades are rmade only on charts as a techical trade where financials are not used. Depends on style and holding period.



la-onda

cwpc chart update, I will hold this one:

David Randolph

CWPC.OB is an easy play:

1) The stock has a very important support at $0.75, it was a long term resistance level and now it's also the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level. A bull doesn't want to see this stock close below that level and continue holding.

2) If we just had a pullback, a correction, and the bull trend is still in place, we'll eventually go higher and make a new all time high. The technical target of that hypothetical breakout would be $1.35-$0.75=$0.60+$1.35=$1.95, and that's where I'll take profits.

Risk = 20%  Reward = 112%

(thanks for your posts on SKPI.OB, I'll build a safety net on the stock at the next update, don't want to lose all of my 35% open profit)

David Randolph

Considering yesterday's candlestick it is possible some correction takes place on CWPC.OB over the short term. I could have sold yesterday by the close and then try to buy back it later at a lower price. But I believe one ends up losing more than winning, over the long run, with that attitude.

Trading in penny stocks involves high risk and high rewards. One needs to stand the risk to collect the reward. So I'm not worried if I have to sell this or any other stock at a loss, as long as I'm following a sound trading plan.

My trading plan to follow is very simple on CWPC.OB and I won't change it. It is written on the prior analysis.


NyGuy


David Randolph

Yes, I'm aware of it NyGuy, thanks for your thoughts on SKPI.OB, there's a thread about that stock on the 3 Stocks on Fire Board.

Regarding CWPC.OB, looking at the short term chart it looks like a correction is coming, but considering the all history chart it's easy to recognize the trend is very bullish and probably higher prices are coming.

But it doesn't matter, since I have a simple trading plan to follow:

1) Sell with a profit at $1.94
2) Sell with a loss if the stock is set to close below $0.75

David Randolph

Nothing has changed from the prior session on CWPC.OB, just trade the plan:

Quote from: David Randolph on August 22, 2005, 06:43:27 AM
But it doesn't matter, since I have a simple trading plan to follow:

1) Sell with a profit at $1.94
2) Sell with a loss if the stock is set to close below $0.75

irod


David Randolph

The company issued a FORM SB-2 to issue 22,595,750 new shares yesterday after the close, that's why we got an 8.4% fall after hours.

I guess a big part of this was already expected, since it comes from conversion of notes payable and warrants.

Anyway, prior to this the number of shares outstanding was 61.84M, so it will rise to 61.84M+22.60M = 84.44M. The market cap, which was 66.17M at yesterday's close of $1.07, to be the same after this operation the price needed to be $0.84.

So I expect some fall for today's session in CWPC.OB. But this doesn't make me change my trading plan, which is:

Quote1) Sell with a profit at $1.94
2) Sell with a loss if the stock is set to close below $0.75

David Randolph

CWPC.OB was a positive surprise yesterday, given the news. I'll keep the stock and continue to follow the plan.

Prfsr Hal

Mr. Randolph

I'm making money with you here and with VPHM.  Since you never heard of EF Hutton you probably never heard the expression the bee's knees.  But you are!  Ever there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

Prfsr Hal

David Randolph

Quote from: Prfsr Halhalack@ea on August 25, 2005, 07:09:59 PM
Mr. Randolph

I'm making money with you here and with VPHM.  Since you never heard of EF Hutton you probably never heard the expression the bee's knees.  But you are!  Ever there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

Prfsr Hal

Lol, never heard of it  :D Thanks for your kindness Prfsr Hal.

Wow, great day on CWPC.OB. We've had some news during the session yesterday:

CanWest Petroleum Corporation: Significant Acquisition, Athabasca Oil Sands-Alberta, Canada

If we get a close above $1.35 today or over the coming week we get a powerful technical setup with a technical target of $1.95. That's where I'll be looking to take profits ... but first we need that close above $1.35, we'll see.