3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

MSPD

Started by stocky, May 28, 2005, 05:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

Seems to me like double bottom with some potential upside. Any comments?

J.Livermore


Yes, it loks like a double bottim, but we still to watch a breakout.
Tuesday, we«ll got answers.

Thanks
Jesse Livermore
I love Thursdays, specially the Black ones...

stocky

Its ready to pop. Watch out tomorrow.

eliteG

its a pretty chart...its goin on my watchlist, thx  8)

setravis

agree here.......just may wet my feet come tomorrow on this one.
;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

AussieTrader

Nice one stocky, I like this type of pattern, certainly can fill that candle if the vol comes in, good risk reward play.
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

basonista

From what I understand of G-spots, it looks like we had a breakout today.

MSPD has been looked at on it's other spikes and David even considered it for the 3sof portfolio.  May be a good one to look at again....

David Randolph

#7
I need to think fast and write this recommendation fast, because my time is running out before the opening bell. I will justify this trade better on my first update, after the close.

Basically, I have these motives to buy the stock at today's open:

1) Fundamentals are improving rapidly and the stock is undervalued: Mindspeed(R) Reports Fiscal 2005 Third Quarter Results; Delivers Revenues of $27.7 Million, Achieving High End of Company's Expectations

2) New brokerage firms are covering the company with buy ratings, and their clients will be attracted to the stock, as soon as it starts rising, as it's happening now: News Headlines about Mindspeed Technologies Inc (MSPD)

3) The stock rose sharply on the earnings news but it wasn't technically ready to advance, came down a bit and consolidated those gains, and now it shot up to new short term highs (a G-Pattern, well, not a pure one but I guess eliteG won't mind me using his pattern in a distorted way  ;))

4) There's an important resistance at $1.81. In fact, very important. If the stock blows out that resistance you'll see a lot of technical guys jumping in. I believe the stock will achieve that in the upcoming days (possibly today), fundamentals and recommendations from brokerage houses will ensure that. Perhaps the real deal in terms of resistances was the one on the long term semi-log scale chart, which was broken on the upside yesterday !  8)

So I'm buying MSPD at today's open for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio, as usual, 6.66% of capital. Here are the short and long term charts:

(This recommendation was made by David Randolph from 3 Stocks on Fire. 3 Stocks on Fire is a Community of stock traders and investors. Our 2814 members change trading ideas and strategies on our message boards everyday. We welcome you as a new member of the 3 Stocks on Fire Community, please take 10 seconds to register and receive our free newsletter)

nikao

hmm .. interesting chart.... We can see the same thing here as in PETS.. big white candle with consolidation with an exact touch of the open of the candle.. will watch this one if it's gonna do the same the coming days.. the open of the new white would be a good entrypoint


rickjust

Quote from: nikao on August 17, 2005, 08:41:02 AM
the open of the new white would be a good entrypoint

hi nikao,
do you mean yesterdays open at 1.52 ?
thanks in advance
maxi



nikao

yes that's exactly what i mean ;)
Look in the PETS thread on this forum for more information about this pattern.

marshagogo

I think this is a good pick. I wish I didn't buy at the open $1.81 but bought more at $1.73.
I believe within a couple of days this may reward us well.

agentq314

Hi! I bought MSPD today @ 1.75. I am new to 3stocksonfire. I learned about your service through trading VPHM.

jeff46902

I actually bought some of this stock a couple weeks ago at $1.52 on its first pop.  Saw it go up to high 1.60's, then was disappoined to see it trade in the low 1.40's for the next couple weeks.  Something told me to keep holding it, and I'm glad I did!  I hope this goes up higher for all of us. 

Jeff

shawFund

Hi, Dav:

   Any update on this one?