3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

NVAX - Sector: Healthcare --- Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by fill_the_gap, August 25, 2005, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucey

Hi,guys,
if you sold NVAX this morning,then you got chance to buy WRMA @$3.5 ,and you have more than 50% gain already.....
Still have chance today...

SmartWrasse

H7N1 is one of several varieties of avian influenza.  The latest craze has been over an H5 strain.  There are multiple strains of H5, H7 and H9.  So I don't know how that news could bring down the whole bird flu maniacal trading, but I guess anything is possible.  The volume and trading patterns do not make any sense to me anyway.

Biotech is like rolling the dice.  I advise to only use small percentages of your capital.

bjc

NVAX has gone up in a straight line.  It's only normal for some profit taking to occur.  It hasn't even touched the 20 day ema since it was under 2, and it's still .82 away from it. 

I'll probably be buying in the next few days once everything cools down. 

joet

LiveLife :
All that BRAVADO... you stated "not selling until the institutions do"  etc...  guess the swing trader beat out the investor.  Good luck and thanx for all of you info, i learned some good web sites.   Cheers joe

brandyjoco

Ahkk. Am I the only one left here holding the bag?
Brandyjoco

joet

NOPE lots of us bag holders here with you, and institutions as well!  Hope they are more right than wrong!  Cheers Joe

defenderyou

What a shit day (excuse my English) - bought more NVAX - earlier at 4.60 and then lots more at 4.02. I am in for broke now - will dump all on anything below 3.95, as I think if we break down lower we are looking at nother pretty bog move down tomorow. This need to get above 4.20 and stay there, and I aint sure that it will be so. Be most curious in your opinions - I am  about SVA too as all got wacked today (inc HEB). My ARQL got hit hard late inthe day down to 6.50 area. Fortunately only bought a few more shares and then pulled the order.

HOM is the only one of my group that held up, and let me not say too much about XMSR - I swore I would never play that stock again (bought at 6 sold at 11) as I never made money since its been at 11.0!! But I broke my cardinal rule and got hosed today.

Worst day I had in a while - but easy come easy og.

I juts hope I make better decisions tomorrow and hope that NVA does not fall below 4 and stay there or I will be real sad!!

OPINIONS?

brandyjoco

Someone on yahoo message board for NVAX said that NVAX at 10 ema is at 3.85

I don't know if that is true as I can not read charts. Today was nasty! I lost $15,000 today on VPHM (which will prob be okay), SVA, HEB, NVAX.  Still holding VPHM, HOM, NVAX (got stuck in this). NVAX, HEB, SVA marketcaps are soooo low. I would think they would be worth it just on their products in the pipeline. HEB has ampligen completing Phase III.  SVA is a great Chinese biotech presenting at WHO on Nov 7. NVAX has various products in the pipeline and a fast method to product vaccines....

Any one else have opinions?
Brandyjoco

brandyjoco

Really, I'm not alone? How do we really know that institutions have been buying?
Brandyjoco


brandyjoco

Oh my gosh - check this article out:

http://www.insearchoftheperfectinvestment.com/

Do you think the institutions sold today or are they still in?
Brandyjoco

LiveLife

#341
Quote from: LiveLife on October 27, 2005, 02:27:05 PM
What can I say... :'(

What happened today?

Was it the bearish market trend?  Was it profit taking that went overboard?

I had to look at my wife this morning and we made an executive decision.

With the broad based sell off (the sea of red!), we decided to sell and hold cash and ride out the bearish market trend.  And return on rebound.

While I watched the intraday charts in disbelief, I began looking at my 20-40 stock list that I was going to "diversify" my gains from NVAX into.  I had a discussion with my retired daytrader dad and I decided to "park" my money in GNBT (yes, he gave me the "buy" nod).

GNBT was one of few "Avian related" plays that wasn't affected by the bearish selloff.  So, I figured that it would be a good stock to be "parked" in while reassessing the bearish market trend and the Avian stock plays.

I bought 36,000 shares at $1.34.

Good trading!




As the news of today's bearish selloff gets around, a lot of people are going to be upset and probably "vent" and will say the wrong things out of shock and frustration.

I too could not believe my eyes this morning after having done "exhaustive" postings on Novavax.  I kept telling myself and everyone that this morning was just an extended profit taking after "spectacular" gains on Tuesday.  I spent several hours listening to the conference presentation and painfully transcribed almost every word (yes, the CEO does need some speech lessons), he spoke and was convinced with each passing paragraph how "right" Novavax is.  I still believe in the company and the new leadership of the management team.

But we are stock traders, not investors.  If you are an investor or long, you can ignore the rest of this post because I believe Novavax will rebound and continue it's climb back to the "destined" target it will reach, as Avian flu is played out.  Longs will probably stay in until the managers start to sell.

As I stated numerous times before, I am a swing trader, who took a break on NVAX to become a "temporary" long.  As of today, I am back in "FULL" swing trader mode.  Yes, I already had a nice talk with my wife who reviewed my trade log and found that I let over $20,000 worth of swing trades go.  I am glad to report that when I finally sold NVAX this morning, I made $25,000 (She still insists that I should have swing traded).  ;)

My initial take on what happened today is that there was a broad based bearish sell off today, not just the Avian plays.  I do not believe it was anything Novavax did or Avian related.  This is the stock market, and days like today does exists.  if you don't believe that, then you need a reality check of current volatile bearish market trend we have been in since July (about the time I seriously started back stock trading!) see "Bear" chart below.

What next?  If you are holding NVAX, then market will probably rebound.  Will it happen tomorrow?  I am not a fortune teller.  What happended today will make a lot of people have a second and more cautious look at Avian plays and the stock market as a whole.  Should you buy/hold/sell?  I believe that will depend on what happens tomorrow and there on.

In a still bearish market, Avian related bio-tech sector gave a nice place for the traders to "camp out" the past several weeks.  I believe today will change all that.  Tonight, there will be reviews after review.  Charts will be examined and various analysis done as to what happened today.

As David stated earlier this week, "NVAX is now a speculative play."  I think that sums it up nicely.  We all speculated on NVAX and some of us still experienced a very nice gain.  Some of us that came in late, experienced a lot of loss yesterday and today.

Once the reality of the market set in, I had to cash out (yes, as long as I am married to my wife, she will make me do that after so many % of loss).  Not wanting to miss out on a rebound gain (the swing trader in me), I quickly reviewed my 20-40 stock list and even called my dad (retired part-time daytrader) and we discussed what we should do.  In the sea of red, GNBT was the only green beacon that had significant gain today, seemingly "immune" to the bearish selloffs that were going on.  I did the fastest chart/technical analysis that I have done in my life and "parked" my trading capital, 36,000 shares!  Although, even GNBT was not immune to the bearish afternoon and closed at $1.21 (down $0.04) from the day's high of $1.51 (missed out on another $4,000 of gain...Dang).  ;)

Crazy?  I am probably certifiable after today.  ;)

As soon as I made the buy, I tried to alert everyone else.  I made my post here and placed numerous =ALERT= posts in Yahoo MB in the hopes that those still holding NVAX shares will not experience any more loss today (I sold at $4.30).

What next?  I am going to review my trade log tonight and the 20-40 stock list that I have monitored and determine which stock(s) I will want to buy back on rebound of stock(s) and/or market.  In the meantime, I'll have my trade capital parked with GNBT and will post there.

I'll monitor the NVAX board and respond post if there are specific questions addressed to me.  I have been corresponding with quite a few traders by email and you can email me as well (I do respond). ;)

Take care,

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

nocky

I think this ia a normal pullback that should be bought once it bottoms..  lotsa momo players had entered the stock and started taking profits at 6ish top

not sure if it gets there but I will add at 3.
JMHO

gmarc66

I have to applaud you Livelife for all your time and effort invested in NVAX ;D

You have done a great job and your contributions have not gone unnoticed :)

Good luck on GNBT!...and I too think NVAX is just taking a breather for awhile.

Goodluck to all holders of NVAX!

thanks,

julia